SSC CGL Exam Preparation Books, Exam pattern with Essential Tips
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. It conducts SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non graduate posts in various Organizations of the Government of India.
SSC CGL books, study materials and previous year question Papers help students to prepare better by understanding the type of questions that usually come in the exam. and give a idea about changes in the exam for every year. Previous years’ papers help to understand the pattern and how the difficulty levels have evolved over the years. It helps you in measure your strengths and weaknesses.
Following are the most important books for SSC CGL :
- S.S.C. Combined Graduate Level Exam. (For Tier I & II)
- SSC Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Recruitment Exam Group-C
- SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (For TIER I And II)
- Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level (10 + 2) Exam. Solved Paper
- SSC Lower Division Clerk & Data Entry Operator (10 + 2) In Hindi
- SSC CGL Exam 2017 A Complete Guide
- SSC Reasoning Verbal And Non Verbal Guide For CGL CHSL MTS GD Constable
- Quick Arithmetics Short-Cut Methods Of Solving The Problems
Key Points SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials :
- Analyze Your Performance.
- Previous year papers will help you track the time spent in solving the paper and your level of efficiency.
- Determine your speed & accuracy.
- Identify your strong & weak areas.
- Gives you base to begin with your preparations
- The probability of previous years asked questions is very high.
- Helps you to formulate important topics
- Identify important questions
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for SSC CGL includes four tiers :
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CGL Exam 2017 for Tier 1
|S. No||Subject Name||No. of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||60 min|
|Total Marks||200||200 Marks|
SSC CGL Exam 2017 for Tier 2
|Exam Type||Part||Subject Names||Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Written Exam||I||Quantitative Ability||100 Q||200 M||2 Hrs|
|II||English & Comprehension||200 Q||200 M|
|III||Statistics||100 Q||200 M|
|IV||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100 Q||200 M|
SSC CGL Exam 2017 for Tier 3
The Tier 3 paper is introduced in SSC CGL exam to test the writing skills of the students. The total marks for the Tier-3 exam are 100 And you were allotted 60 minutes to complete it. Letter or Application writing of 150 t0 200 words and Minimum Qualifying marks are 33%.
SSC CGL Exam 2017 for Tier 4
The Tier 4 paper is introduced Data Entry Skill and Computer Proficiency Test. The Skill Test is for Tax Assistant Post applicants and Computer Proficiency Test is for Assistant Section Officer posts.