RRB JE Salary and Job Profile: The RRB JE is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of junior engineers (JE) in the Indian Railway. It appoints candidates to the post of Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer Information Technology, Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) & Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA).
RRB JE Recruitment starts with the RRB JE Exam notification 2021 in December. The aspirants can also apply online for the Railway Junior Engineer Salary and Job Profile till 31st January 2021 tentatively. This is a golden opportunity for all those aspirants who wish to join Indian railways after their diploma or degree.
This article provides every detail regarding RRB JE Salary and Job Profile. The Railway Recruitment Board JE notification released every year and this year, it releases 13847 vacancies.
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | Complete Details
The aspirants who are engrossed can participate in RRB Railway Recruitment 2021 procedure as this job notification is the best career option. So, the aspirants who are applying for this post must search for the RRB JE Salary and Job Profile of several posts under RRB JE recruitment 2021.
Here is detailed information about the RRB JE Job Profile, RRB JE Pay Scale, and other facilities.
|Exam Date||May 22nd, 2021 (tentatively)|
|Selection Process||CBT 1, CBT 2, Document Verification, Medical Examination|
|Pay Scale||9000-35000 + Allowances|
RRB is looking for young skilled candidates to recruit them. These job vacancies offer an excellent career scope for the candidates who are dreaming of being part of RRB Careers. The intended candidates must Apply for the RRB JE Exam before losing this golden chance. Therefore, inquisitive candidates who are eligible for this work profile according to the posts can fill the Junior Engineer posts.
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | Check Posts
There are five departments that recruits candidates and they are:
|1||Civil engineering department|
|2||Electrical engineering department|
|3||Electronics and Telecommunication|
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | Civil Engineers Work Profile
- The candidate who will be selected as RRB JE Civil will work as a Supervisor in the Civil Engineering Department of Railways. He will be called the Inspector of Works.
- He is responsible for the bridge construction and maintenance of Railway buildings.
- He has to ensure that the track is maintained in the best quality to enable the smooth, safe, and fast movement of trains.
- He is responsible for the maintenance of bridge workshop in the Railway Division.
- He holds the inspection and maintenance of all track machines and also confirms that the machines are working efficiently and are in proper working condition.
Railway Engineer Salary and Job Profile | Electrical Engineers Work Profile
- The candidate entitles to this job role has responsibilities like maintenance of several types of equipment used in the Railway Department.
- He is responsible for the production and safeguarding of the Main Line EMUs (MEMUs), Electrical Locomotives, and Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs).
- He ensures that the drive Wheels spin at a standard rate if the motion of the wheels is too fast.
- He handles the maintenance of overhead equipment (OHE) and substations which are involved in the shifting of rolling stock.
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Work Profile
- The candidate entitles to this job role has major responsibilities such as oversee the signaling installations of the stations, submission of proposals for revenue & work budget, and for periodic reviews.
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | Mechanical Engineers Work Profile
- This Profile includes manufacturing, maintenance (Division and Workshop), and operation of carriage, wagon, and locomotives.
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | IT Engineers Work Profile
- The Profile of JE (IT) includes handling IT-related matters of the Railways, procurement of IT hardware, software, and office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, and much more.
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile | JE Salary 2021
Here you can check the detailed salary structure of RRB JE. As per the 7th pay commission, the Railway JE Salary 2021 was revised. The selected candidates will receive a Rs 34,500 salary in hand.
RRB JE Salary | After 7th Pay Commission
When the candidates complete the training period, they are eligible for allowances such as HRA and TA & other incentives. For the candidates who work as JE in Railways, RRB JE pay scale is around Rs 42,000 per month after the RRB JE training period. The candidates will be posted in locations after the training period. However, the Salary of Junior Engineer will depend upon their location of posting. The Railway Commission has Categorized the cities as cities X, Y, and Z.
- City X – Metropolitan Cities
- City Y – Metropolitan Cities along with other developed and larger cities.
- City Z – Small Cities and Villages
|Categories||Name of the Cities|
|City X||Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai, and Kolkata|
|City y||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Puducherry, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Raipur, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Moradabad, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kannur, Kollam, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Solapur, Kolhapur, Vasai-Virar City, Vijayawada, Warangal, Greater Visakhapatnam, Guntur, Nellore, Guwahati, Patna, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Salem, Tirupur, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Erode, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Sangli, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Vadodara, Surat, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Bokaro Steel City, Belgaum, Malegaon, Nanded-Waghala, Aligarh, Agra, Bareilly, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Saharanpur, Noida, Firozabad, Jhansi, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur|
|City Z||Remaining Cities|
RRB JE Pay Scale After 7th Pay Commission with Allowances
|City X||City Y||City Z|
|HR Allowances||4050 (30% of Basic Sal)||2700 (20% of Basic Sal)||1350 (10% of Basic Sal)|
Click Here to Know about Detailed RRB JE Syllabus
Junior Railway Engineer Salary: Facilities and Perks
The Junior Engineers who work in the Indian Railways will enjoy several facilities and perks apart from the job security and salary. The Junior Railway Engineer Salary Facilities and Perks offered by the government for JE include:
- Medical Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Educational Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
RRB Junior Engineer (JE) Career Growth
Candidates need to focus on their work and occupy senior posts once they clear all rounds of the RRB JE Selection Process. The Promotion level of RRB Junior Engineer is as Follows
- Senior Section Engineer
- Assistant Divisional Engineer
- Divisional Engineer
- Senior Divisional Engineer
Essential Links for RRB JE Entrance Exam
You should refer to the below links to know Railways Recruitment Board Junior Engineer Exam.
|RRB JE Eligibility||RRB JE Exam Date|
|RRB JE Preparation Tips||RRB JE Previous Year Papers|
|Best RRB JE Books||RRB JE Admit Card|
|RRB JE Exam Centers||RRB JE Exam Analysis|
|RRB JE Result||RRB JE Answer Key|
We have covered the detailed guide on RRB JE Salary and Profile. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section.
FAQ- RRB JE Salary and Job Profile
What is the grade pay of a Junior Engineer in RRB JE?
The grade pay of RRB Junior Engineer is 4,200/-.
What is the Pay Band of a Junior Engineer in RRB JE Salary?
The Pay Band of a Junior Engineer in RRB JE Salary is Rs.35400 – Rs.112400
Which is the highest post in RRB JE?
The highest post under RRB JE is of Senior Divisional Engineer.
Is a Junior Engineer’s salary dependent upon the location of the posting?
The Junior Engineer Salary will depend upon the location of the posting.
What is the in-hand salary of RRB Junior Engineer?
RRB Junior Engineer In-hand salary for the Training period is Rs. 35,400, and after permanent selection, the salary will be Rs. 42,000.
What is the RRB JE Probation Period?
The Junior Engineer post under the Railway Recruitment Board will have to undergo a probationary period/training period of two years.
What are the different departments that come under the RRB Junior Engineer post?
The different departments that come under the RRB Junior Engineer post Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Mechanical, IT.
Will the selected candidates in RRB JE receive additional benefits along with the salary package?
Yes, the additional benefits in RRB JE are House Rent Allowances, Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, and so on. Read the above article to find detailed information.