RRB JE Eligibility: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the JE Exam for the recruitment for the post of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (IT), Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA), and Depot Material Superintendent. The official notification for RRB JE Exam 2021 has been released on December 29th, 2021.
If you want to appear in the JE Exam, it is very important to know the latest RRB JE Eligibility Criteria. Are you planning to register for RRB JE Exam 2021?
Before filling the RRB JE Application Form, you should check the Railwqy Recruitment Board/RRB JE Eligibility criteria. Make sure that you have fulfilled all essential criteria as prescribed by the Railway board.
In this article, you will find the complete details on RRB JE Eligibility and can figure out if you are an eligible candidate or not.
RRB JE Eligibility
The RRB JE Exam has two stages i.e. CBT 1 and CBT 2. You should know that these exams are held for 90 minutes and 120 minutes respectively. The exams are taken in the English language, Urdu, Tamil, Hindi, and many other languages.
You will be awarded one mark for each correct answer and there is a negative marking of 1/3rd marks for incorrect answers; you are advised to select their answers carefully. RRB JE Vacancy details for 2021 Exam will be notified later for the post of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS), and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA).
You should know that for the previous year (2019), there were about 13847 vacancies in total. Here is a break up of various kinds of job posts and the vacancies for the same:
- 12844 spots open for the post of Junior Engineer,
- 227 spots open for the post of Depot Material Superintendent,
- 29 spots open for the post of Junior Engineer (Information Technology),
- 387 spots open for the post of Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant.
RRB JE Eligibility | Get Exam Eligibility Criteria for the 2021 Exam
You will see the category based RRB JE Eligibility Criteria. You should check the complete eligibility conditions before applying for the exam. Make sure that you have fulfilled all essential RRB JE Eligibility criteria.
The minimum eligibility criteria specify the:
- Nationality to be eligible,
- Qualification details of the candidate,
- The physical health of the candidate or medical fitness, and
- The age limit for applying for the exams.
RRJ JE Eligibility | Citizenship
You can check the Citizenship Criteria from below:
- Candidates who wish to be a part of the Indian Railway system should only be from:
- Bhutan or
- From Nepal.
- Tibetian migrants can also participate in the RRB JE Selection Process 2021, only if they comply with the following rules:
- Those who are Tibetan migrants and have settled in India before January 01, 1962, are eligible to apply and be selected.
- If you are from the following countries who have settled down in India can also apply for the job:
- Sri Lanka,
- East African Countries,
- The United Republic of Tanzania,
- Kenya, and
RRB JE Eligibility | Academic Qualification
You should also meet the educational qualification as prescribed by the Railway board. Before starting the complete guide in Educational Qualifications, you should know the below points:
- If you are in the final year of completion of the degree or diploma then you cannot apply for the job posts or for the RRB JE recruitment procedure.
Here is a list of qualifications required by you for various disciplines:
1. Academic Criteria for a Junior Engineer (JE)
You should have the following qualifications to apply for the post of the junior engineer:
- You should have a three-year diploma or degree in the field of Civil Engineering or a B.Sc in Civil Engineering. Or should possess a degree or diploma which has a combination of Civil Engineering from a Recognized University or Institute as sub-subjects.
- Or you should possess a degree in other relevant fields as specified on the official website, which includes a degree or diploma in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, tools and die, automobile, etc.
2. Academic Criteria for a Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)
Here are the qualification requirements for a person to be eligible for the spot of Depot Material Superintendent through the RRB recruitment process:
- Should possess a diploma or a degree in any discipline for engineering from any kind of recognized institute or college or university.
3. Academic Criteria for a Junior Engineer (IT)
Here are the qualifications required by a candidate for applying for the post of Junior Engineer (IT) in the RRB recruitment process:
- You should have a three-year degree or diploma for a recognized institute or college or university with at least “Level B” course of three years for the following:
- Tech(CS) or
- Tech(IT) or
- PGDCA or
- Sc (Computer Science) or
- BCA or
- DOEACC ‘B’ level course of three years duration or equivalent
4. Academic Criteria for a Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant
Here you can check the required qualifications for the Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant:
- You should have attained at least 45% for B.Sc (Bachelors degree in Science) with Physics & Chemistry.
Make sure that you find out all the details about qualifications and the details of approved or recognized universities, colleges, and institutes before you apply for the RRB Exam 2021.
RRB JE Age limit 2021
Applicant should know that your age limit should be between the maximum age limit and the minimum age limit as prescribed by RRB (18-33 Years).
- Maximum RRB JE Age Limit 2021 as per for being eligible for the recruitment process: 33 years
- Minimum RRB JE Age Limit 2021 as per RRB for being eligible for the recruitment process: 18 years
Here you can check the category based maximum RRB JE Age Relaxation:
- General: Upper age limit is 33 years,
- OBC: Maximum age limit is 36 years (relaxation of 3 years)
- SC and ST: Maximum age limit is 38 years (relaxation of 5 years)
- For Ex-Servicemen: Up to the age they served the country, an additional 3 years if they served for 6 more months after attestation.
- For people with disabilities:
- Unreserved Persons with Disabilities (PWD): 43 years (10 years of relaxation)
- OBC PWD: 46 years (13 years of relaxation)
- SC and ST: 48 years (15 years of relaxation)
Other Important Links for RRB JE Exam
You should refer to the below links to know Railways Recruitment Board Junior Engineer Exam.
Click on the link to access other important information related to the RRB JE Exam Recruitment.
- RRB JE Exam Date
- RRB JE Application Process
- RRB JE Syllabus
- RRB JE Exam Pattern
- RRB JE Preparation Tips
- RRB JE Previous Year Papers
- Best RRB JE Books
- RRB JE Admit Card
- RRB JE Exam Centers
- RRB JE Exam Analysis
- RRB JE Result
- RRB JE Answer Key
- RRB JE Cut-Off
- RRB JE Selection Process
- RRB JE Salary & Job Profile
We have covered the detailed guide on RRB JE Eligibility. Feel free to ask us any queries related to RRB in the comment section below.
FAQ- RRB JE Eligibility
What is the minimum qualification to fulfill RRB JE Eligibility?
A degree or a three-year diploma in the respective field is the minimum qualification to fulfill RRB JE Eligibility. For more details, go through the above article.
What is the minimum age to fulfill Railway JE age limit eligibility?
The minimum age to fulfill Railway JE age limit eligibility must not be less than 18 years of age for all categories.
I am in the final year of graduation, can I apply for the RRB JE examination?
No, candidates waiting for the final results of the prescribed educational qualification are not eligible to apply for the RRB JE exam.
Can BSc students apply for RRB JE?
Yes, BSc graduates can apply for RRB JE, see separate qualifications for JE only, you can pass the relevant degree for the exam group.
How many times the RRB JE exam is conducted in a year?
The RRB JE exam is conducted once a year.
What should be the age limit for the RRB JE exam?
For the RRB JE exam, the applicant should not be less than 18 years and should not be more than 33 years of age.
What is the category-wise Age Relaxation for RRB JE Exam?
Go through the above blog for the category-wise Age Relaxation details for RRB JE Exam.
Is a B.Tech student eligible for RRB JE?
RRB JE Eligibility requires B.Tech or Diploma in discipline as per post.
What is the Application fees for unreserved or OBC Category males?
For filing the online application form, the fees is INR 100.
Is there any negative marking for wrong answer?
There is a negative marking of 1/3rd marks for each incorrect answer.