CTET Selection Process 2020 Exam (Updated)
Candidates of the CTET exam must be well aware of the complete selection process. Those of you who have successfully applied for the exam must also go through the CTET exam selection process for 2020. The entire selection process is generally conducted by the examination authority and candidates are sorted on the basis of marks scored in the written test for the CTET exam.
CTET Selection Process for 2020 Exam
The examination authority of CTET states that the minimum marks required for the eligibility of the test are 60%. Since there are reservations in the test, minimum marks for eligibility vary among the candidates of reserved categories.
- Aspiring applicants from scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, other backward classes, and specially-abled categories are offered a relaxation on the basis of their respective categories.
- For the posts of class I to class VIII, teachers are appointed through the CBSE conducted Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) held every year.
- Written test for CTET consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I is for those applicants who seek a teaching post in classes from I to V ,Applicants who wish to teach students in classes from I to V must clear the Paper-I
- Paper-II is for those who wish to get a teaching job for classes from VI to VIII. Aspirants who wish to teach from Classes VI to VIII must clear the Paper-II.
- Applicants can also appear for both the papers if they are willing to teach from Classes I to VIII.
Detailed CTET Exam Selection Process 2020
- Applicants qualify for the CTET exam based on their performance in the written exam.
- The minimum qualifying score for the selection of the CTET exam is 60%.
- Before applying for the test, candidates must meet all the eligibility criteria on the basis of qualifying the paper of CTET.
- Some schools offer relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled persons, etc. as per the reservation policy of the Government.
- Candidates can apply for the posts of teachers in their schools of choice once they have cleared the CTET exam. They have to undergo the selection process after clearing the test.
- Successful candidates will be issued certificates once they clear the CTET exam 2020. These certificates remain valid for the appointment of teachers for the next seven years starting from the announcement date of the results.
- Once the certificates are issued, candidates can apply in private and central government schools whenever there is a vacancy.
- However, candidates must also remember that CTET is just a qualifying criteria and would not confer any recruitment or employment for the post.
- Candidates who have qualified the exam but are not pleased with their scores can reappear for the exam to improve their scores.
Know more about CTET Exam Details 2020
- CTET Eligibility
- CTET Application form 2020
- CTET Exam Date
- CTET Exam Pattern
- CTET Syllabus
- CTET Preparation
- CTET Subjects
- CTET Admit Card
- CTET Exam Analysis
- CTET Cut-Off 2020
- CTET Answer key
- CTET Result
- CTET Certificate
- Career option after CTET Exam
We have covered the detailed guide on CTET Selection Process 2020. Feel free to ask us any question in the comment section below.