Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the most reputed examination of the nation. Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Service Examination for the recruitment of IAS officers, IPS officers, IFS officers, and several other posts. It is one of the toughest and challenging examinations which is conducted by UPSC every year. This year, UPSC is conducting the recruitment drive to fill 782 vacancies under Central and State Government. UPSC has released the IAS Application form for 2019 on February 19, 2019. According to the latest notification, the IAS Exam 2019 is scheduled in the month of June. Go through the blog to know more in detail about important dates, application form, eligibility and more.
Important Dates of IAS Exam 2019
|Release of Application Form||February 19, 2019|
|Last to fill Application Form||March 18, 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||May 2019|
|IAS Preliminary Exam||June 2, 2019|
|Result Date of IAS Preliminary Exam||August 2019|
|IAS Main Exam 2019||September 20, 2019|
|Result Date of IAS Main Exam||January 2020|
IAS Application Form 2019
The IAS Application Form is released on the official website. Candidates can click on the below link to fill your application directly. Candidates are suggested to fill the application before the last date. The UPSC Civil Service exam is conducted in 2 parts. Hence, in the below link you can find registration for Part 1 and Part 2 separately.
Steps to fill IAS Application Form 2019
Interested and eligible candidates can fill the application form of the exam on the official website upsconline.nic.in or by clicking on the above link. Candidates who clear the Preliminary Exam have to apply for the Main Exam separately. Here are the steps listed below on how to fill your IAS Application Form 2019.
Online Registration Process
Step 1: Visit the Official UPSC Website: upsc.gov.in. or click on the above link
Step 2: Click on the link Part 1 or Part 2 registration.
Step 3: Enter details like Name, Gender, Category, Nationality etc.
Step 4: Click on Submit button
Step 5: Then you will be redirected to the payment step.
Step 6: After the completion of the payment process, you will be redirected to filling the form for IAS Exam 2019.
Step 7: Enter all the required details in the IAS Application form 2019.
Step 8: Upload necessary scanned photograph and signature.
Step 9: Click I agree on the declaration form and submit to complete the application process.
Candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the authorities to take the exam. The eligibility parameters are set on the basis of Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, Number of Attempts and Physical Standards. Given below are the IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- For IAS and IPS, applicants must be a citizen of India.
- The lower age limit for IAS Exam 2019 is 21 years as on August 1, 2019, while the upper age limit is 32 years.
- There is upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates, which is as follows:
- SC/ST- Up to 5 years
- OBC- Up to 3 years
- Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities- Up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen- Up to 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service- Up to 5 years
- PwD candidates- Up to 10 years
- Domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989- Up to 5 years.
- Applicants must hold a graduate degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university
Number of Attempts
- Only six attempts are allowed for a candidate to clear IAS Exam 2019.
Thus, candidates are suggested to go through instructions before filling in the application form. We will keep you posted with all the latest news related to IAS 2019. In the meantime, start your preparation with best IAS Study Materials designed based on the current syllabus.