RRB JE Preparation Tips: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the RRB JE Exam for the recruitment of Junior Engineers (JE) in Indian Railways. This is a highly competitive exam as lakhs of candidates appear for the exam. According to the RRB JE Notification, this year the exam is going to be conducted tentatively in May 2021.
With the exam being just a few months away, it is time for the candidates planning to appear for the exam to pull up their socks and start their RRB JE Preparation. RRB JE exam has 2 stages of Computer Based Test.
Applicants are required to work hard to get a good score in the exam. We have provided you with detailed RRB JE Preparation Tips which will help you to score more.
RRB JE Preparation Tips
Before starting on with the detailed RRB JE Preparation Tips, candidates should be aware of the syllabus and exam pattern. It is very important to be thorough with the exam pattern and syllabus as it reduces your exam stress a lot.
The Railway JE Syllabus and exam pattern consist of an Online exam of Reasoning Ability, Arithmetic, and General Awareness.
RRB JE Preparation Tips | Exam Pattern
A thorough understanding of the RRB JE Exam Pattern is most essential and the First Step in Preparation for the RRB JE 2021 Exam. Mainly the Exam Consists of 4 Main Stages
- CBT 1 -First Stage
- CBT 2 – Second Stage
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
RRB JE CBT – 1 Exam Pattern
for CBT 1 Exam, the total time duration is 90 min with 100 questions, one mark for each and there will be negative marking. every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted
|CBT 1 Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
RRB JE CBT -2 Exam Pattern
The total time duration for RRB JE CBT 2 Exam is 190 min for 150 questions. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|CBT 2 Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Physics and Chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of Computers and Applications||10||10|
|Basics of Environment and Pollution Control||10||10|
RRB JE Preparation Tips | Ultimate Tips To Crack The RRB JE Exam
- Go through the syllabus and form a proper everyday plan such that all the topics of the syllabus are covered.
- Refer to the best RRB JE Study Materials that consists of all important topics, varieties of problems, detailed explanation.
- Start with topics that you are confident of and can solve easily. This will help you to gain some interest and also the confidence to move forward.
- Along with your preparation go through RRB JE Previous Year Papers which helps in scoring more. You will be explored to different types of questions.
- Keep taking regular notes, noting down all important formulae and shortcuts at a place.
- Attempt regular RRB JE Mock Test or Railway mock test and Quizzes to test your preparation. Also, you can get the exam to feel with real-time timer-driven mock tests.
- Work on time management and accuracy. Try to solve more and more previous year’s question papers within a given time.
RRB JE Preparation Tips | Important Topics
Below mentioned are a few important topics that you need to focus on while preparing for the exam. As there is less time for the exam, you can give high priority to these topics from each section.
These are the topics from which there would be questions asked frequently in all RRB JE Exams.
Reasoning Ability Important Topics:
- Number Series
- Seating arrangement
- Direction sense test
- Non-verbal series
- Statement conclusion
- Blood Relations
Numerical Ability Important Topics:
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation & Combination
- Ratio and Proportion
- SI & CI
- Pipes and Cisterns
General Awareness Important Topics:
- Latest Current Affairs from Last 6 months
- Important Days
- Latest Government Policies and schemes
- CM, Governors, and Capitals of States
- Basic Science, General History & Geography
RRB JE Last Minute Preparation Tips
As the exam is nearing it is time for candidates to do their last-minute preparation. Here are the last-minute preparation tips for all candidates who are appearing for the upcoming RRB JE exam. Go through them and start preparing well.
- Study the revision notes which was prepared earlier during preparation subject wise
- Solve more and more RRB JE Previous Year question papers to be perfect in all subjects
- You can take up the question paper in the form of the real exam to test your skills by yourself.
- This way you can improve your speed and accuracy. You can also improve time management skills
- Take up mock tests regularly to know your errors.
- Check your solutions to know where you go wrong and correct them
- Revise tough topics again to improve more.
- Make sure to remember the important keywords or key points.
- Read newspapers daily to be updated with daily current affairs.
- Read General Knowledge Books as well to know important issues.
- Keep revising well.
- Eat healthy food to stay healthy.
- Do not read any new topics when the exam is nearby.
- Do not panic if you cannot remember any topic.
Other Important Links for RRB JE Exam
You should refer to the below links to know Railways Recruitment Board Junior Engineer Exam.
|RRB JE Eligibility||RRB JE Application Form|
|RRB JE Exam Date||RRB JE Salary & Job Profile|
|RRB JE Selection Process||RRB JE Admit Card|
|RRB JE Exam Centers||RRB JE Exam Analysis|
|RRB JE Result||RRB JE Answer Key|
|RRB JE Cut-Off|
We hope, these Preparation tips will help you in starting your preparation with the best RRB JE Books. For any information or queries, you can write to us in the comments section below.
FAQ- RRB JE Preparation Tips
1. How do I prepare for RRB JE?
Go through the above article for RRB JE Preparation Tips.
2. Is RRB JE tough to crack?
General Intelligence and Reasoning may seem like a difficult subject in RRB JE to crack, but it is one of those topics where the chances of getting maximum marks are quite high.
3. Is it necessary to read newspaper for RRB JE exam?
Yes. Daily reading of the newspapers based on RRB JE current affairs will help you enhance your General Knowledge / Awareness.
4. Can I crack the RRB JE exam on the first attempt?
Yes, candidates can crack the RRB JE exam on the first attempt. They must have the best study materials and a concrete study plan.
5. How many months of current affairs should I refer to RRB JE Exam?
Stay updated with the current affairs of the last six months for RRB JE.
6. What is the initial step for preparing RRB JE?
The initial step for preparation of RRB JE is: Be thorough with the detailed syllabus and exam pattern.
7. What are some last-minute tips for the RRB exams?
Here are some last-minute tips for the RRB exams – 1)Online Practice of RRB NTPC Previous Year Papers & Mock Tests. 2)Get all the Mathematical formulae at your fingertips. 3)Take practice or mock tests to improve speed and accuracy
8. Is RRB previous year’s question papers required for preparation?
Yes. Try to solve more and more RRB JE previous year’s question papers within a given time. Always remember that both time and accuracy are required to score well in the exam.