RGPV Exams Questions Papers IV SEM – Digital Circuit & systems June-2005
B.E. (Fourth semester) EXAMINATION,june, 2005
(Common for EC/EE/EX Engg.)
(DIGITAL CIRCUIT AND SYSTEM)
Note: Attempt any five questions. All question carry equal marks. Assume any missing data.
1. (a) Convert the following:
(i) (10111101)2 = ( )8
(ii) (C3A6)16 = ( )2
(iii) (3906)10 = ( )BCD
(iv) (370)8 = ( )16.
(b) Minimize the following expression using K-maps and release with NAND gates:
F (A,B,C,D) = ? m (2,3,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15)
2. (a) Implement of full subtractor with two half subtractor an OR gate.
(b) Design a binary parallel adder.
3. (a) Explain the operation of ECL gate.
(b) Define a following;
(i) Propagation delay time of a logic gate.
(ii) Figure of merit of digital IC
(iii) Fan out and fan in
(iv) Noise margin
4. (a) Design a 4-bidirectional shift resister with parallel load .
(b) What are a combinational logic circuit and sequential logic circuit? Explain
5. (a) Design a synchronous BCD a counter using minimum number of J-K flip-flop and gates.
(b) Differentiate between synchronous and asynchronous counter.
6. (a) Design a BCD to decimal decoder
(b) Design a combination circuit that converter 4-bit BCD to gray code.
7. (a) Explain the operation of a J-K flip-flop. What is meant by raise around condition? What is master –
(b) Explain the working of digital to analog converter.
8. Write short note on any two of the following:
(iii) Bistable multavibrator
(v) Sample and hold circuit
(vi) BCD Adder