IES Salary Structure 2020: Are you preparing for UPSC IES Exam? Do you know the current IES Pay Scale & Future Growth ?
Don’t worry! In this article, you will find the complete guide on IES Salary Structure.
Engineering Service Exam which is also known as Indian Engineering Services. It is a national level exam organized by UPSC to recruit Engineering Candidates for various posts under the Government of India.
Knowing the IES Salary will help you to stay motivated while doing the IES Exam Preparation.
IES Salary Structure 2020
IES exam is mainly organized to recruit candidates who completed their graduation in Engineering under the following disciplines – Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Since the IES is a prestigious job, candidates who are preparing for IES exam must be aware of IES Salary.
Before getting into the details of IES Salary, let’s have an overview of the list of the organizations under which the candidates are being recruited through IES Recruitment.
Recruitment Opportunities Through IES
Here you can check the list of organizations which recruit through IES.
- Border Roads Engineering Service
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Service
- Central Engineering Service for Roads
- Central Power Engineering Service
- Central Water Engineering
- Defence Service Engineering Corps
- Geological Survey of India
- Indian Army Engineering Service
- Indian Navy Armaments Service
- Indian Ordnance Factory
- Indian Railways Service
- Indian Supply Service
- Indian Telecommunication Service
IES Salary Structure Details
You should know that previously the IES In Hand salary was 42,000. But after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, the approximate IES Salary is Rs.55,135/-.
The IES Salary and Pay Scale for different posts are tabulated below:
|Junior level||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5400|
|Senior Scale||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 7600|
|Selection grade scale (Chief Engineer L2 / Jt. G M )||INR 37400 – INR 67000||INR 8700|
|Super time grade (Chief Engr. /Additional GM)||INR 37400 – INR 67000||INR 8700|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade||INR 90,000||N/A|
|Apex Pay Scale||INR 80,000||N/A|
IES Pay Scale at Entry Level
The IES Entry-level Pay Scale will depend upon the alloted locations.
The IES has divided cities into 3 classes and candidates will receive the salary according to the class of the city they are posted in. The three classes are listed below:
- Class A: Metropolis
- Class B: Metropolis + Other Big Cities
- Class C: Village + Small Cities
|Class A Cities||Class B Cities||
Class C Cities
|Net Basic Pay||21,000||21,000||21,000|
|Dearness Allowance (125% of Basic)||26,250||26,250||26,250|
|House Rent Allowance||6,300 (30% of Basic)||4,200 (20% of Basic)||2,100 (10% of Basic)|
|Transport Allowances ((15% of Basic + DA)||7,087||7,087||7,087|
|IES Gross Salary||60,637||58,537||56,437|
|IES Deductions (Approx.)||10,000||10,000||10,000|
IES Salary in Hand
IES Salary Deductions
According to the various government policies, some amount of salary will be deducted. The IES Salary deductions are listed below:
- 10% of gross pay is deducted for PF
- The employees must pay Rs 325/- under Central Government Employees Group Insurance.
- NPS Payment – 10% of Basic + Dearness Allowance
- Income Tax Deductions.
IES Allowances & Benefits
The list of allowances and benefits enjoyed by an IES Officer is listed below:
- CGHS medical facility
- Dearness Allowance
- Domestic Servant
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Allowance/ Tour Allowance
- Official Vehicle
- Personal Assistant
- Provident Fund
- Residential Quarters or HRA
IES Growth & Promotions
If you are recruited under UPSC IES then you will be promoted from time to time based on their performance.
The IES Officer Promotions are listed below:
- You will be recruited as Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Director under IES.
- After 3 to 4 years of experience, the candidate will be promoted as Executive Engineer or Director.
- After 10 to 13 years of experience, the candidates will be appointed as Joint General Manager or Chief Engineer of level 2.
- After completion of 20 years of experience, the candidate will be promoted to Additional General Manager or Chief Engineer.
- After the completion of 30 years of experience, the candidate will become a senior General Manager.
Other Important Links To Know More About IES Exam
You can refer following links to know more about the UPSC IES Exam.
- IES Eligibility
- IES Branches
- IES Exam Date
- IES Application Form
- IES Exam Pattern
- IES Syllabus
- IES Preparation Tips
- IES Previous Year Papers
- IES Exam Analysis
- IES Admit Card
- IES Exam Centers
- IES Answer Key
- IES Result
- IES Cut-Off
- IES Selection Process
We have covered the detailed guide on IES Salary Structure 2020. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.