RGPV Previous Year Question Papers BE
Communication Skill 2nd Sem June 2010
Note : Attempt any five questions. Internal choices are given Steam table is permitted.
- (a) What are the effects of the following elements of steel ?
(b) Define the following properties of engg. material : 10
(i) Proportionality limit
- (a) Give the composition properties and uses of wrought iron.
(b) Draw the stress-strain curve for mild steel. Also discuss the various properties of mild steel related to this curve.
- (a) Explain the various drilling operations done by drilling
(b) Find out the taper angle of workpiece if consecutive height of the two ends of a sine bar from the surface plate is given as 10 cm and 5 cm. The length of sine bar is 10 cm.
- (a) Explain milling machines.
- (b) Explain the various pressure measurement instruments.
- (a) Describe with sketch construction and working of
(b) If 5 m3 of a certain oil weighs 40 kN, calculate the specific weight, mass density and relative density of the oil.
- (a) Explain the function of the following components of
hydroelectric power plant :
(i) Forebay ‘
(ii) Draft tube
(b) Distinguish between the following :
(i) Impulse and reaction turbine
(ii) Peak load plant and base load plant
- (a) Classify with neat sketch, the various types of draught.
(b) A pressure cooker has 3 kg of steam at 5 bar pressure at 0.9 dry. What quality of heat be rejected so as the quality of steam becomes 60% dry?
1. (a) Write short notes on the following : 2 each
(i) Latent heat ‘ (ii) Dryness fraction
(iii) Boiler efficiency
(iv) Equivalent evaporation
(v) Super heat
(b) Find the change in internal energy when one kg of steam expands from 10 bar and 300°C to 5 bar and 0-9 dry. Take Cps = 2-1 kJ/kg. 10
10. (a) Why does actual indicator diagram differ from
theoretical diagram ? Explain them. ‘ 10
(b) Discuss the working of Otto engine. 10
11. (a) Explain the Carnot cycle and its ideal efficiency. 10 (b) Differentiate between the following : 5 each
(i) Two stroke and four stroke engine
(ii) SI and Cl engine