B.E. (Third semester) EXAMINATION, DEC. 2010
(Common for EC/EE/EX Engg.)
Note. Attempt one question from each unit. All question carry equal marks.
1. (a) With the help of energy band diagram explain the principle of working of tunnel diode.
(b) Determine the question levels. Of ICQ and VCEQ For the network of fig.1.
2. (a) Explain the principle of working of depletion type MOSFET.
(b) With the help of high frequency model of a CE transistor , explain its working.
3. (a) Calculate the voltage gain of the circuit of fig. 2.
(b) Determine the efficiency of class A power amplifier.
4. (a) Explain the principle of working of RC phase shift oscillator.
(b) Determine the gain and input-output impedance of voltage series feedback amplifier .
5. (a) With the help of timing diagram explain the working of Astable multivibrator .
(b) Calculate the differential mode gain, common mode gain and CMRR using h-parameters.
6. (a) Obtain the output waveform of the circuit shown in fig.3.
(b) Explain briefly cascade and cascade amplifiers.
7. (a) Explain the following application of op-amp:
(c ) Log amplifier
(d) Voltage to current converter
8. (a) With the help of circuit diagram explain the working of op-amp .as comparator.
(b) Explain briefly about active filters and its types.
9. (a) Explain the working of series regulator .
(b) Explain the current limiting circuits.
10. (a) Write short notes on the following :
(a) Fixed switching regulator