Women’s Studies, a division of subjects that is available in UGC NET is one of the most sought-after subjects preferred by a lot of students and activists who work for supporting women in many ways.
A common doubt that arises in many of the student’s minds is regarding who can appear for the UGC NET Women’s Studies Exam. What should you learn to appear for women’s studies?
In this blog, we will give you a clear idea about who is eligible to look for UGC NET Women’s Studies, syllabus of women’s studies, study materials, sample question papers, etc.
- You can check all UGC NET Subjects
Also, we will give you an idea about what books to refer to prepare for the UGC NET Women’s Studies. Moreover, mock tests are also available for students to practice before their examination to increase their confidence and to get an idea about how the questions in the exam will be framed.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Syllabus (Latest) 2020
In 2019, the syllabus of UGC NET Women’s Studies has been updated and the new syllabus will be followed in the upcoming years. Earlier the UGC NET Women’s Studies Exam has papers 1, 2 and 3but now it has been reduced to paper 1 and paper 2.
- Check New UGC NET Syllabus for all subjects
After going through this section of the blog, you will get a clear idea about the UGC NET Women’s Studies Syllabus. We are going to list the syllabus according to chapters so that all the students planning to prepare for the test can learn according to the exact modules.
Unit – I Introduction to Women’s Studies
- Key concepts in Gender studies.
- Need, Scope and Challenges of Women’s Studies – Women’s Studies as an academic discipline. Women’s Studies to Gender Studies, Need for Gender Sensitization.
- Women’s Movements – global and local: Pre-independence, Post-independence and Contemporary Debates.
- National Committees and Commissions for Women.
Unit – II Feminist thinkers and theories
- Liberal Feminism, Marxist Feminism, Radical Feminism, Socialist Feminism, Indian Feminism, Black Feminism, Eco-Feminism.
- New Feminist Debates- Post Colonial /Post Modern, LGBT, Masculinity Studies.
- Contemporary Contestations – Intersex and Transgender Movements.
- Feminist thinkers in 18th, 19th, 20h and 21st Century
Unit – III Gender and Education
- Women’s Education – Gender diversities and disparities in enrolment, Curriculum content, Dropouts, profession, and Gender.
- Gendered Education- Family, Culture, Gender roles, Gender Identities.
- Education for the Marginalized Women.
- Recent Trends in Women’s Education – Committees and Commissions on Education.
- Vocational education and skill development for women.
Unit – IV Women, Work and Employment
- Theoretical Perspective
- Concept of Work – Productive and non – productive work – Use value and market value.
- Gender Division of Labour – Mode of Production – Women in the organized and unorganized sectors.
- New Economic Policy and its influence on Women’s Employment – Globalization and Structural Adjustment Programs.
Unit – V Gender and Entrepreneurship
- Concept and meaning, Importance of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial traits, Factors contributing to Entrepreneurship, enabling environment, small Enterprises, women in agri-business
- Gender and emerging Technology – Impact.
- Self-help Groups and Micro Credit.
- Gender mainstreaming, Gender budgeting, planning, and Analysis
Unit – VI Women and Health
- Life Cycle Approach to Women’s Health – The health status of women in India, factors influencing health and Nutritional status.
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH) to Reproductive and Child health approaches.
- Issues of declining Child Sex Ratio, Widowhood and old age.
- Occupational and mental health.
- Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation.
- National Health and Population Policies and Programs.
Unit – VII Women Empowerment and Development
- Theories of Development, Alternative approaches – Women in Development (WID), Women and Development (WAD) and Gender and Development (GAD).
- Empowerment- Concept, and indices: Gender Development Index (GDI), Gender Inequality Index (GII), Global Gender Gap Index (GGGI).
- Women Development approaches in Indian Five – Year Plans.
- Women and leadership– Panchayati Raj and Role of NGOs and Women Development.
- Sustainable Development Goals, Policies, and Programs
Unit – VIII Women Law and Governance
- Rights: Gender Equality, Gender Discrimination, Women’s Rights as Human Rights.
- Constitutional provisions for Women in India.
- Personal laws, Labour Laws, Family Courts, Enforcement machinery – Police and Judiciary.\
- Crime against Women and Child: Child Abuse, Violence, Human Trafficking, Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 – Legal protection
- International Conventions and Legislations Related to Women’s Rights.
Unit – IX Gender and Media
- Discourse on Women and Media Studies- Mainstream Media, Feminist Media.
- Coverage of Women’s issues and issues of women in Mass Media and Media Organizations (Audio-Visual and Print media).
- Digital Media and legal protection.
- Alternative Media – Folk Art, Street Play and Theatre.
- Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986, Impact of media on women.
Unit – X Feminist Research Methodology
- Understanding Feminist Research – Concepts, Debates, and Limitations.
- Feminist Epistemology, Feminist Standpoint, Sexist and Non-Sexist Research Methodology, Ethnography, Queer Theories.
- Research Design and Methods – Survey, Exploratory, Diagnostic, Experimental, Action Research, and Case Studies.
- Qualitative versus Quantitative Research.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Study Material 2019-2020
Study material plays a very important role in preparing or any examination or tests. If you are having access to the best study materials, then it becomes easy for the students to effectively prepare for the test.
Here, you can find the UGC NET Women’s Studies Study Material 2019-2020 that can be used by the students preparing for the Exam UGC NET Women’s Studies.
You can download the various UGC NET study materials from below.
The study material will cover all the major topics required for a student to prepare for the test. The study materials of UGC NET Women’s Studies will guide you in the right path, making to easy for your do your revisions.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Previous Year Question Paper
Apart from having enough books and other study materials, it is important to use sample question papers of previous years.
If you start solving these Previous Year Papers, you will be able to get an idea about how the question is mounted. You will also have a clear idea of the marking system and the mode of examination.
Likewise, an idea about how much time you should take to complete each question will be clear. Try and solve the maximum numbers of sample question papers to enhance your knowledge and self-assurance.
NTA UGC NET Women’s Studies Solved Paper 2019
It is good to have solved question papers for you to cross-check your answers when you solve question papers. This section will give you access to UGC NET Women’s Studies Solved Paper 2019 in which you will be able to find the answers for each and every question.
This option of UGC NET Women’s Studies Question Papers will be a great advantage for the students preparing for UGC NET Women’s Studies as they can easily find the answers for the questions in the sample question papers.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Books for Reference
Students who are looking for the top UGC NET Books for Women’s Studies, then there are a few points that you should look for. There are many books available in the book stores these days.
When you visit a book store, ask for UGC NET Women’s Books and cross-check if all the modules are mentioned in the book. You could always check the content first in which all the topics covered in that book will be stated.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Coaching 2020 June
It might be difficult to score well in the NTA UGC NET by Studying Only with the study materials.
Good coaching necessary to understand all the tactics in preparing for the exam and at the same time you will be guided by an experienced teacher.
You will be able to learn the topics easily when a qualified person teaches you. But, before taking up a coaching class, try and talk to experts to know the pros and cons of coaching classes.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Course Guideline
It is mandatory to stick on to the course guideline when you prepare for the test. Try an apply all the course guidelines you have learned in the UGC NET Women’s Studies. It will make you answer the question with perfection, providing better results. Never neglect the course guideline for your exam homework.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Mock test
Another important mode to prepare yourself for the UGC NET Women’s Studies to do a maximum number of mock tests.
When you try for a UGC NET Mock test, you will be able to gauge where you stand. You will also know if you want to learn or revise more to do better.
Check for mock tests available and make use of it to increase your knowledge and time management.
UGC NET Women’s Studies Eligibility Criteria June 2020 Exam
The eligibility criteria to appear for the UGC NET is based on various factors. Below, I will be mentioning each criterion that is required for the students.
- Masters Degree in the related filed with 55 percent mark for General Class Students and 50 percent mark for OBC/SC/ST/PWD/Transgenders.
- Final year students are eligible to apply, provided they should pass the Master Degree with the required score and they should be graduated within two years from the date of NTA UGC NET Result
- There is no age limit to apply for Assistant Professor.
- The age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is 30 years.
Other Important Subjects for UGC NET Exam
You should have enough study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other Subjects related to the UGC NET exam.