UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes 2021: Are you preparing for UGC NET Paper 1? Do you have the latest Research Aptitude UGC NET Notes PDF?
Don’t worry! Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes. You can check easily check the UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes and also able to download the PDF.
UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes 2021
UGC NET Exam, the exam which tests the eligibility of Indian Nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
Research Aptitude for UGC NET is an essential part of the 2021 NTA NET Exam. With proper preparation and UGC NET Paper 1 notes, you can easily attempt all the questions of Research Aptitude in UGC NET exam Paper-I correctly.
Go through the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2021 for Environmental Science.
UGC NET Research Aptitude Topics
UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes 2020 covers the topics as given below:
- Research: Meaning, characteristics, and types.
- Steps of Research
- Research Ethics
- Methods of Research
- Paper, articles, workshops, seminar, conference, and symposium
- Thesis writing: Its characteristics and format
About Research Aptitude:
- More typical, lengthy, and technical
- Questions are based on learning concepts as well as their application
- Needs proper practice.
- Weightage- 10 -15 percent i.e. 5 -7 questions carrying two marks each
What is Research? | UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes
Research means to search the existing thing ‘something’ but remains unknown to us. So, Research means to find out something new on the topic that already existed.
- It is a searching process for finding new information about the things we already know.
- It is a scientific examination for searching for important information on a specific topic.
- It can also be referred to as a ‘voyage of discovery’.
So, you can summarize the meaning of research as:
- An attitude of inquiry/search/investigation,
- A scientific and objective effort made to uncover facts,
- Hence, requires the application of scientific methods.
Some Important Definitions of UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes
Here you can check some important definition of research according to some well-known scholars:
- Young PV defines it as,
“Research may be defined as the systematic method of discovering new facts or verifying old facts, their sequences, interrelationships, causal explanations and the natural laws which govern them.”
- Kerlinger defines it as,
“Research is a systematic, controlled, empirical and critical investigation of hypothetical propositions about the presumed relations among natural phenomenon.”
- John W. Best defines it as,
“Research is the systematic and objective analysis and recording of controlled observations that may leave to development of generalizations, principles or theories result in prediction and possibly ultimate control of events.”
Characteristics of Research | UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes
Some of the characteristics of research are as given below:
- It is a scientific examination.
- Scientific means it requires the use of scientific methods and procedures. That is, methods and procedures which have been tried and tested; and can produce similar or somewhat similar results on each application.
- The results or information that we get through scientific methods can be used to develop concepts and theories of their own.
Other Important UGC NET Paper 1 Notes
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other important notes related to the UGC NET Paper 1 exam.
Types of Research
Here you will find the various types of researches as given below
- Also known as basic or pure research.
- This kind of research helps to generate new information in a fundamental fashion.
- This is generally based on the principle of generalization. Sometimes, it can experiment in a laboratory also.
- Fundamental research can take shape in two ways- either in the form of a new theory or the development of some existing theory.
- You should know that the theories developed by fundamental research are further applied to actual operational fields or populations.
- Applied research is useful because it provides convincing evidence of the usefulness of basic research or theory.
- It aims at the collection of data for verifying existing theories and models and helps to find a solution for real-life problems or situations.
- It is action-oriented research that is undertaken to find an immediate solution to a problem. Sometimes, the researcher himself or herself can take action and sometimes an authority takes the necessary steps or action.
- It is the description of the state of affairs as they are, in their own right. This means the researcher has no control over the variables. He or she should describe it as it is.
- Some of the methods used for descriptive research are field surveys, case studies, and interviews.
- Here a researcher has to do analysis using logic and reasoning on previously existing data.
- This is usually an in-depth study. This works under a constrained set of variables.
- This requires the use of critical thinking and evaluation.
- Quantitative research is concerned with numbers. It is carried out to study a phenomenon that can be expressed in numbers.
- Quantitative is usually deductive in nature and begins with a given theory.
- Statistical concepts and software (such as STATA, R) are used to carry out this kind of research.
- Qualitative research is done to study the phenomenon that can be explained beyond numbers, that is, in a qualitative manner.
- Qualitative is usually inductive in nature and begins with a social reality followed by the construction of the theory around it.
- Conceptual research is usually undertaken by philosophers or thinkers to reinterpret an existing idea. Although, some researchers use a conceptual framework to study business or market phenomena also.
- This kind of research doesn’t involve conducting experiments. It is abstract in nature.
We have covered the detailed guide on UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes 2020-21. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.
FAQ- UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes
What is the weightage of UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes?
Research Aptitude weightage- 10 -15 percent i.e. 5 -7 questions carrying two marks each for UGC NET.
What kind of question is there on Research Aptitude notes for UGC NET?
UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes consists of questions based on learning concepts as well as their application.
What are the topics in Research Aptitude?
Read the above blog for the complete topics in Research Aptitude.
What is Research Aptitude?
Research Aptitude is an attitude of inquiry/search/investigation, a scientific and objective effort made to uncover facts, Hence, requires the application of scientific methods.
How can I get a research aptitude notes book?
Go through the above blog to get a research aptitude notes book.
What are the books for Teaching & Research Aptitude for UGC NET?
Here are the books for Teaching & Research Aptitude for UGC NET:
1) UGC-NET/JRF/SET Teaching & Research Aptitude (General Paper-I)
2) NTA UGC (NET/SET/JRF ) 2020 : Paper I – Teaching & Research Aptitude
How can I get a research aptitude solved paper?
Candidate can get research aptitude solved paper NTA UGC-Net/JRF Solved Papers Teaching & Research Aptitude Paper-I.
Can I get a research aptitude notes in PDF format?
Yes, You can download research aptitude notes in PDF format from the link mentioned in the above article.