CBSE Syllabus for Class 8: The national level, ‘Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India’ takes care of the secondary along with the higher secondary education in our country. CBSE handles the work related to the designing of the syllabus along with the marking of individual sections although the student’s school officials themselves conduct the main exams.
The main aim of CBSE is to help students will all the mandatory guidelines to provide them a life track on ‘what students have to do in a whole 1 year of a specific class.’ Usually, the NCERT curriculum is applicable for the class 8th standard students studying in schools affiliated with CBSE Board. The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 will contain all the necessary details about the topics and different chapters a student has to study in a particular academic year.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 2021 – All Subjects
It becomes quintessential for the students appearing for the examination to be well versed with the CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 2021 to be well prepared in advance. They should have everything in their tips related to the units, subjects, subsections, marking scheme, date, day of the exam, etc. It will avoid last-minute chaos and will boost the morale of the student. This will also lead to better scores. This article apart from providing the CBSE class 8 syllabus 2021 for all the subjects will also help you with the ‘Tips & Tricks’ on how to effectively and efficiently utilize the syllabus.
At kopykitab, the team aims to fast track your search for quality education tips. Our main technique is to provide you the right guidance by holding your hand from the beginning until the end by giving you a path where you have all the relevant study materials to help students grow not only academically but overall.
Teachers often call 8th class as ‘A Baby Class’, as the real struggle starts from 8th standard. But, they also suggest that without clearing the basics taught in class 8, students will find difficulty in clearing other classes. Hence, class 8th is the root that decides how confidently a student will be able to clear 9th, 10th & 11th class.
So, if you are a student who is going to appear for a class 8th examination, it’s extremely important for you to understand the vitality of the CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 2021 initially to have the clarity in your mind, according to which you can make your study schedule on how much hours you have to give on which subject and its chapters.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Maths 2020-21
Mathematics is one of the most important subjects and should not be taken lightly as it determines the basic analytical and calculation skills of the students, which is a prerequisite for every future job. Students can know the mathematics syllabus in advance even before getting admitted into class 8. They are required to check the CBSE website or syllabus announced by them online, download the syllabus, and can start preparing for class 8 by NCERT books.
CBSE syllabus for class 8 will help the students to get ready in advance before the exams take place. Note down whatever problem comes your way while working on the questions. Make note of it and clarify the next day with your teachers. This will help you score good marks in the exam.
You can download the CBSE class 8 syllabus Math PDF here for the year 2020-21.
Meanwhile, Students can check the latest updated math’s CBSE syllabus for class 8 below:
1st Chapter: Rational
- Properties of Rational Numbers
- Representation of Rational Numbers on the Number Line
- Rational Number between Two Rational Numbers
2nd Chapter: Linear Equations in One Variable
- Solving Equations which have Linear Expressions on one Side and Numbers on the Other Side
- Some Applications
- Solving Equations having the Variable on both sides
- Some More Applications
- Reducing Equations to Simpler Form
- Equations Reducible to the Linear Form
3rd Chapter: Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Some of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon
- Kinds of Quadrilaterals
- Some Special Parallelograms
4th Chapter: Practical Geometry
- Constructing a Quadrilateral
- Some Special Cases
5th Chapter: Data Handling
- Looking for Information
- Organizing Data
- Grouping Data
- Circle Graph or Pie Chart
- Chance and ProbabilityChapter
6th Chapter: Squares and Square Roots
- Properties of Square Numbers
- Some More Interesting Patterns
- Finding the Square of a Number
- Square Roots
- Square Roots of Decimals
- Estimating Square Root
7th Chapter: Cubes and Cube Roots
- Cubes Roots
8th Chapter: Comparing Quantities
- Recalling Ratios and Percentages
- Finding the Increase and Decrease Percent
- Finding Discounts
- Prices Related to Buying and Selling (Profit and Loss)
- Sales Tax/Value Added Tax/Goods and Services Tax
- Compound Interest
- Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest
- Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi-Annually)
- Applications of Compound Interest Formula
9th Chapter: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- What are Expressions?
- Terms, Factors, and Coefficients
- Monomials, Binomials, and Polynomials
- Like and Unlike Terms
- Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
- Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction
- Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial
- Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial
- Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial
- What is Identity?
- Standard Identities
- Applying Identities
10th Chapter: Visualising Solid Shapes
- View of 3D-Shapes
- Mapping Space Around Us
- Faces, Edges and Vertices
11th Chapter: Mensuration
- Let us Recall
- Area of Trapezium
- Area of General Quadrilateral
- Area of Polygons
- Solid Shapes
- Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid, and Cylinder
- Volume of Cube, Cuboid, and Cylinder
- Volume and Capacity
12th Chapter: Exponents and Powers
- Powers with Negative Exponents
- Laws of Exponents
- Use of Exponents to Express Small Numbers in Standard Form
13th Chapter: Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Direct Proportion
- Inverse Proportion
14th Chapter: Factorisation
- What is Factorisation?
- Division of Algebraic Expressions
- Division of Algebraic Expressions Continued (Polynomial / Polynomial)
- Can you Find the Error?
15th Chapter: Introduction to Graphs
- Linear Graphs
- Some Applications
16th Chapter: Playing with Numbers
- Numbers in General Form
- Game with Numbers
- Letters for Digits
- Test of Divisibility
Maximum questions are direct from NCERT but this doesn’t mean that you should skip extra practice. Practice from other helping books as well. Solve last year’s question papers, watch the pattern, marking scheme. This will make you sharp and bright for future entrance exams.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Hindi
Hindi is the crucial language to learn if you are staying and studying in India. CBSE has perfectly designed every chapter of Hindi subject for class 8 students. Right knowledge about the exam syllabus before appearing for the exam will make sure that the student is confident enough to clear the exam with good scores. Students should stick to the Cbse class 8 syllabus Hindi, to perform well in the exams.
You can download the CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Hindi PDF here for 2020-21!
Below are the chapter-wise topics for Cbse class 8 syllabus Hindi for the academic year 2020-21.
- Chapter-1. ध्वनि (किवता)
- Chapter-2. लाख की चूिड़या (कहानी)
- Chapter-3. बस की यात्रा
- Chapter-4. दीवानों की हस्ती (किवता)
- Chapter-5. चीटियों की अनूठी दुिनया (निबंध )
- Chapter-6. भगवान के डािकए (किवता)
- Chapter-7. किया निराश हुआ जाए (निबंध )
- Chapter-8. यह सब से किठन समय नहीं (किवता)
- Chapter-9. कबीर की सखियाँ
- Chapter-10. कामचोर (कहानी)
- Chapter-11. जब सिनेमा ने बोलना सीखा
- Chapter-12. सुदामा चरित (किवता)
- Chapter-13. जहाँ पिहया है
- Chapter-14. अकबरी लोटा (कहानी)
- Chapter-15. सूर के पद (किवता)
- Chapter-16. पानी की कहानी (निबंध)
- Chapter-17. बाज और साँप (कहानी)
- Chapter-18. टोपी (कहानी)
- Chapter-1. गुिड़या
- Chapter-2. दो गोरैया
- Chapter-3. चिट्ठियों मैं यूरोप
- Chapter-4. ओस
- Chapter-5. नाटक मैं नाटक
- Chapter-6. सागार यात्रा
- Chapter-7. उठ किसान ओ
- Chapter-8. सस्ते का चक्कर
- Chapter-9. एक खिलाड़ी की कुछ यादें
- Chapter-10. बस की सैर
- Chapter-11. हिंदी ने जनकी जंदगी बदल दी
- Chapter-12. आषाढ़ का पहला दिन
- Chapter-13. अन्याय के खलाफ
- Chapter-14. बच्चोंके प्रिय श्री के शव शंकर पिल्लई
- Chapter-15. फर्श पर
- Chapter-16. बड़ी अम्मा की बात
- Chapter-17. वह सुबह कभी तो आएगी
- Chapter-18. आओ पित्रका निकाले
- Chapter-19. आहवान
3rd. Bharat Ki Khoj:
- Chapter-1. अहमदनगर का किला
- Chapter-2. तलाश
- Chapter-3. सिंधु घाटी सभ्यता
- Chapter-4. युगों का दौर
- Chapter-5. नयी समस्याएँ
- Chapter-6. अंतिम दौर -एक
- Chapter-7. अंतिम दौर -दो
- Chapter-8. तनाव
- Chapter-9. दो पृष्ठभूमिया – भारतीय और अंग्रेज़ी
- 4th. Sanshipt Budhcharit:
- अध्याय-1: आरंभिक जीवन
- अध्याय-2: अभिनिष्क्रमण
- अध्याय-3: ज्ञान प्राप्ति
- अध्याय-4: धर्मचक्र प्रवर्तन
- अध्याय-5: महापरिनिवार्ण
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science
Awareness about our history, our geography, our society is quintessential nowadays. Today’s students are the ones who are going to be the future helping society to stay in unity and progress. In the CBSE class 8 syllabus social science, we have included everything from kith and kin including all the chapters, units, marks scheme unit wise, subsections, time is taken/each subject, projects, practicals, activities of each chapter which a student will be studying in a particular course year to help a student having a clear picture of what they have to study.
You can download the CBSE syllabus for Class 8 social science PDF here.
Below is the chapter-wise demonstration of topics to be included in History, geography, political science for the year 2020-21.
‘Our Pasts III’ Textbook- Class 8
- How, When, and Where
- From Trade to Territory The Company Establishes Power
- Ruling the Countryside
- Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- When People Rebel 1857 and After
- Weavers, Iron Smelters, and Factory Owners
- Civilizing the “Native”, Educating the Nation
- Women, Caste and Reform
- The Making of the National Movement: 1870s–1947
- India After Independence
2nd. Social and Political Life
Unit-1: The Indian Constitution and Secularism
- Chapter-1: The Indian Constitution
- Chapter-2: Understanding Secularism
Unit-2: Parliament and The Making of Laws
- Chapter-3: Why do we need a Parliament?
- Chapter-4: Understanding Laws
Unit-3: The Judiciary
- Chapter-5: Judiciary
- Chapter-6: Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
Unit-4: Social Justice and The Marginalised
- Chapter-7: Understanding Marginalisation
- Chapter-8: Confronting Marginalisation
Unit-5: Economic Presence of the Government
- Chapter-9: Public Facilities
- Chapter-10: Law and Social Justice
- Chapter-1: Resources
- Chapter-2: Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
- Chapter-3: Mineral and Power Resources
- Chapter-4: Agriculture
- Chapter-5: Industries
- Chapter-6: Human Resources
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 English 2020-21
In life, whichever field you choose, English is going to be the common language that connects all in offices, professional meetings, etc. Apart from knowing their mother tongue, students need to practice English daily such that they can communicate with their teachers, friends, crack interviews with ease.
CBSE class 8 syllabus English has covered almost everything that students need to become self-confident while speaking in public. It includes a grammar section, poetry, phrases, composition, and prose. This language isn’t something that can be learned in a day, so practicing it since schools to understand where has, have, had is used in sentences becomes highly important. Understanding the Cbse class 8 syllabus English in advance will give students a hand up on what all they have to learn during their academic year 2020-21.
You can download the CBSE syllabus for Class 8 English PDF here for the academic year 2020-21.
Below is the chapter-wise detailed Cbse class 8 syllabus for English.
CBSE class 8 syllabus English (Honeydew – English Textbook for Class VIII)
- Chapter-1: The Best Christmas Present in the World
- Poem: The Ant and the Cricket
- Chapter-2: The Tsunami
- Poem: Geography Lesson
- Chapter-3: Glimpses of the Past
- Poem: Macavity -The Mystery Cat
- Chapter-4: Bepin Choudhury’s Lapse of Memory
- Poem: The Last Bargain
- Chapter-5: The Summit Within
- Poem: The School Boy
- Chapter-6: This is Jody’s Fawn
- Poem: The Duck and the Kangaroo
- Chapter-7: A Visit to Cambridge
- Poem: When I set out for Lyonnesse
- Chapter-8: A Short Monsoon Diary
- Poem: On the Grasshopper and Cricket
- Chapter-9: The Great Stone Face- I
- Chapter-10: The Great Stone Face- II
CBSE class 8 syllabus English (It So Happened- English Supplementary Reader)
- Chapter-1: How the Camel got his Hump
- Chapter-2: Children at work
- Chapter-3: The Selfish Giant
- Chapter-4: The Treasure within
- Chapter-5: Princess September
- Chapter-6: The Fight
- Chapter-7: The Open Window
- Chapter-8: Jalebis
- Chapter-9: The Comet- I
- Chapter-10: The Comet- II
- Chapter-11: Ancient Education System of India
CBSE class 8 syllabus English Grammar
Grammar is a vital subject among all. The content to be covered is mentioned below:
- Order of Words and Clauses
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Phrases and Idioms
- Comprehension Reading
CBSE class 8 syllabus English composition
Writing skills are equally as important as speaking skills. This part covers all the syllabus mentioned below of English writing assignments for CBSE Class 8.
- Formal and Informal Letters
- Diary Entry
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Science 2021
Science is one of the most important subjects. You cannot just memorize things and feel that you are going to be a scientist in the future! Your basics in science should be clear now such that you are ready for future entrance examinations. CBSE has put their heart and soul into designing the science curriculum. They through their research have covered all the relevant topics that are important not only today but tomorrow as well. Students are advised to prepare in advance so that there is no chaos a day before the exam.
You can download the CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Science PDF here for the academic year 2020-21.
Meanwhile, we are putting below all the chapters to be covered in Cbse class 8 syllabus Science.
- Chapter-1: Crop Production and Management
- Chapter-2: Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Chapter-3: Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Chapter-4: Materials – Metals and Non-Metals
- Chapter-5: Coal and Petroleum
- Chapter-6: Combustion and Flame
- Chapter-7: Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Chapter-8: Cell – Structure and Functions
- Chapter-9: Reproduction in Animals
- Chapter-10: Reaching the Age of Adolescence
- Chapter-11: Force and Pressure
- Chapter-12: Friction
- Chapter-13: Sound
- Chapter-14: Chemical Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter-15: Some Natural Phenomena
- Chapter-16: Light
- Chapter-17: Stars and The Solar System
- Chapter 18: Pollution of Air and Water
Along with studying the above-provided syllabus, students are requested to individually perform all the lab assignments, experiments, tasks presented in the syllabus. This will make sure that whatever theory they learn during each chapter; they can relate it to the real-life implementation of it. Even, the science lab manual for CBSE class 8 will help the students to work well on science projects.
CBSE Class 8 Syllabus 2021 Objectives
” Do things with an objective for a productive result.” The same thing applies to the designing of the curriculum. CBSE takes into account certain objectives while designing the pattern and setting the guidelines for the Class 8 Syllabus. Let us below talk about some of these crucial objectives:
- “Strong roots lead to sweet fruits”, we all have heard this slogan, aren’t you? This applies to real life as well. CBSE takes special care while setting objectives. They are intended to develop goal-setting skills, situation-handling skills, and basic people skills among class 8 students.
- To create intelligence among students about how information and technology can a smooth road to Mankind.
- To make students smart, active, competitive for the future.
- To enhance art and creativity skills among students.
- To improve learning as well as logical skills of students through the subjects social sciences, Mathematics, science, different languages.
How to make the best use of CBSE Class 8 syllabus 2021?
Everybody wants to make the best use of the curriculum. But the question is how? Read the below pointers until the last to grab the ways to make the best out of what you already have in your hands:
- Go through the syllabus, every sub-topic under each chapter at the beginning of the academic year.
- Take multiple printouts of the syllabus. Always carry on your bag and open it before the start of the class. Also, stick it on your room cupboard to keep a constant reminder of what you are going to study while you are at home.
- Make separate notes of whatever you study.
- Clarify your doubts with your school and tuition teachers as soon as you face them.
- Mark the syllabus with the dark marker whenever you complete one chapter. This will help you keep a note of how much progress a student has made so far.
- Daily practicing at least 5-10 questions & answers of each subject will help you grasp things faster and clear your subject basics.
- Improve your time management skills to score high at the end of the examination.
- Set daily, weekly, and monthly targets of course completion.
- Make the best use of your NCERT books as 90% of questions of CBSE boards are directly from the book.