CTET Child Development and Pedagogy | Syllabus, Books, Notes & Papers
One of the key modules in CTET Exam for both Primary and Elementary Stages is CTET Child Development and Pedagogy. This is a very vital syllabus that all the candidates should focus on, as this is important for a teacher. Child development and Pedagogy will make you understand about the social world and children.
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy
One of the Most important CTET Subjects is Child Development and Pedagogy It will also help the teachers in understanding the concepts of child-centered education, how to assess a child and how children think. For those candidates who have started preparing for the CTET, this article is going to be a valuable guide for you. You can find the syllabus of CTET Child Development and Pedagogy in this article. Also, you will get a clear idea about what books and study materials you will need to study Child Development and Pedagogy.
Syllabus of Child Development and Pedagogy
You can discover the syllabus of Child Development and Pedagogy for CTET Syllabus below in this article. It is imperatively important to know the exact syllabus of child development and pedagogy to learn the correct modules. The total questions that come from this syllabus are 30 questions which will carry 30 marks.
(a) Child Development (Primary School Child) – 15 Questions
- Concept of development and its relationship
- Principles of the development of children
- Influence of Heredity & Environment
- Socialization processes
- Piaget, Kohlberg, and Vygotsky
- Concepts of child-centered and progressive education
- Critical perspective of the construct of Intelligence
- Multi-Dimensional Intelligence
- Language & Thought
- Gender as a social construct – gender roles, gender-bias and educational practice
- Individual differences among learners – to understanding differences based on diversity of language, caste, gender, community, religion, etc.
- Difference between Assessment for learning and assessment of learning
- School-Based Assessment, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation
- Formulating suitable questions for assessing readiness levels of learners and for enhancing learning and critical thinking in the classroom and for evaluating learner achievement.
(b) Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs – 5 Questions
- Addressing learners from varied backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived
- Addressing the needs of children with learning complications, impairment, etc.
- Addressing the Talented, Creative, Especially abled Students
(c) Learning and Pedagogy – 5 Questions
- How children contemplate and learn and how and why children fail to attain triumph in school performance.
- Basic processes of teaching and learning along with children’s strategies of learning, learning as a social activity and social context of learning.
- Child as a problem solver and a scientific investigator
- Alternative conceptions of learning in children, understanding children’s errors as important steps in the education process.
- Cognition & Emotions
- Motivation and learning
- Factors contributing to learning – personal & environmental
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy Books, Notes and Papers
Study materials are very important for a perfect revision and practice, but you should always choose the right materials to score well. You can start your learning with Child Development and Pedagogy Book PDF. The CTET is usually conducted in both English and Hindi so you can choose your materials accordingly. If you are preparing for the English mode, then Child Development and Pedagogy PDF in English will be useful to you. For those aspirants looking for Hindi should check for Child Development and Pedagogy in Hindi PDF Download. Similarly, you can also get good information from Child Development and Pedagogy MCG PDF in English. One of the other publications for CTET is Arihant Child Development and Pedagogy PDF that can make your preparation very easy.
Apart from all these books, it is very significant to get some sample question papers that can provide awareness about how the questions are framed. By solving sample papers, you can also enhance your time management. So, if you want some question papers, then check CTET Pedagogy Questions. Also, if you have access to question papers with answers, it will make your learning process simple and hassle-free. For answers go for Child Development and Pedagogy Question Paper with Answers PDF. Likewise, you can also get the questions of a particular year which will be available in Child Development and Pedagogy Question Paper with Answers 2012.
Below are the Other Subjects for CTET Exam in Detail
Essential Information related to the CTET exam.
- CTET Eligibility
- CTET Exam Date
- CTET Selection Process 2020
- CTET Exam Pattern
- CTET Syllabus
- CTET Preparation
- CTET Application form
- CTET Admit Card
- CTET Exam Analysis
- CTET Cut-Off 2020
- CTET Answer key
- CTET Result
- CTET Certificate
- Career option after CTET Exam
We have covered the detailed guide on CTET Subjects 2020. Feel free to ask us any question in the comment section below.