CTET Eligibility June 2020: Age Limit, Qualification, and Reservations
Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) two times in every year. Guidelines for the CTET exam are fixed by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). Therefore, the eligibility criteria for the exam is also determined by NCTE. Since there are hardly any modifications, CTET eligibility June 2020 remains the same as last year.
CTET Eligibility Criteria 2020 (Updated):
Before applying for the CTET Exam, it is necessary to go through the entire CTET syllabus, exam pattern, educational qualifications, age limit, and reservations.
- CTET exam comprises of two paper – I and II
- Candidates who wish to join as teachers for classes I-V have to appear for Paper-I
- Candidates who wish to join as teachers for classes VI-VIII have to appear for Paper-II
- Paper I and Paper II, are compulsory for applicants who wish to join as teachers for classes from I-VIII. Applicants must meet all the eligibility criteria for both the papers.
- The CTET passing percentage is set at 60 percent for everyone
Here are the detailed explanation of eligibility criteria for both Paper 1 and Paper 2
CTET 2020 Age Limit & Nationality Criteria
- Applications for CTET 2020 will be accepted only from the citizens of India.
- Although there is no specific restriction for age limit, however, the applicant must be at least 17 years of age to appear for the exam.
Basic CTET Educational Qualifications For Aspirants:
- Candidates must have completed their class 10th examination.
- Candidates must have cleared their class 12th exam along with class 10th.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate is required in Graduation as well as teacher training programs.
CTET Educational Qualification For Primary Teachers:
- In order to be qualified for being a Primary stage teacher from classes I-V applicants must meet any one criteria given below to fulfill their CTET Eligibility:
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 board examinations from a recognized institute
- Minimum passing marks must be 50 percent marks
- The candidate must have passed or must be in the final year of the two-year teacher training diploma course in Elementary Education
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 board examinations from a recognized institute with at least 45 percent marks
- Candidates must have passed or must be appearing in the final year of the two-year teachers’ training diploma in Elementary Education
CTET Educational Qualifications For Elementary Stage Teachers (V – VIII)
- Candidates must have NCTE recognized diploma/degree in teacher education
- RCI recognized teacher education course is required for Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed (Special Education)
- After the appointment, the candidate with a Diploma in Special Education must attend the six-month Special Programme in Elementary Education
About CTET Reservation 2020:
CTET reservation criteria offer relaxation to candidates on the basis of their castes. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories like Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC) and Differently Abled Sections are given a relaxation of five percent in qualifying marks.
Know more about CTET Exam Details 2020
- CTET Application form
- CTET Exam Date
- CTET Selection Process 2020
- CTET Exam Pattern
- CTET Syllabus
- CTET Preparation
- CTET Subjects
- CTET Admit Card
- CTET Exam Analysis
- CTET Cut-Off 2020
- CTET Answer key
- CTET Result
- CTET Certificate
- Career option after CTET Exam
We have covered the detailed guide on CTET Eligibility 2020. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.