RRB JE Eligibility Criteria 2020 | Age Limit, Educational Qualifications
RRB JE Eligibility Criteria: If you want to appear the JE Exam, you should know the latest RRB JE Eligibility criteria.
Before filling the application form, you should check the eligibility criteria. Make sure that you have fulfilled all essential criteria as prescribed by Railway board.
In this article you will find the complete guide on RRB JE Eligibility Criteria.
RRB JE Eligibility Criteria
The RRB JE exam has two stages i.e. CBT 1 and CBT 2. You should know that these exams are held for 90 minutes and 120 minutes respectively. The exams are taken in the English language, Urdu, Tamil, Hindi, and many other languages.
You will be awarded one mark for each correct answer and deducts 1/3rd marks for each wrong answer; you are advised to select their answers carefully.
You should know that for 2019, there were about 13487 vacancies in total. Here is a break up of various kinds of job posts and the vacancies for the same:
- 12844 spots open for the post of Junior Engineer,
- 227 spots open for the post of Depot Material Superintendent,
- 29 spots open for the post of Junior Engineer (Information Technology),
- 387 spots open for the post of Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant.
Eligibility Criteria for the RRB-JE 2020 Exam
You will see the category based criteria. You should check the complete criteria before applying for the exam. Make sure that you have fulfilled all essential criteria.
The criteria specify the:
- Nationality to be eligible,
- Qualification details of the candidate,
- The physical health of the candidate, and
- The age limit for application for the exams.
RRJ JE Citizenship Criteria
You can check the Citizenship Criteria from below:
- Candidates who wish to be a part of the Indian Railway system should only be from:
- Bhutan or
- From Nepal.
- Tibetian migrants can also participate in the RRB JE selection process 2019, only if they comply with the following rules:
- Who are Tibetan migrants and have settled in India before January 01, 1962 are eligible to apply and be selected.
- If you are from the following countries who have settled down in India can also apply for the job:
- Sri Lanka,
- East African Countries,
- The United Republic of Tanzania,
- Kenya, and
RRB JE Educational Qualification
You should also meet the educational qualification as per prescribed by Railway board. Before starting the complete guide in Educational Qualifications, you should know below points:
- If you are in the final year of completion of the degree or diploma then you cannot apply for the job posts or for the recruitment procedure.
Here is a list of qualifications required by you for various disciplines:
Qualifications for a Junior Engineer (JE)
You should have following qualifications to apply for the post of a junior engineer:
- You should have a three-year diploma or degree in the field of Civil Engineering or B.Sc in Civil Engineering. Or should possess a degree or diploma which has a combination of Civil Engineering from a Recognized University or Institute as sub-subjects.
- Or you should possess a degree in other relevant fields as specified on the official website, which includes degree or diploma in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, tools and die, automobile, etc.
Qualifications for a Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)
Here are the qualification requirements for a person to be eligible for the spot of Depot Material Superintendent through RRB recruitment process:
- Should possess a diploma or a degree in any discipline for engineering from any kind of recognized institute or college or university.
Qualifications Required for a Junior Engineer (IT)
Here are the qualifications required by a candidate for applying for the post of Junior Engineer (IT) in the RRB recruitment process:
- You should have a three-year degree or diploma for a recognized institute or college or university with at least “Level B” course of three years for the following:
- Tech(CS) or
- Tech(IT) or
- PGDCA or
- Sc (Computer Science) or
- BCA or
- DOEACC ‘B’ level course of three years duration or equivalent
Qualifications Required for a Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant
Here you can check the required qualifications for the Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant:
- You should have attained at least 45% for B.Sc (Bachelors degree in Science) with Physics & Chemistry.
Make sure that you find out all the details about qualifications and the details of approved or recognized universities, colleges, and institutes before you apply for the RRB recruitment 2020.
Age limit for RBB JE
You should know that your age limit should be between the maximum age limit and the minimum age limit as prescribed by RRB.
- Maximum Age as per RRB for being eligible for the recruitment process: 33 years
- Minimum Age as per RRB for being eligible for the recruitment process: 18 years
Here you can check the category based maximum age limit with relaxations:
- General: maximum age limit is 33 years,
- OBC: maximum age limit is 36 years (relaxation of 3 years)
- SC and ST: maximum age limit is 38 years (relaxation of 5 years)
- For Ex-Servicemen: Up to the age they served the country, an additional 3 years if they served for 6 more months after attestation.
- For people with disabilities:
- Unreserved Persons with Disabilities (PWD): 43 years (10 years of relaxation)
- OBC PWD: 46 years (13 years of relaxation)
- SC and ST: 48 years (15 years of relaxation)
Other Important Links for RRB JE Exam
You should refer below links to know Railways Recruitment Board Junior Engineer Exam.
Click on the link to access other important information related to the RRB JE Exam.
- RRB JE Exam Date
- RRB JE Application Form
- RRB JE Syllabus
- RRB JE Exam Pattern
- RRB JE Preparation Tips
- RRB JE Previous Year Papers
- Best RRB JE Books
- RRB JE Admit Card
- RRB JE Exam Centers
- RRB JE Exam Analysis
- RRB JE Result
- RRB JE Answer Key
- RRB JE Cut-Off
- RRB JE Selection Process
- RRB JE Salary & Job Profile
We have covered the detailed guide on RRB JE Eligibility criteria. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.