UGC NET Result 2020: The University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NTA) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to determine the eligibility of post-graduate candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The UGC NET Exam date to start the exam is 15th June 2020 and completion date is 20th June 2020. The UGC NET Result is scheduled to be released on 5th July 2020.
So, here in this blog, we have provided complete information regarding the UGC NET Scorecard and how to check the results. Go through the description and know more.
UGC NET Result 2020
The results will be released on the official website of UGC. Candidates who have appeared for the exam can check their results here. Below is the link for candidates to know their scores.
National Testing Agency, NTA has released the official UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates as given below.
June 2020 Session
Release of UGC NET June 2020 Official Notification
16th March 2020
UGC NET 2020 Registration to begin on
16th March 2020
Last day to submit UGC NET 2020 Application Form
April 16, 2020
Issue of UGC NET 2020 Admit Cards
May 15, 2020
UGC NET 2020 Exam Dates
15th June 2020 – 20th June 2020
Declaration of UGC NET Result
July 5, 2020
Click on the link to check and download the scorecard.
How to Check UGC NET Result 2020?
You can easily check the exam result from the UGC NET official website.
Here you can see the step by step process to check UGC NET 2020 Exam Result.
You are suggested to follow the simple steps listed below
- Step 1: Visit the official website of UGC NET i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- Step 2: On the website, click on ‘UGC NET Result ’ link.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number/ Roll Number, Date Of Birth and Security Pin.
- Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen in the form of a scorecard.
- Step 5: Candidates must download and print the UGC NET Scorecard 2019 for future use.
Details Mentioned on the UGC NET Scorecard
The result of UGC NET 2020 contains paper-wise marks, overall marks, and percentage obtained by the candidate in the National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Assistant Professors.
Based on the score in the Result, candidates can know their qualifying status for JRF and Assistant Professor.
The following information will be displayed on the scorecard
- Candidate’s Name
- Hall Ticket Number
- Rank scored by the candidate
- Name of the course for which the candidate appeared
- Marks secured in each paper
- Total marks
- Percentage & Percentile
UGC NET 2019 Result Calculation
Candidates might be thinking how is the result calculated? Well, in UGC NET Exam, around 6% of the candidates will qualify the exam.
- Total slots will be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India.
- In order to be considered for ‘both JRF and Assistant Professorship’ or ‘Assistant Professorship only’ posts, the candidates must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% (General) or 35% (Reserved categories) in the exam.
How to Check UGC NET Result if Forgot Application Number?
In case, candidates forget their application number, required to login to the registered account to check UGC NET result, they can re-generate it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the exam.
- Step 2: Click on the link available for UGC NET December 2020 result.
- Step 2: Click on the “Forgot Application No.?” link.
- Step 3: Enter the below-mentioned details:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Security pin as visible on the screen
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Get Application Number’ button.
- The application number will be re-generated, which candidates can use to login to their accounts and check the UGC NET result.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Shortlisting of candidates
- Assistant Professor: The NTA officials will shortlist the top 6% names in the merit list to appoint them as Assistant Professor.
- Junior Fellowship: Once the Assistant Professor Merit List is released, a separate cut off will be released for Junior Fellowship.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Exam
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other study materials related to the UGC NET exam.
- UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
- UGC NET Syllabus
- UGC NET Subjects
- UGC NET Books
- UGC NET Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Date Sheet
- UGC NET Admit Card
- UGC NET Exam Centre
- UGC NET Exam Analysis
- UGC NET Answer Key
- UGC NET Cut Off
- UGC NET Certificate
- UGC NET Career Scopes
Thus, candidates can go through the description given here and stay tuned for more information here. We will keep you posted when the results are released. Check out our latest collection of UGC NET Books available online.
FAQs on UGC NET 2020 Result
UGC NET 2020 result will be declared by NTA on July 5.
You can check the result online on the official website of the exam by logging into your registered account.
You need to enter the application number and password/date of birth as the login details to check your result.
UGC NET eligibility certificate for Assistant Professor is valid for a lifetime. However, the JRF award letter is valid for three years.
In UGC NET December 2019 exam, a total of 60,147 candidates qualified the test for the eligibility of Assistant Professor. Also, a total of 5,092 candidates qualified the exam for JRF and eligibility of Assistant Professor.