The SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination is an annual recruitment exam conducted for
mid-level posts such as assistant audit officers, excise and income tax inspectors, assistants, assistant
enforcement officer and tax assistants in various central departments, ministries and their subordinate
offices. With a pay scale in the ball park of Rs 20,000 to 34,000 per month (depending on the job profile),
the security of a government job, and dismal employment opportunities for plain graduates in most other
sectors, the SSC
CGL examination is a sought-after career goal.
Therefore, a good study plan aimed at cracking this examination must involve practicing with SSC CGL
previous year papers daily. Aspirants must focus on solving all the sections of the SSC CGL exam
question papers and use the insights gained in the process to build a sound preparation strategy. This
thorough approach will not only help you crack the exam but also bolster your chances of scoring high.
To be able to grasp the right approach to solving SSC CGL previous year Question papers, you first
need a clear idea about the exam pattern. The SSC CGL recruitment process is divided in four tiers, of
which Tier I and Tier II are online objective-type exams, where as Tier III exam is an offline exam of a
descriptive nature that can be taken in either English or Hindi. Tier IV of the examination is a skill test or
computer proficiency test, depending on the job profile.
The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam comprises four sections – general intelligence and reasoning, general
awareness and GK, quantitative aptitude, and English language and comprehension – with a total of 100
questions carrying a total of 200 marks. Similarly, the Tier 2 exam is also divided into four sections –
quantitative ability, statistics, general studies (finance and economics), and English language and
comprehension – comprising a total of 100 questions carrying 200 marks. The Tier 3 exam involves
writing essays, letters, applications or précis. It’s a 100-mark paper that can be attempted in either Hindi
The Right Approach to Solving SSC CGL Previous Year Papers
With a fair idea of what the SSC CGL examination process entail, you can get started on solving SSC
CGL previous year papers. Even though the exam pattern has undergone some changes over the years, the
SSC CGL exam question papers can still offer you an understanding of the nature of the exam.
Therefore, these must serve as the corner stone of your preparation. Here is how you must approach your
practice attempts with SSC CGL previous year papers to make the most of this exercise:
- Start by going through the entire paper before you begin attempting the paper.
- Once you know what the SSC CGL previous year papers entail, prepare a mental plan on how to
attempt the questions in a methodical manner. This will help you get through the entire paper
within the allocated time limit.
- Decide which questions you want to attempt first and which ones to leave out.
- Time yourself to make sure you don’t overshoot the time limit of the exam.
- Skip the question you do not know the answer to. Since there is a provision of negative marking in
the Tier I and II exams, you must only attempt questions you are almost a 100 per cent sure about.
- Once you have finished attempting the paper, evaluate your answers honestly and objectively.
- Go through all the incorrect answers and try to understand where you went wrong, so that you do
not repeat the same mistakes in the actual examination.
Benefits of Solving SSC CGL Previous Year Papers
As mentioned before, solving SSC CGL exam question papers helps you build a strong preparation
strategy. Here’s how:
- Solving SSC CGL previous year papers helps you recognise how the exam pattern has changed
over the years and brace for similar challenges that might come your way.
- It helps you develop a deep understanding of the exact nature of the exam.
- Attempting SSC CGL past year papers will help you improve on your speed and accuracy,
which will be a huge benefit when appearing for the actual exam.
- You will be able to identify the kind of questions that are repeated in the SSC CGL exam year
after year. Focussing on these will help you land a high score in the examination
At KopyKitab, we have curated a wide selection of SSC CGL previous year question papers PDF
options, which include SSC CGL Tier 1 previous year question papers PDF download,
SSC CGL Tier 2 previous year question papers
and SSC CGL Tier 3 previous year question papers.
In addition to this, we also have a complete range of SSC CGL Books
that can help improve your
preparedness for the exam.