CTET Paper 1 Syllabus 2020 (updated) | Check Complete Paper 1 Syllabus
Central Teacher Eligibility Test Conducted by CBSE to recruit the teachers for Central Government Schools. One has to be aware of CTET Syllabus for attending the exam. Mainly Exam Consists of 2 Papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. CTET Paper 1 Syllabus and Paper 2 is decided by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Detailed Paper 1 Syllabus Explained here for the Aspirants who wish to teach for Primary Stage.
The syllabus for Main CTET comprises:
- Child Development and Pedagogy,
- Language 1 and Language 2,
- Environmental Science,
- Mathematics, Science and
- Social Studies.
CTET Exam has two papers with different difficulty levels, syllabus and exam patterns.
- CTET Paper-I is for those candidates who intend to apply for the post of a teacher from classes I to V.
- CTET Paper-II is for those candidates who intend to apply for the post of a teacher from classes VI to VIII.
- CTET Syllabus 2020 Paper I is determined on the topics taught for classes 1 – 5,while Paper II syllabus comprises the Elementary stage. You can also download the CTET paper 1 syllabus 2020 in Hindi pdf from Kopykitab.
- For those candidates who wish to apply for the post of a teacher for classes I to VIII, they have to sit for both papers.
- Minimum marks required by the candidates is 60% to be qualified for the Eligibility Certificate by the board.
CTET Syllabus for Paper 1
CTET Paper 1 is conducted for those candidates who are intending to become teachers of primary classes. CBSE determines the syllabus for Paper 1 every year.
Type and Nature of Questions
- Child Development and Pedagogy is based on educational psychology of teaching. It also includes learning relevant to the students between the age of 6-11 years. Main focus is given on understanding the characteristics and requirements of the attributes and qualities of a good provider of learning, diverse learners, and interaction with learners.
- Language I is based on those proficiencies which are related to the language or medium of instruction.
- Language II is based on – elements of language, communication and comprehension. Second language has to be a different language than that of the first language or Language-I paper. A candidate is free to choose any one language as Language I and the other one as Language II from the list of options given under the language section.
List of Languages with their codes are given as follows:
- English- 01
- Gujarati- 06
- Marathi- 11
- Sanskrit- 16
- Hindi- 02
- Kannada- 07
- Mizo- 12
- Tamil- 17
- Assamese- 03
- Khasi- 08
- Nepali- 13
- Telugu- 18
- Bengali- 04
- Malayalam- 09
- Oriya- 14
- Tibetan- 19
- Garo- 05
- Manipuri- 10
- Punjabi- 15
- Urdu- 20
In Paper-I, Mathematics and Environmental Studies questions are based on the concepts, problem-solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of these subjects. Questions are asked from all the sections as given in these subjects for classes I – V by the NCERT.
A Few Preparation Tips By Kopykitab for CTET Paper 1
- NCERT books for classes between 1 to 5 are very important for reference. Candidates must go through these books to get a tight hold on the syllabus.
- NCERT ‘Note for Teachers’ section which is given at the beginning of each textbook is helpful in understanding the child pedagogy section for Paper I.
- Practice solving questions related to comprehension and prose as these sections are important.
- Mock papers available on our website offer a good revision for many aspirants. Solve these papers as much as you can.
- Solve problems from Mathematics on a regular basis. It will improve your speed and accuracy. Difficulty level may vary from Class-V to X Maths.
Check out CTET Paper 2 Syllabus here.
- CTET Eligibility
- CTET Exam Date
- CTET Selection Process 2020
- CTET Application form
- CTET Exam Pattern
- CTET Preparation
- CTET Subjects
- CTET Admit Card
- CTET Exam Analysis
- CTET Cut-Off 2020
- CTET Answer key
- CTET Result
- CTET Certificate
- Career option after CTET Exam
Get Prepared for CTET Paper 1 Exam with all Kinds of Study Materials to Boost your Marks and Clear the Exam with Ease