UGC NET Commerce Exam 2020 | Syllabus, Study Material, Papers
You have completed your post-graduation in Commerce and you are aiming for something big? Are you thinking about a career in lecturing?
Yes. Then you have come to the right place because in this blog we are going to focus on the upcoming exam which is UGC NET Commerce Exam and we are going to highlight all the important aspects of the exam.
- You can check all UGC NET Subjects
UGC NET exam is usually conducted by the National Testing Agency or NTA and there are two parts of this particular exam. The first part provides opportunities for talented students who are planning to build their career paths as Researchers and the other part focuses on recruiting talented students for the post of Assistant Professors.
After selection, a successful candidate can easily apply in the reputed colleges or universities for the post of professor.
The parts that we will cover in this blog are all connected to the upcoming exam UGC Commerce 2020 like syllabus, materials, books, UGC NET Commerce previous question papers with answers pdf, mock test, and course. All your doubts will be cleared if go through all the sections carefully.
UGC Syllabus for Commerce NET 2019-2020
You will not be able to distinguish an old syllabus from a new one because the new syllabus is similar to the UGC NET Syllabus 2019 for Commerce. Before you decide the things that you will be studying for your upcoming exam you must go through the commerce syllabus. Don’t miss out on anything. Here is the syllabus-
- Unit 1: Business Environment and International Business
- Unit 2: Accounting and Auditing
- Unit 3: Business Economics
- Unit 4: Business Finance
- Unit 5: Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Unit 6: Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Unit 7: Banking and Financial Institutions
- Unit 8: Marketing Management
- Unit 9: Legal Aspects of Business
- Unit 10: Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
Unit 1: Business Environment and International Business
- Concepts and elements of business environment: Economic environment- Economic systems, Economic policies(Monetary and fiscal policies); Political environment- Role of government in business; Legal environment- Consumer Protection Act, FEMA; Socio-cultural factors and their influence on business; Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Scope and importance of international business; Globalization and its drivers; Modes of entry into international business
- Theories of international trade; Government intervention in international trade; Tariff and non-tariff barriers; India’s foreign trade policy
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) and Foreign portfolio investment (FPI); Types of FDI, Costs, and benefits of FDI to home and host countries; Trends in FDI; India’s FDI policy
- Balance of payments (BOP): Importance and components of the BOP
- Regional Economic Integration: Levels of Regional Economic Integration; Trade creation and diversion effects; Regional Trade Agreements: European Union (EU), ASEAN, SAARC, NAFTA
- International Economic Institutions: IMF, World Bank, UNCTAD
- World Trade Organisation (WTO): Functions and objectives of WTO; Agriculture Agreement; GATS; TRIPS; TRIMS
Unit 2: Accounting and Auditing
- Basic accounting principles; concepts and postulates
- Partnership Accounts: Admission, Retirement, Death, Dissolution, and Insolvency of partnership firms
- Corporate Accounting: Issue, forfeiture, and reissue of shares; Liquidation of companies; Acquisition, merger, amalgamation, and reconstruction of companies
- Holding company accounts
- Cost and Management Accounting: Marginal costing and Break-even analysis; Standard costing; Budgetary control; Process costing; Activity Based Costing (ABC); Costing for decision-making; Life cycle costing, Target costing, Kaizen costing and JIT
- Financial Statements Analysis: Ratio analysis; Funds flow Analysis; Cash flow analysis
- Human Resources Accounting; Inflation Accounting; Environmental Accounting
- Indian Accounting Standards and IFRS
- Auditing: Independent financial audit; Vouching; Verification ad valuation of assets and liabilities; Audit of financial statements and audit report; Cost audit
- Recent Trends in Auditing: Management audit; Energy audit; Environment audit; Systems audit; Safety audit
Unit 3: Business Economics
- Meaning and scope of business economics
- Objectives of business firms
- Demand analysis: Law of demand; Elasticity of demand and its measurement; Relationship between AR and MR
- Consumer behavior: Utility analysis; Indifference curve analysis
- Law of Variable Proportions: Law of Returns to Scale
- Theory of cost: Short-run and long-run cost curves
- Price determination under different market forms: Perfect competition; Monopolistic competition; Oligopoly- Price leadership model; Monopoly; Price discrimination
- Pricing strategies: Price skimming; Price penetration; Peak-load pricing
Unit 4: Business Finance
- Scope and sources of finance; Lease financing
- Cost of capital and time value of money
- Capital structure
- Capital budgeting decisions: Conventional and scientific techniques of capital budgeting analysis
- Working capital management; Dividend decision: Theories and policies
- Risk and return analysis; Asset securitization
- International monetary system
- Foreign exchange market; Exchange rate risk and hedging techniques
- International financial markets and instruments: Euro currency; GDRs; ADRs
- International arbitrage; Multinational capital budgeting
Unit 5: Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Measures of central tendency
- Measures of dispersion
- Measures of skewness
- Correlation and regression of two variables
- Probability: Approaches to probability; Bayes’ theorem
- Probability distributions: Binomial, Poisson and normal distributions
- Research: Concept and types; Research designs
- Data: Collection and classification of data
- Sampling and estimation: Concepts; Methods of sampling – probability and non-probability methods; Sampling distribution; Central limit theorem; Standard error; Statistical estimation
- Hypothesis testing: z-test; t-test; ANOVA; Chi-square test; Mann-Whitney test (U-test); Kruskal-Wallis test (H-test); Rank correlation test
- Report writing
Unit 6: Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Principles and functions of management
- Organization structure: Formal and informal organizations; Span of control
- Responsibility and authority: Delegation of authority and decentralization
- Motivation and leadership: Concept and theories
- Corporate governance and business ethics
- Human resource management: Concept, role, and functions of HRM; Human resource planning; recruitment and selection; Training and development; Succession planning
- Compensation management: Job evaluation; Incentives and fringe benefits
- Performance appraisal including 360-degree performance appraisal
- Collective bargaining and workers’ participation in management
- Personality: Perception; Attitudes; Emotions; Group dynamics; Power and politics; Conflict and negotiation; Stress management
- Organizational Culture: Organizational development and organizational change
Unit 7: Banking and Financial Institutions
- Overview of the Indian financial system
- Types of banks: Commercial banks; Regional Rural Banks (RRBs); Foreign banks; Cooperative banks
- Reserve Bank of India: Functions; Role and monetary policy management
- Banking sector reforms in India: Basel norms; Risk management; NPA management
- Financial markets: Money market; Capital market; Government securities market
- Financial Institutions: Development Finance Institutions (DFIs); Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs); Mutual Funds; Pension Funds
- Financial Regulators in India
- Financial sector reforms including financial inclusion
- Digitization of banking and other financial services: Internet banking; mobile banking; Digital payments systems
- Insurance: Types of insurance- Life and Non-life insurance; Risk classification and management; Factors limiting the insurability of risk; Re-insurance; Regulatory framework of insurance- IRDA and its role
Unit 8: Marketing Management
- Marketing: Concept and approaches; Marketing channels; Marketing mix; Strategic marketing planning; Market segmentation, targeting, and positioning
- Product decisions: Concept; Product line; Product mix decisions; Product life cycle; New product development
- Pricing decisions: Factors affecting price determination; Pricing policies and strategies
- Promotion decisions: Role of promotion in marketing; Promotion methods – Advertising; Personal selling; Publicity; Sales promotion tools and techniques; Promotion mix
- Distribution decisions: Channels of distribution; Channel management
- Consumer Behaviour; Consumer buying process; factors influencing consumer buying decisions
- Service marketing
- Trends in marketing: Social marketing; Online marketing; Green marketing; Direct marketing; Rural marketing; CRM
- Logistics management
Unit 9: Legal Aspects of Business
- Indian Contract Act, 1872: Elements of a valid contract; Capacity of parties; Free consent; Discharge of a contract; Breach of contract and remedies against breach; Quasi-contracts;
- Special contracts: Contracts of indemnity and guarantee; contracts of bailment and pledge; Contracts of agency
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Sale and agreement to sell; Doctrine of Caveat Emptor; Rights of unpaid seller and rights of the buyer
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881: Types of negotiable instruments; Negotiation and assignment; Dishonour and discharge of negotiable instruments
- The Companies Act, 2013: Nature and kinds of companies; Company formation; Management, meetings and winding up of a joint-stock company
- Limited Liability Partnership: Structure and procedure of formation of LLP in India
- The Competition Act, 2002: Objectives and main provisions
- The Information Technology Act, 2000: Objectives and main provisions; Cybercrimes and penalties
- The RTI Act, 2005: Objectives and main provisions
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs): Patents, trademarks, and copyrights; Emerging issues in intellectual property
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): Objectives and main provisions; Benefits of GST; Implementation mechanism; Working of dual GST
Unit 10: Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
- Income-tax: Basic concepts; Residential status and tax incidence; Exempted incomes; Agricultural income; Computation of taxable income under various heads; Deductions from Gross total income; Assessment of Individuals; Clubbing of incomes
- International Taxation: Double taxation and its avoidance mechanism; Transfer pricing
- Corporate Tax Planning: Concepts and significance of corporate tax planning; Tax avoidance versus tax evasion; Techniques of corporate tax planning; Tax considerations in specific business situations: Make or buy decisions; Own or lease an asset; Retain; Renewal or replacement of asset; Shut down or continue operations
- Deduction and collection of tax at source; Advance payment of tax; E-filing of income tax returns
UGC NET Study Material PDF Commerce Exam 2020
On the Internet, you will come across different study materials for UGC Commerce. Some study materials will be in the form of pdfs and you must download the right UGC NET Commerce Study Material PDF file.
Don’t think about the file size because it will not use more than 9 Mb space. Will the study material pdf file that I am about to download cover the whole syllabus? Is this file enough?
When you download your file you can always ask these simple questions. When you are ready with the right questions then no one can stop you from being successful.
You can download the various UGC NET study materials from below.
UGC Commerce Previous Year Question Paper
Besides looking for the best study material for UGC NET Commerce 2020 Exam please take some time out for the previous year question paper.
There are different kinds of things that fall under UGC NET Syllabus 2019 and hence a student must not forget to check the last year’s question paper.
You will have an idea of the probable questions for the upcoming exam while analyzing the pattern of the appeared questions.
- You can check the previous year commerce paper here- Previous Year Papers
You are already familiar with the kind of questions that appear in Commerce UGC NET and now think about the possible answers.
Write it down in your notebook and see if it’s correct. This is believed to be one of the best ways to prepare for your UGC Commerce exam. We have attached a pdf file for your convenience and it has the probable answers.
Best Books For UGC NET Commerce 2020
When you are visiting a bookstore or buying a book online try to ask all relevant questions. Is this book considered to be one of the best books for UGC NET Commerce 2019?
How many experts have recommended this book? Is it written in a language that is easier to understand? How much clarity it has?
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books because there are some useful tips that will be helpful for your next Commerce UGC NET Exam.
Prepare yourself by giving attention to UGC NET Commerce Course
UGC Commerce 2020 Exam is not far away and you must give attention to the tiny details in relation to the UGC Course Commerce.
Focusing on the UGC Course Commerce is a must and don’t get lost among all the distractions. You just have to be careful while making a move.
UGC NET Commerce Mock test
You still have some time to prepare for your NET Commerce UGC Exam 2020 and the best way to utilize your time is by appearing for Commerce NET UGC mock tests.
Through mock tests, a student can work on his weak areas. He or she can easily convert his weakness into his strength and that is the reason why it is necessary to sit for mock tests.
UGC Commerce NET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Eligibility is something that you cannot ignore while you prepare yourself for net UGC Commerce 2020. Some candidates are eliminated at first because of the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria.
To be eligible for your upcoming exam a candidate must fulfill all the basic requirements. You must be curious about the determining factors and that’s quite normal. Let’s take a look
Educational Qualification for Commerce NET Exam 2020
- A student has to complete his or her Post-Graduation in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Services, Accountancy or another equivalent subject.
- The candidates belonging to General Category have to secure 55% in commerce or equivalent subject and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders the percentage criteria are 50%.
Age Limit Commerce NET Exam 2020
- For JRF – 30 Years for General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship – No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2020 Commerce
Other Important Subjects for UGC NET Exam
You should have enough study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other Subjects related to the UGC NET exam.