CS Professional exams are held two times in a year, in the months of June and December. Like every year, the exam is scheduled to be held this year in June 2020 and December 2020. A new syllabus has been formulated for the CS Professional exam by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), and is applicable from June 2019.
There are three modules in the CS Professional exam where each module comprises three papers. There will be open book based examinations for papers 8 and 9 out of all the nine papers.
Study Plan For CS Professional Exam 2020
The most challenging aspect for Company Secretaries in their professional life lies in the fact that they have to find out a solution in a given circumstance, and in the right time.
Therefore, the most crucial aspect for every aspirant of CS Professional exam would be to not waste time. Students must not procrastinate their preparation. If you think that you have ample time in hands and you can study later, it is a grave mistake. Time will quickly pass by and you will be at great loss.
How to prepare for the CS Professional exam?
There are two aspects to every competitive exam- studying for knowledge and studying for examinations. While it is difficult to choose between the two, it is always best to study for knowledge for the exam. If a student has all the knowledge, the exam will be just like a cakewalk!
Main Tips for Study Plan For CS Professional Exam 2020:
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) provides study material for the candidates preparing for CS Professional exam. Go through these study materials along with some reference books as recommended by experts. Click Here to download ICSI CS Professional All Study Materials.
- While studying the chapters, make short and handy notes of the topics. This will not only help in noting down the important points but also help in remembering the topics for future. Keep a small notebook handy while studying a new chapter.
- Prepare a time table or study routine so that all the syllabus is covered within a given time period. It is necessary to dedicate most of the time for CS Professional exam preparation. Time tables can be made on a weekly or monthly basis with breakups in between.
- Set targets for a day which is achievable. Do not set such targets which are impossible to achieve. It will only lead to exam burden and not help in any way.
- Analyse every week’s target and check if there are any backlogs. Monitor the effort put in and revise the schedule accordingly.
Study Plan For CS Professional Module 1 Exam 2020
For CS Professional module 1, candidates need to go through the study material provided by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), and make sure that each and every topic is thoroughly covered. Remember to not skip any topic.
- There will be certain instances which will determine a student’s weakness and field of interest. Some chapters will be easy to understand while some will be difficult. But do not skip anything. Convert the weakness to strength by trying to understand the basic concepts.
- The aim should be to complete one chapter at a time. After doing that, refer to the practice manual, scanner and gauge if the coverage is maximum.
- Focus on writing for theoretical subjects. It will not only improve the writing speed but also help remember the topics easily.
- Aspirants must try to finish the entire syllabus at least three months before the main exam. One and a half months should be dedicated for revision, and during the revision phase only go through the previous chapters which are completed and focus on improving the weaknesses.
Study Plan For CS Professional New syllabus study plan:
CS Professional exam is usually conducted in the months of July and August by NTA tentatively. Since you will have a few months left to revise the topics, we will help you with some tips for the final exam so that you can easily score good marks. Read the points below to make a better study plan and score more:
- Stay calm and optimistic before entering the exam hall. Take every opportunity in the most challenging spirit.
- Stay focused and concentrate only on the subject you are preparing. Do not worry about the results when you are appearing for the exam.
- It is very important to maintain a positive and optimistic attitude in the exam.
- Manage your time during the examination. There is no use of worrying as it will only waste your time in the exam hall.
- Save the last 20 minutes for revision. Try to finish the paper at least 20 minutes before the exam is over. It will help you re-evaluate mistakes if any.
- Kopykitab offers study material pdf and reference books pdfs which are of utmost importance for CS Professional exam. You can easily download the pdfs for free. Kopykitab also offers a wide scope of study material for CS Foundation courses as well.
We have covered a detailed guide on Study Plan For for ICSI CS Professional Exam 2020. If you have any questions related to the CS Exam, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.