IBPS SO Selection Process: The IBPS SO Selection Process is something that every SO candidate must go through if they wish to be selected by the main financial institutions and banks in the public sector.
This process will be carried out through the normal hiring process carried out by the Institute for the Selection of Banking Personnel (IBPS). IBPS conducts this exam by the important stages- Online Exam (Prelims and Mains), Personal Interview, Provisional Allotment, Final Allotment.
Also, the IBPS SO Vacancy will be segregated by category and by the state at the discretion of the participating organizations. Candidates should know that the selection will be based solely on their performance in the various stages of the process.
These steps will help organizations select the right candidates through a common platform. Scroll down to get further details on IBPS SO Selection Process.
IBPS SO Selection Process 2021
The IBPS SO Recruitment Notification 2021 is not released yet, and it is expected to release in October 2021. The students interested in the Banking sector job have enough time to practice for the exam. Here in the article, check out the complete IBPS SO Selection Process 2021.
The stages of this IBPS SO Exam are similar to the other banking exams, i.e., Prelims, Mains, and Interview Process. Students have to clear all these three phases to be a part of one of the Nationalized Bank.
IBPS SO (Specialist Officer) is one of the IBPS exams, which is the dream job of the many candidates to working in a Banking Sector. The IBPS SO Exam is recruited for recruiting eligible candidates for multiple cadres like- IT, Marketing, Agriculture, HR, Law, Rajbhasha, etc. Officials have a prescribed IBPS SO selection procedure for shortlisting the aspirants in banks.
Candidates should read about IBPS SO Selection Process steps in detail and plan their preparation accordingly.
IBPS SO Selection Process 2021 | Online Examination
The online exam is the first step of the selection process for IBPS SO. The applicants who have applied for IBPS Specialist Officer should have to appear in the common written exam.
There are two phases of the common written exam- Prelims and Mains. Both are conducted in online mode.
IBPS SO Selection Process | Prelims Exam
Type of Questions- Objective Type
Total Questions- 150 Questions
Total Marks- 125 Marks
Time Duration- 120 Minutes (2 Hours)
Mode of the Exam- Online
Negative Marking- 0.25 (¼)
IBPS SO Selection Process | Mains Exam
For the posts of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer
Type of Questions- Objective Type
Total Number of Questions- 60 Questions
Total Marks- 60 Marks
Time Duration- 45 Minutes
Negative Marking- 0.25 (¼)
For the post of Rajbhasha Adhikari
Type of Questions- Objective and Descriptive Type
Total Number of Questions- 47 Questions
Total Marks- 60 Marks
Time Duration- One Hour (60 Minutes)
Negative Marking- 0.25 (¼) only for objective types questions
Crack The Exam Easily and Chase Your Dream
Download IBPS SO Ultimate Study Materials to Boost Preparation
Selection Process for IBPS SO 2021 Exam | Personal Interview
After qualifying for the Prelims and Mains Exam, applicants will be called through the official notification for the Personal Interview round of the exam. Officials release the call letter for candidates who are called for the interview process. It can be downloaded from the official website.
- Participated Banks and IBPS are responsible for administering Interviews.
- The Total Marks assigned for the Interview Process are 100.
- Applicants should get qualifying marks in an interview to get selected for the final stage (Provisional Allotment).
- The min qualification score should not be less than 40% for the General category and 35% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD (These are the expected percentages).
Required Documents for IBPS SO Selection Process in Interview Process
- Printout of IBPS SO Interview Call Letter/ Application Form
- Take a Valid Identity Proof (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.) and a Computer Literacy Certificate with two Passport Size Photos.
- Proof of Date of Birth through Birth Certificate/ SSLC/ Standard X Certificate with DOB.
- All Necessary Marksheets/ Certificates associated with the educational qualification.
- Cast Certificate issued by the accountable authority for SC/ ST/ OBC categories.
- Persons with Disability (PwD) category need to carry a Disability Certificate/ Document issued by District Medical Association.
- Applicants who are presently serving in Government Departments are obliged to provide a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from their employer at the time of interview.
- Persons who are come under the particular category for age relaxation as per the govt. Norms must take a certificate concerning the same in the interview.
- An Ex-serviceman applicant should submit an under relief certificate.
- Applicants should not be allowed to appear in the interview if they do not present/ bring all the required documents during the round of document verification IBPS SO Selection Process 2021.
- There is a counter for Document Verification at the venue of the IBPS SO Interview Process. Every competitor has to go through a strict process of Document Verification for the IBPS Specialist Officer (SO) Job.
IBPS SO Selection Process 2021 | Provisional & Final Allotment
- Applicants will get the allotment based on the merit list and preference order.
- The competitors who obtained equal scores will be listed in the merit list as per the Date of Birth. The system will decide the one who is elder from another as per the prevailing mode.
- Based on the IBPS SO Selection Procedure, provisional allotments will be done on the obtainable vacancies and government guidelines on the reservation policy.
- The applicants who have been Provisionally allotted can be posted anywhere in the country based on the vacancy of IBPS Participating Banks.
- No request for change of allotted posting will be accepted.
- A list of the reservation will be carried out for the applicants in case of an increase in the number of vacancies. The recruiting firm has the liberty to cancel and re-allot the organization, depending on the requirements.
The banks allotted to the selected applicants will grant a Joining or Appointment letter. The Appointment/ Joining letter will be sent to the address or on the mail id.
Following details will be included in the Appointment Letter-
- Reporting Date
- Training Date
- Document Verification
- Details of Medical Tests
- During the interview process and final allotment, the identity of the applicant will be verified through the biometric verification process. After finishing all these phases, applicants get joining in the allotted banks.
The selection of the eligible candidates will be taken wisely in a very transparent and fair manner. In case any applicant misses any document during the interview process, they will get another opportunity to show the valid documents.
Get Other Highly Important Essentials for IBPS SO Exam
IBPS SO Syllabus & Exam pattern 2021
The students must check the IBPS SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern to know the subjects and important topics that will be covered in the SO Prelims and Mains Exam so as to prepare accordingly. It will help in enhancing the students’ probability to score high.
Also, before appearing in the Prelims 2021 Exam, you must know the complete details of the Exam Pattern of IBPS SO Prelims Exam so as to prepare yourself efficiently and appear with the confidence to get good scores.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to IBPS SO Selection Process
1. Who conducts the IBPS SO Selection Process?
IBPS SO Selection Process is done by IBPS.
2. In how many banks will I get a job after clearing the IBPS SO exam?
Candidates will get a job in any of the 11 participating public sector banks.
3. Are there any cut-off marks in IBPS 2021 SO Exam?
Yes, there are sectional and overall cut-off in SO Exam.
4. Is the IBPS SO Exam difficult?
Yes, but if applicants have prepared well with the help of the IBPS SO Preparation Strategy, passing the IBPS SO exam is not difficult.
5. What is the reserve list’s percentage in IBPS SO?
IBPS keeps at least 10% of the available openings in reserve. Provisional allotment from the reserve list is performed according to the banks’ needs.
6. What happens when I pass the IBPS SO Final exam?
The participating banks handle the joining formalities for chosen applicants.
7. What are the age criteria for IBPS SO 2021 to fill the application form for IBPS SO 2021?
For the IBPS SO Exam, the minimum age limit is 20 years and the Maximum age limit is 30 years.
8. I belong to the GEN category. How much is the IBPS SO Application Fee for me?
You have to pay Rs. 600/- as IBPS SO exam fee.
We have covered a detailed guide on the IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2021. If you have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.