CTET Paper 2 Syllabus 2020 (Updated) With Exam Tips
CTET Paper 2 Syllabus
CTET Paper 2 syllabus 2020 is conducted for individuals who are willing to become teachers for Elementary classes. The test consists of 4 compulsory sections. Candidates for CTET Exam will have a choice in the fourth section which they should opt as per the subject they wish to teach for their choice of classes. Subjects according to their scores and no. of questions are given as follows:
- Child Development & Pedagogy consists of 30 questions for 30 marks in total.
- Language I consists of 30 questions for 30 marks in total.
- Language II consists of 30 questions for 30 marks in total.
- Paper 2 CTET syllabus for Mathematics and Science or Social Studies/ Social Science consists of 60 questions for 60 marks in total.
In total, the number of multiple choice questions is 150 and the total score is 150.
Types of questions and their nature:
- The section on Child Development and Pedagogy will be based on educational psychology of teaching and learning, for the age group of 11-14 years.
- The studies mainly focus on understanding the interaction with learners, characteristics, needs and psychology of diverse learners, attributes and qualities of a good teacher.
- Language I section is based on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- Language II has to be another language other than Language I. A candidate is free to choose any one language as Language I and another as Language II. The list of languages available to choose for a student are also given below in the list.
List of Languages with their codes are given as follows:
- Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies/Social Science- based on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of the subjects.
- Questions from subjects such as Mathematics and Science make up for 30 marks each while Social Science alone carries a total of 60 marks.
- Questions are asked evenly on the basis of various topics as given in the CTET syllabus prescribed for classes VI – VIII by the NCERT.
- The questions in CTET Paper II will be based on the NCERT syllabus topics as prescribed for classes VI – VIII. Difficulty and aptitude level may be of the Senior Secondary stage.
A Few Preparation Tips for CTET Paper 2 By Kopykitab:
- In CTET Paper-2 syllabus 2020, pedagogical study is very important. Hence, candidates must thoroughly go through all the pedagogy questions. Do not get confused by the questions which appear to be slightly twisted.
- The trick to master those Mathematical concepts and formulae is regular practice. Solve mathematical questions on a daily basis and formulate tricks to solve quickly. Remember that practice is the key.
- NCERT textbooks are very handy during CTET preparation. Therefore, understand the basic concepts from these NCERT books and make notes of concepts learnt in science.
- Make pointers for historic events as these pointers will be easy to remember the series of events that took place.
If you are looking for preparation for the CTET exam, visit our website today! Get the best study materials, mock test papers and previous year question papers as pdfs. You can also get the detailed subject wise syllabus for CTET Paper 1 and 2. CTET paper 2 syllabus in Hindi pdf is also available on our website. Visit now!
Check out CTET Paper 1 Syllabus Here
List of all Essentials to Know more about CTET Exam 2020
- CTET Eligibility
- CTET Exam Date
- CTET Selection Process 2020
- CTET Application form
- CTET Exam Pattern
- CTET Preparation
- CTET Subjects
- CTET Admit Card
- CTET Exam Analysis
- CTET Cut-Off 2020
- CTET Answer key
- CTET Result
- CTET Certificate
- Career option after CTET Exam
for any queries related to CTET Exam, Feel free to add to comments in the section below.