CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and is scheduled to be held on 5th July 2020. It is an entrance examination for central government teacher positions. The CTET Exam schemes are divided into two categories:
- Paper 1 for candidates for class I to V teachers
- Paper 2 for candidates for class VI to XII teachers
Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) organizes CTET Hindi papers all over India. It is one of the most prestigious exams organized at the Central Level.
CTET Hindi Exam 2020
Candidates appearing for CTET are considered CTET qualified only when they clear the paper 1 OR both paper 1 and 2. A minimum score is needed for CTET Qualification.
The qualifying score is 60% for General category candidates, while it is relaxed for the reserved category. CTET Qualifying Marks for SC/ ST category is 55%.
Click Here for more details about CTET Eligibility 2020
CTET Hindi Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2
The CTET Syllabus includes Hindi pedagogy and Hindi grammar. There are many topics related to child development and inclusive education. The candidates are advised to learn thoroughly about child development and pedagogy and practice sample question papers. CTET Hindi Syllabus for all subjects for 2020 are as follows:
(a) Child Development (Primary School Child)
- The concept of development and its relationship with learning
- Principles of the development of children
- Critical perspective of the construct of Intelligence
- Multi-Dimensional Intelligence
- Influence of Heredity & Environment
- Socialization processes: Social world & children (Teacher, Parents, Peers)
- Piaget, Kohlberg, and Vygotsky: constructs and critical perspectives
- Concepts of child-centered and progressive education
- Language & Thought
- Gender as a social construct
- gender roles
- gender-bias and educational practice
- Individual differences among learners, understanding differences based on diversity of language, caste, gender, community, religion, etc.
- Formulating appropriate questions for assessing readiness levels of learners; for enhancing learning and critical thinking in the classroom and for assessing learner achievement.
- The distinction between Assessment for learning and assessment of learning; School-Based Assessment, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation: perspective and practice
(b) The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs
- Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived
- Addressing the needs of children with learning difficulties, ‘impairment’ etc.
- Addressing the Talented, Creative, Specially abled Learners
(c) Learning and Pedagogy
- How children think and learn; how and why children ‘fail’ to achieve success in school performance.
- Basic processes of teaching and learning
- children’s strategies of learning
- Learning as a social activity
- The social context of learning.
- Child as a problem solver and a ‘scientific investigator’
- Alternative conceptions of learning in children, understanding children’s ‘errors’ as significant steps in the learning process.
- Cognition & Emotions
- Motivation and learning
- Factors contributing to learning – personal & environmental
CTET Hindi Grammer Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2
Ctet Hindi Grammer consists of unseen passages and comprehension to test your reading and analytical skills. Additionally, the question paper focuses on the ctet Hindi pedagogy syllabus and pedagogy of language development. The subject includes:
(a) Language Comprehension
Reading unseen passages – two passages one prose or drama and one the poem with questions on comprehension, inference, grammar and verbal ability (Prose passage may be literary, scientific, narrative or discursive)
(b) Pedagogy of Language Development
- Learning and acquisition.
- Principles of Language Teaching.
- Role of listening and speaking; the function of language and how children use it as a tool.
- A critical perspective on the role of grammar in learning a language for communicating ideas verbally and in written form.
- Challenges of teaching language in a diverse classroom
- language difficulties, errors, and disorders.
- Language Skills.
- Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency
- reading and writing.
- Teaching-learning materials
- multi-media materials
- multilingual resources of the classroom.
- Remedial Teaching.
(a) Math Content
- Shapes & Spatial Understanding
- Solids around Us
- Addition and Subtraction
- Data Handling
- Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking; understanding children’s thinking and reasoning patterns and strategies of making meaning and learning
- Place of Mathematics in Curriculum
- Language of Mathematics
- Community Mathematics
- Evaluation through formal and informal methods
- Problems of Teaching
- Error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching
- Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
- Environmental Studies
(a) EVS Content
- Family and Friends:
- Work and Play
- Things We Make and Do
CTET 2020 Preparation Books
The following CTET Books are very informative and will give you an edge over your competitors. The Ncert books is the most important while formulating notes but the books listed below will act as ready reference.
- CTET Success Master Solved Papers and Hindi notes Class I to V : Arihant Experts
- Child Development & Pedagogy for CTET & all STETs : Disha Experts
- CTET Kendriya Shikshak Patrata Pariksha, CTET Hindi meaning, and dictionary:
- Success Master Samajik Adhyan Shikshak Ke liye hal CTET hindi Paper-2: Expert Compilations
- CTET Primary Stage Class I to V : Dr. S Anand, Singh & Gupta.
- The visually impaired candidates will be given a separate question paper
- PWD candidates with more than 40% disability can keep ascribing with them.
- Practice your CTET Hindi notes thoroughly.
- The best CTET Hindi books are Ncert and read the “Note to Teachers” section before commencing.
- All sections are compulsory to attempt.
- Negative marking is not applicable to both the Papers; Paper 1 & 2.
- You are allowed to use a blue or black ball pen only.
- The use of a pencil is not allowed, and your answer sheet will get rejected in case you use a pencil anywhere on your sheet.