UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes: Teaching Aptitude is one of the important topics for the Paper 1 Teaching Aptitude Syllabus. You should have depth knowledge of the topic to score a better mark in the Paper 1 Exam. For that, read the article to have the best UGC NET Teaching Aptitude notes PDF with you,
UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes 2021 | Teaching Aptitude PDF Free Download
UGC NET Paper 1 is a high-level competitive examination. It is necessary to be well prepared for the exam. So to ease out your preparation, we are providing UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes in PDF format. Go through the blog to get a complete insight into the teaching aptitude for the UGC NET exam.
Quick Download UGC NET Paper 1 Teaching Notes | Teaching Aptitude Notes PDF Free Download
To help you know the complete information regarding UGC NET Exam Paper I, we have prepared a PDF Study Note. Below is the link for you to download this UGC NET Study Notes. Candidates who are appearing for UGC NET 2021, can click on the below link to download the PDF Teaching Notes.
From the above link, you can also get Teaching Aptitude PDF in Hindi. There are some important topics in the Teaching Aptitude UGC NET exam which the students must cover to score high in the exam. These important topics as per the different subjects are given in the table below.
UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Important Topics
Through the teaching aptitude, the skills and knowledge of the candidate in terms of teaching methods will be determined. This will examine the various knowledge domain of the student such as problem-solving skills, student management, teaching methods, etc. Some of the important topics for UGC NET teaching aptitude are:
Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements for teaching
Factors that affect teaching
Methods of teaching
Characteristics of learners
Evolution of teaching systems
Crack The Exam Easily and Chase Your Dream
What is Teaching Aptitude?
Teaching aptitude refers to a person’s natural capacity to teach. Furthermore, it can be characterised as a person’s ability to teach once they have received the requisite instruction. To become a good teacher, you must have teaching aptitude.
The Objective of Teaching
The major objective of teaching covers different types of intended learning outcomes.
- Acquisition of knowledge
- Development of Understanding
- Development of Conceptual, intellectual and subject-specific skills
- Development of values values
In general –
- To Change behaviour and conduct of student
- To improve the learning skills of students, including methodological, critical thinking, writing, creativity, hypothesis etc.
- Subject Knowledge
- To provide a social and efficient member of society
Nature and characteristic of Teaching
Teaching is a social and cultural process, which is planned in order to enable an individual to learn something in his life. We can describe the nature and characteristics of teaching in the following way:-
- Teaching is a complete social process- Teaching is undertaken for society and by society. With ever-changing social ideas, it is not possible to describe the exact and permanent nature of teaching.
- Teaching is giving information- Teaching tells students about the things they have to know and students cannot find out themselves. Communication of knowledge is an essential part of teaching.
- Teaching is an interactive process- Teaching is an interactive process between the student and the teaching sources, which is essential for the guidance, progress, and development of students.
- Teaching is a process of development and learning.
- Teaching causes a change in behaviour.
- Teaching is art as well as science.
- Teaching is face to face encounter.
- Teaching is observable, measurable and modifiable.
- Teaching is a skilled occupation:- Every successful teacher is expected to know the general methods of teaching-learning situations.
- Teaching facilitates learning
- Teaching is both a conscious and an unconscious process.
- Teaching is from memory level to reflective level.
- Teaching is a continuum of training, conditioning, instruction, and indoctrination.
Other Important UGC NET Paper 1 Notes
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other important notes related to the UGC NET Paper 1 exam.
Levels of Teaching
The Overall object of teaching is to build the overall personality of the learners and it evolves around the development of learner’s capability, thinking and change in the behavior of students.
Different level of Teaching
- Memory Level of Teaching
- Understanding the Level of Teaching
- Reflective Level of Teaching
Important Points on Memory level teaching (MLT)
- Memory level teaching emphasis on presentation of fact and information and it’s all about CRAMMING.
- Knowledge or information is gained by the learner through memorization.
- It is the initial stage of teaching and induces the habit of ROTE Learning of facts and subject matters
- It provides students the ability to retain and reproduce the learned subject.
- It covers only the knowledge-based objectives of Bloom’s Taxonomy. At this level, the student learns to identify, recall or remembers the objects, events, ideas and retain them in memory.
- The teacher plays a very dominating and authoritarian role while instructing
- The evaluation system mainly includes Oral, Written and easy type-examination as well organized and is simple in nature so that it can be acquired through rote learning.
- The role of the teacher is prominent (Primary & active) and that of the student is secondary (Secondary & Passive).
- Memory level teaching does not improve intelligence and increase student’s capability but this is required for other types of teaching levels.
The Herbartian theory of apperception supports that the young children’s mind is ready for perceiving themselves and the world around. Their mind is ready for a great mass of factual information including concepts, elements, structures, models and theories. They can acquire and retain information about a large number of things, objects, and material through memorization.
Classification of memory:
- Immediate memory: when a recall is immediate
- Permanent memory: the recalling of material for a longer time.
- Personal memory: while recalling past experiences, we remember our personal past experience.
- Impersonal memory: recalling from books, and companion.
- Active memory: make effort to recall past experiences, recalling answers in exams.
- Passive memory: recall past experience without effort.
- Mechanical memory or physical memory: body becoming habitual of doing any task repeatedly.
- Rote memory: cramming facts without understanding.
- Logical memory: to learn something by using intellect and it’s recalling when needed.
Important Points on Understanding level of teaching(ULT)
- Memory level teaching is the prerequisite for the understanding level of teaching as it talks about the generalization of principles, theory and other key important facts.
- This helps to build the thinking level of students to make use of their acquired knowledge on the basis of previously known facts and subjects.
- The teacher explains the student about the relationship between principles and facts and teaches them how these principles can be applied.
- It focusses on mastery of the subject
- It provides more and more opportunity for the students to develop skills of ‘Memory + Insight’
- The evaluation system of this level is mainly objective type questions and essays.
- Student and teacher both play an active role in the Understanding level of teaching
Morrison has divided the understanding level of teaching into 5 steps;
- Exploration: testing previous knowledge, analyzing the content.
- Presentation: content is presented, diagnosis, and recapitulation till the students understand.
- Assimilation: generalization, individual activities, working in laboratory and library, the test of content.
- Organization: pupils are provided with the occasions for representation.
- Recitation: The pupil presents the content orally.
Important Points on Reflective level of teaching(RLT)
Reflecting on something means giving careful thought to something over a period of time. It also means thinking deeply about something.
- It talks about both ‘Understanding level’ & ‘Memory Level’ teaching and its problem-centered.
- Its main objective to develop problem-solving, critical and constructive, independent, original thinking.
- At this level, the emphasis is laid on identifying the problem, defining it and finding a solution to it. The student’s original thinking and creative-abilities develop at this level.
- A student is Core ‘Active & Primary’ while the Teacher becomes ‘Secondary & passive’ in this.
- In Reflective level of teaching (RLT) Hunt is the main Proponent. It includes ULT and MLT. It is problem-centered teaching. The students are assumed to adopt some sort of research approach to solve the problem. The classroom environment is to be sufficiently ‘Open and Independent’
- Hunt developed the reflective model of teaching which goes through the various steps including creating a problematic situation. Formulate and verify the hypothesis, data analysis, and testing the hypothesis around the problem.
- An essay-type test is used to evaluate the learning process.
- The teaching at this level is not teacher-centered or subject-centered, it is leaner-centered.
How to Prepare for UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Section?
We have provided some tips that will help you to crack UGC NET with more marks. Go through the tips below and implement in your preparation.
- Firstly, it is very important for a candidate who is taking up the UGC NET Exam to go through the UGC NET Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- Being thorough with the syllabus will help you to be perfect with the UGC NET examination and also to plan for studying.
- After knowing the UGC NET Syllabus, make a study plan by allowing more time for subjects that you find are tough and less time for subjects that you feel are easy.
- Also, know your strength and weakness before making the study plan.
- As it is a Teaching exam, the main important section is UGC NET Teaching Aptitude.
- The UGC NET Teaching aptitude includes eight topics
- Objectives and Basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of Teaching
- Teaching Aids
- Evaluation systems.
- Our study notes have combined all these topics and explained them in an easier way. Apart from these notes, it is good to have UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Books that cover all the topics.
- Make sure you have the right book for preparation that will help you to get more marks.
- Apart from all these tips, it is very important to be confident and stay positive. Without which nothing can be achieved. Stay calm and reach your goals.
As there is an ample amount of time for the exam, you can plan your preparation strategy and start studying with the help of UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes 2020-21. Feel free to ask any queries in the below comment section!
FAQs- UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes
What is the teaching aptitude?
Teaching aptitude is the capacity to acquire proficiency with a given amount of training in teacher education. It refers to the capacity of an individual to be skilled in teaching by receiving formal or informal training.
Can Aptitude be taught?
Some aptitudes can be taught and developed, like knowledge, skills, or attitudes, but some aptitudes are not teachable, such as talents.
Where can I download UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes?
Download UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes from the above blog.
Why do teachers use teaching aids?
Teachers use teaching aids for making teaching with an understanding level of students.
What are the 4 methods of teaching?
There are different types of teaching methods that can be categorized into four broad types – 1)Teacher-centred methods, 2)Learner-centred methods, 3)Content-focused methods, 4)Interactive/participative methods.
Can I get UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes in PDF format?
Yes, Go through the above article to get UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes in PDF format.
How do prepare for an UGC NET teaching aptitude?
Highlight all the important definitions of the UGC NET Teaching Aptitude section so that you can easily revise during the day of the exam. Also, solve UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Previous Year papers & Mock Papers to analyze your preparation level of exam.