RGPV Question Papers
Computer Application to power system Dec 2011
Note, = Attempt any five questions. All questions earn- equal marks.
1. (a) Write a brief note on line load ability.
(b) What do you understand by capability curves of alternator ?
2.(a) How do you control the load bus voltage using reactive
power control devices ?
(b) Write short notes about the following :
(ii) SVS ;
3. (a) What do you understand by regulated shunt
(b) Distinguish between series and shunt compensation.
4. (a) Explain general sensitivity relations.
(b) Write short notes about the following : .
Generation shift distribution factor
Line outage distribution factor
5. (a) What do you understand ,by power system security ? (b) Describe contingency analysis.
6. (a) Discuss the voltage and angle stability.
(b) Explain the PV curve for voltage stability assessment.
7. (a) IIow does the series compensation affect the voltage stability ?
(b) Explain the effect of load models on voltage stability.
8. Write short notes about the following :
Pre and Post Contingency’
Corrective load re-scheduling (in) Security level