UGC NET syllabus 2021 mainly includes two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Although the syllabus for UGC NET Exam has been revised still there are no major changes to be expected in the UGC NET syllabus.
UGC NET exam papers determine the candidate’s in-depth knowledge of the candidate along with their expertise on the given subject. NTA UGC NET is conducted for various posts of assistant professors and junior research fellow. And a total of 81 subjects are included in the UGC NET syllabus. Read the below article for the complete UGC NET syllabus for Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Updated UGC NET Syllabus 2021
This year, UGC NET will be conducted from May 02, 2021. The mode of UGC NET will be online which is again easier for the aspirants. In order to prepare better and give a proper idea of the syllabus and paper pattern, NTA has also released Mock Tests for the examination on its official website.
NTA has revised the UGC NET Syllabus of Paper 1 and all 81 NET subjects for Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2021 pdf
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2021 pdf is common and compulsory for every candidate. Paper 1 will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. Paper 1 syllabus has 10 units and exactly 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Here you can check the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2021 pdf for English Medium.
Unit-I Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution.
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher-centered vs. Learner-centered methods; Offline vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern, and ICT based.
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
You can check the list of UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes
Unit-II Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post- positivistic approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative, and Quantitative methods.
- Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
You can check the list of UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes
- A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered.
You can check the list of UGC NET Comprehension Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET Comprehension Notes
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society.
You can check the list of UGC NET Communication Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET Communication Notes
Unit-V Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.).
You can check the list of UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude Notes from the below links.
Unit-VI Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple use for establishing validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension).
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference).
You can check the list of UGC NET Logical Reasoning Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET Logical Reasoning Notes
Unit-VII Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart, and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
- Data and Governance.
You can check the list of UGC NET Data Interpretation Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET Data Interpretation Notes
Unit-VIII Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio, and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance.
You can check the list of UGC NET Information and Communication Technology Notes from the below links.
Unit-IX People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions.
- Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear, and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
You can check the list of UGC NET People And Environment Notes from the below links.
- Download UGC NET People And Environment Notes
Unit-X Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India.
- Professional, Technical and Skill-Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration.
You can check the list of UGC NET Higher Education System Notes from the below links.
UGC NET Syllabus For Paper 2 2021
There are 81 subjects for attending the Paper 2 UGC NET 2021 Exam. One who clears Paper 1 will be attending Paper 2 by Choosing one of the Subjects among 81 according to the basis of his/her post Graduation.
UGC NET Syllabus In Hindi & English For Paper 2
Here is the detailed UGC NET Syllabus In Hindi & English For Paper 2
|Code||Subject||UGC NET Syllabus For Paper 2 in English||UGC NET Syllabus For Paper 2 in Hindi|
Rural Economics /Co-operation /
Demography / Development Planning/
Development Studies /
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies||Download||Download|
(including Business Admn. Mgt./
Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./
Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./
Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./
|39||French (French Version)||Download||Download|
Non Formal Education.
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Download||Download|
Labour and Social Welfare/
Human Resource Management
|59||Library and Information Science||Download||Download|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||Download||Download|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Download||Download|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Download||Download|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre||Download||Download|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Download||Download|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/
Applied Art/History of Art)
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Download||Download|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Download||Download|
|90||Politics including International Relations/
International Studies including Defence/
Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies,
South East Asian Studies,
African Studies, South Asian Studies,
Soviet Studies, American Studies.
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Download||Download|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management.||–||–|
Other Important Study Materials For UGC NET Exam
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other study materials related to the UGC NET exam.
Must-Know: UGC NET Exam Pattern For Paper 1 & Paper 2
UGC NET Exam conducted by NTA consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2 which are conducted successively. Although the total time given for the papers is 3 hours, candidates are free to finish the paper according to their own timelines.
We have covered the complete guide on UGC NET Syllabus 2021. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.
FAQs- UGC NET Syllabus 2021
What is the syllabus of UGC NET?
The syllabus for the UGC NET exam includes all the topics that candidates need to prepare for paper-I and -II.
Who prescribes the UGC NET syllabus?
The University Grants Commission (UGC) prescribes an NTA NET syllabus for all papers and subjects.
Where can I check the UGC NET 2021 syllabus?
You can check the UGC NET syllabus 2021 from the above article.
For how many subjects is the UGC NET exam conducted?
The UGC NET exam is held for a total of 81 subjects.
What is the weightage of paper-I and -II?
UGC NET paper-I is of 100 marks and paper-II is of 200 marks.
Is the UGC NET syllabus for paper-I and -II the same?
No, the syllabus for both papers is different. The paper-I of the UGC NET exam contains questions from subjects such as Teaching Aptitude, and so on. On the other hand, Paper-II contains questions on the subject chosen by the candidate.
What is the mode of Exam for UGC NET?
UGC NET Exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test)