ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria: Are you planning to register for the post of Company Secretary? Great. Have you checked the ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria? If you have not checked it yet you don’t need to worry. You have come to the right spot because in this blog we will be discussing the essential aspects which are associated with CS Exam Eligibility criteria. Most of the students skip this part and they feel bad about their performances after seeing the results.
Read ahead to find detailed information on ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria!
ICSI CS Eligibility Criteria 2021
Checking the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) CS Eligibility for the 2021 Exam is the first step you need to consider before you concentrate on the various stages of the Company Secretary. Time is indeed precious and you cannot afford to waste time on something where you are not eligible and for this reason, referring to is ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria is necessary.
Students who are interested in the company Secretary position will have to clear all three stages as mentioned below:
- The first stage is the Foundation Stage,
- Next is Executive Programme, and
- the last stage is the CS Professional.
You need to cross all the hurdles to reach your dream destination. Read all the sections to get complete details.
ICSI CS Eligibility Criteria for Foundation Level
CS Entrance Exam: The foundation exam is the first stage which you need to cross to appear for the next stage i.e., CS Executive. According to reports, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has ended the CS Foundation program.
You can also check the notice on their website for a better understanding. It will now be called CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET). Students who are planning to appear for the first stage will have to register themselves for the Executive Programme.
Here are the important points which you need to know about ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria for Foundation Exam-
- You have to pass class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university.
- ICSI has not provided any minimum percentage of marks to be secured at the Senior Secondary level to register for an examination.
- All Class 10+2 pass students are eligible to pursue the ICSI CS Foundation program.
- Admission is open throughout the year by making an application in the prescribed Form FC-1 together with documentary evidence in support of date of birth and educational CS qualification.
- The duration of the Foundation Programme is 8 months, excluding the months of admission and the examination.
- Students are required to pass the Foundation examination within 3 years from the date of their admission.
Exemption from Appearing for CS Foundation Program
If you have met the eligibility criteria as below, then you can directly register for the Executive Programme stage of the CS Course.
- If you have a Graduation or Post-graduation degree in any discipline (excluding fine arts) are exempted from appearing for the CS Exam.
- If you have passed in the
- Foundation examination of the ICSI,
- Foundation Programme of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- CA Foundation by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Any other accountancy Institution in India or abroad recognized as equivalent to it by the Council of the Institute is also exempted.
CS Foundation 2021 Passing Marks
To be eligible for the next stage the candidates have to obtain minimum CS Passing Marks in the Foundation level as provided below.
- 40% marks in each subject.
- 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects.
Crack The Exam Easily and Chase Your Dream
Download ICSI CS Ultimate Study Materials to Boost Preparation
ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria for Executive Level
CS Executive is the next stage that you to overcome. You need to fulfill the basic requirements if you want to sit for this exam. The officials from the ICSI have already presented the ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria of CS Executive 2021 on their official website. You can also go through the requirements here-
- The candidates who have qualified for the Foundation Exam will be eligible to take admission in the Executive program. There is no percentage defined to qualify the CS Foundation program for the same.
- Now CSEET will be a mandatory qualifying test for all categories of students for registration to the Executive Programme except a few exempted categories.
- Age must not be less than 17 years on the date of application
- As per the ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria, you must have completed Class 12
- CS Eligibility after Graduation: Graduate/Post Graduate candidates who were eligible to seek registration directly to the Executive Programme will also have to qualify CSEET to become eligible for registration to the Executive Programme.
Direct admission through exemption
The condition to get direct admission in the CS Executive 2021 program are as follows:
- Must have a master degree in any discipline other than Fine Arts are eligible for the direct entry, or
- Must have qualified the final examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) are eligible for admission in an executive program, or
- Must have qualified the final level of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or any other Accountancy Institutions in India or abroad are also eligible for admission, or
- Must be a graduate of commerce stream
- Must have qualified the Foundation exam of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) or CPT, or CA foundation of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
Also check out the table below for the students in the specific categories, who are excluded from attending the CSEET and may apply to the Executive Program directly:
|CS Foundation Programme passed students||Exemption Fee: Nil|
|ICAI (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) final course passed students||Exemption Fee: Rs 5000|
|ICMAI (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India) final course
|Exemption Fee: Rs 5000|
We have also highlighted the probable cut-off for your convenience. If you take care of this you will be in a commendable position.
CS Executive 2021 Passing Criteria
You need to score a minimum of 40% in each subject and an overall score of 50% for both the old and new syllabus of CS Executive.
ICSI Eligibility For CS Exam Criteria for Professional Level
CS Professional is the final stage and if you clear this stage successfully you will be able to fulfill your dream of becoming a Company Secretary.
We have presented you with all the ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria for Professional 2021 information here and if you go through it with an attentive mind all your doubts will be cleared. Here are the requirements-
- Must have passed the CS Professional examination with at least 40% of the total marks section-wise and 50% overall.
- Must have passed CS Executive program.
- Must register at least six months prior to the month of examination to be allowed to appear in the module/s (any) of the CS professional program.
- It is important that you have undergone oral or postal tuition for the program modules before appearing in the examination.
- Applicants interested in pursuing the three-year course of CS exam are required to not exceed 26 years of age.
Also, check out an overview for ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021 for a Professional course:
|Candidate enrolled in||ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria (Eligible to appear in)|
All modules of the Professional Programmes Examination to be held in June next year.
Anyone or two modules of Professional Programme Examination to be held in June next year.
All modules of the Professional Programme Examination to be held in December.
Anyone or two modules
Get Other Highly Important Essentials for ICSI CS Exam
CS Application Form 2021
ICSI has restarted the online portal for registration for CS Exam for the session of 2021. There will be no change in the last date for submission of the application form with the late fee that is April 9, 2021. Candidates can register from the official portal of ICSI.
- Know More: CS Application Form
We have covered a detailed guide on the ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021. If you have any questions related to ICSI Exam, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
FAQ- ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria
What is the minimum age required to apply for CS Professional?
ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria: The minimum age required to apply for CS Professional Exam is 17 years or more on the application date.
What are the requirements for CS executive exemption?
Read the above article for the requirements for CS executive exemption.
How many ICSI Exam attempts are permitted?
As per the ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria, a total of 10 attempts are permitted for ICSI CS Exam.
Is it important to have prior computer skills to conduct the CS Foundation CBE?
No. In the CS Foundation CBE, applicants just have to know how to use a computer mouse.
Will June 2021 be the last attempt for Professional [Old Course] Students?
Yes. June 2021 be the last attempt for Professional [Old Course] students.
I am undertaking my final year of the graduation exam. Is it possible for me to register for the Executive Program by direct registration?
As per ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria, by uploading a scanned copy of his or her Hall Ticket, a student who is waiting for the results of his or her Bachelor’s Degree Exams in the Final Year can apply for enrollment in the Executive program.
What is the validity period of my registration number for the CS Executive program?
Registration for ICSI executive program is valid for five years.
Can I get the detailed ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021 in the above article?
Yes, you can get the complete details on ICSI CS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021 in the above article.
How can I download ICSI CS Exam Admit Card?
You can download ICSI CS Exam Admit Card 2021 online mode.
Is there a negative marking for wrong answers in ICSI CS Exam?
There is no negative marking for the incorrect answer in ICSI CS Exam, and 2 marks are awarded for a correct answer.