RTU Syllabus Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester: To prepare any exam correctly, you must have latest syllabus and marking scheme. The latest Electronics Communication Engineering Syllabus and marking scheme will provide you the idea about the important chapters and concepts to be covered in all subjects. It will help you to boost your preparation for the 8th-semester exam.
If you are planning to crack the various competitive exams like Gate, IES with depth knowledge in every topic of RTU Syllabus Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester 2020.
Here we are providing you the complete guide on RTU Syllabus Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester 2020 and Marking Scheme.
RTU Syllabus Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester 2020
With the latest RTU Syllabus Electronics And Communication Engineering 8th Semester, you can know the important sections and their respective weightage. It will also help you to create the right preparation plan and score a better mark in all subjects in the semester exam.
You must have Electronics Communication 8th Semester books & study materials, Previous years questions paper along with the latest Electronics Communication 8th sem Syllabus to enhance your semester exam preparation,
Before starting the complete guide on RTU Syllabus Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester 2020, let’s check the highlights of RTU from the table below.
RTU Kota Highlights:
|Formation||Govt. of Rajasthan|
|Type of University||State|
|University Location||Rajasthan Technical University,
Rawathbhata Road Kota-324010, Rajasthan, India.
Check the latest syllabus for RTU Syllabus Electronics And Communication Engineering 8th Semester from below.
Radar & TV Engineering
- RADAR – Radar Block diagram, frequencies and applications. Radar range equation. Continuous wave (CW) & FM radar; Moving target indicator (MTI): Delay line cancellers, blind velocity Pulse Doppler Radar. Tracking radar sequential lobbing, Conical scan and monopulse radar, Types of display, Radar receivers, Noise figure. NAVIGATIONAL AIDS – Principle of operation of Radar direction finder & range system. LORAN system, DME, TACAN, Aircraft landing systems.
- V. systems. Block diagram of T.V. transmitters. Principles of Monochrome and colour T.V.system (PAL, SECAM, NTSC). Theory of scanning standards, Composite video signal analysis. T.V Cameras : Image orthicon, plumbicon, vidicon and CCD camera tubes. Types of Analog Monochrome and colour picture tubes,
- Processing and transmission of TV signals: Modulation of video and sound signals, Vestigial side band transmission, Compatibility of colour and monochrome frequency interleaving & transmission of colour signals, Picture, sound and colour sub carriers. Encoding picture information. Generation of colour, colour difference and Chrominance signal modulation.TV transmission & reception antennas.
- Basic circuits of TV RECEIVER: Functional block diagram of T.V. receiver, R.F. Tuner, I.F. amplifier, Video detector, video amplifier, AGC, Synch. Separation, Sync. Processing and AFC. Deflection oscillators, vertical & horizontal deflection and sound system circuits. EHT generation. Common faults and their diagnosis. Basic idea of HDTV, DBS-TV and 3D-TV.
- MODERN TV SYSTEM: Digital transmission and reception of TV signals, DISHTV, DTH and cable TV, transmission of TV signals through Satellite and Transponders, working principles of HDTV, DBS-TV, IPTV and 3D-TV. Modern TV receiver with LCD, LED and Plasma displays.
- Monochrome and colour Television , R R Gulathi, Wiley Eastern Ltd. (2007).
- Introduction to Radar System, 3rd, M I Skolink, MGH. (2003).
- Television Engineering and Video System, R G Gupta, MGH
- Television and Video Engineering , A M Dhake, MGH
- Nathanson, F.E., “Radar Design Principles”, McGraw-Hill Inc.,
- Principles, Technology, Applications, Prentice Hall
- K.Barton, Modern radar systems analysis, Artech House,
- Microwave and radar engineering, G.S.B. Rao, Pearson P.
Mems And Nanotechnology
- Introduction to Nanoelectronics: Top Down and Bottom UP Approach, Nanotechnology Potentials, Idea of band structure – Metals, Insulators and Semiconductors. Effect of crystal size on density of states and band gap, Electronic structure of nanoparticles. Nanostructured crystals, Size and dimensionality effects – Single electron tunneling – Applications – Superconductivity, Graphenes and CNT.
- Nano Fabrication and Patterning Techniques: Si processing methods, Cleaning/etching, Oxidation, Gettering, doping, Epitaxy. CVD & MOCVD, Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), Liquid Phase Techniques, Self assembly and catalysis. Etching: Wet and Dry, Nanolithography, Nanoimprinting, X- Ray Lithography(XRL), Particle beam lithography(e-beam, FIB, shadow mask evaporation),
- General Characterization Techniques: X- Ray Diffraction studies – Bragg’s law – particle size – Scherrer’s equation, Infrared Spectroscopy of Semiconductors, Raman Spectroscopy, Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), NMR Spectroscopy, ESR Spectroscopy. photo electron spectroscopy(XPS)- SEM,TEM,STM, Atomic force microscopy(AFM).
- Electrical, Magnetic, Mechanical and Optical Properties and Applications: Electronic and electrical properties -One dimensional systems-Metallic nanowires, Quantum dots -Two dimensional systems – Quantum wells. Magnetic properties -Transport in a magnetic field. Mechanical properties, Optical properties, Evolving interfaces of Nano in NanoBiology, Nano Sensors and Nanomedicines.
- MEMS and Microsystems: Evolution of Micro Fabrication – Micro Systems and Microelectronics. Application of MEMS in Various Fields. Introduction – Substrate and Wafer, Active Substrate Material. Silicon as a substrate material, MEMS packaging. Case study on pressure sensor with packaging.
- Nano Essentials, T Pradeep, Mc Graw Hill, (2008).
- Nanotechnology-Enabled Sensors, Kourosh Kalantar-zadehand Benjamin Fry, Springer, (2007).
- Fundamental of Nanoelectronics, George W. Hanson, Pearson
- Principal of Nanotechnology, G. A. Mansoori, Wiley
- Mems and Micro Systems, Mahalik, TMH
- MEMS, Gabriel, Wiley
- MEMS, A.R. Jha, CRC
- Nano Fabrication, CRC
- MEMS & Microsystems, Design and Manufacture, Tai-Ran HSU, TMH
- Queuing Theory– Pure birth, Pure death & Birth-death processes, Mathematical models for M/M/1, M/M/∞, M/M/m, M/M/1/K and
M/M/m/m queues. Little’s formula.
- Physical and Data link layer – OSI model & TCP/IP reference models, Line coding schemes, Packet & Circuit switching, Virtual circuit network, Framing, Simplex protocol, Simplex stop & wait protocol, Sliding window protocol, Go back N protocol, selective repeat, HDLC, PPP
- MAC Sublayer– Static & dynamic channel allocation, Multiple Access Protocols: ALOHA, slotted ALOHA, CSMA, Token Bus, Token Ring, FDDI IEEE standards 1002.3 & 1002.5, Virtual circuit network: frame relay & ATM frame and protocol architecture, Network connection devices: Hubs, Bridges, switches, Routers and Gateways
- Network Layer– IPv4 & IPv6 addressing and datagram, Internetworking, Non-adaptive & Adaptive routing algorithms, Distance vector routing and Link state routing algorithms, OSPF and BGP
- Transport and Application Layer– Client server paradigm, TCP frame format, Data traffic descriptors, QoS, Congestion and its control algorithms, Improving QoS by different queuing schemes, leaky bucket and token bucket implementation, Domain name, DNS in the internet, SMTP, FTP, WWW, HTTP.
- Forouzan, “Data Communications and Networks”, 5th ed., Mcgraw-Hill, (2006).
- Tanenbaum, “Computer Network”, 5th ed., Pearson Education
- Leon Garcia, Widjaja, “Communication Networks’, 2nd ed., Mcgraw-Hill
- Stallings, “Data and Computer Communications”, 10th ed., Pearson Education
- Bertsekas, Gallager, “Data Networks”, 2nd ed., PHI
- Computer Networks, Dave, cengage learning
- Fundamentals of Networking and Data Communications, White, cengage learning
- Introduction – History, Operating system services, types, responsibilities, generations, LINUX, WINDOWS.
- Process Management– Operations on process, Process state, Scheduling, Criteria, scheduling algorithms, Evaluation, Synchronization, Semaphores, Monitors.
- Memory Management– Swapping, Continuous memory allocation, Paging, Pure paging, Demand paging, Page-replacement algorithms, thrashing, Example-Pentium, Disk Scheduling.
- Information Management– File and directory concept, Access methods, Protection, Free space management, Efficiency and performance, Access matrix, Capability-based systems, Program- threats, User authentication, Firewall.
- Dead Locks– System model, Dead lock characterization, Deadlock prevention, Avoidance, Detection, Recovery, Classic problems of synchronization.
- Operating Systems, Dhamdhere, TMH, (2006).
- Operating System: Crowley, TMH, (1996).
- Modern Operating Systems, Andrew S Tanenbaum, PHI
- Operating Systems:, Pal Chaudhury, PHI
- Operating System Principles, Peter B. Galvin, Greg Gagne, John Wiley & Sons
- Operating Systems, Gary Nutt, Pearson
- Operating Systems: Internals And Design Principles, William Stallings, Pearson
- Understanding Operating System , Flynn, cengage learning
- Operating Systems: Principles, Design and Applications , cengage learning
Micro Controllers & Embedded Systems
- The 8051 Microcontroller: Introduction, The 8051 microcontroller hardware, I/O pins, Ports, External memory, Counters and
Timers, Serial data.
- 8051 Assembly Language Programming: Addressing modes, External data moves, Stack,Push and Pop opcodes, Logical operations, Byte level and bit level logical operations. Arithmetic operations, Jump and call instructions, Interrupts & returns.
- Real Time Control: Interrupts, Multiple sources of interrupts, Non maskable sources of interrupts, Interrupt structure in 8051,Timers,Free running counter & Real Time control .
- System Design: Serial I/O interface, Parallel I/O ports interface, Digital and Analog interfacing methods, LED array, keyboard, Printer, Flash memory interfacing.
- Introduction To Embeded System: Application of Microcontrollers in interfacing, MCU based measuring instruments. Real Time Operating System for System Design, Multitasking System, Task Definition in a Multitasking System, Round Robin Scheduling, Full Preemptive Scheduling, Basic study and Features of Commercial
- RTOS : WINCE and Embedded Linux.
- Kenneth J.Ayala, “The 8051 Micro controller”, Penram Interfacing Publishing, 1996.
- Rajkamal, “Embedded Systems” TMH
- A Textbook of Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, R. Thegarajan, Scitech Publishers
- The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems, Using Assembly and C, K Ayala & D. Gadre, Cengage Learning
- The 8051 Microcontrollers & Embedded Systems,Mazidi, ,PHI
- The 8051 Microcontroller, Ayala, cengage learning
- The 8051 Microcontroller & Embedded Systems using Assembly and C, Ayala /Gadre cengage learning
- A Textbook of Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, R.S. Kaler I. K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- Embedded Systems & Robots: Projects Using the 8051 Microcontroller , cengage learning
- Embedded System Design Using C8051 , Huang , cengage learning
- Embedded Microcomputer System Real Time Interfacing, Valvano , cengage learning
- Design and fabricate the following Planar Transmission Lines:
- Stripline and microstrip lines
- Parallel coupled striplines and microstrip lines
- Slot lines and Coplanar lines
- Measure their S-parameters and Characteristic impedance.
- Design and Fabricate the following;
- 3-dB branchline coupler,
- backward wave coupler,
- Wilkinson power dividers
- Low pass filters
- band pass filters.
- Measure their S-parameters & frequency responses.
- Design, fabrication, and measurement of RF amplifier using microwave BJT.
Industrial Economics & Management
- Framework of industrial economics – organizational forms and alternative motives of the firm, industrial efficiency, theory of profitability, market structure, principles of costing.
- Approaches to industrial location analysis, Productivity analysis, Input-Output analysis, Concentration of economic power. New Industrial Policy – Critical analysis, Role of technology and entrepreneurship in industrial development.
- Industrial project appraisal– classification of industries, industrial legislations in India, recent trends in MNCs, LPG, FDI &joint ventures, methods of project evaluation-NPV,CBA,IRR, break-even analysis.
- Management – Principles of management, functions of management- planning,organizing,staffing,directing,controlling,co-ordinating,decision making
- Emerging issues – Total quality management, JIT , quality circle, KANBAN, benchmarking, six sigma, quality management, ,ISO 9000, ISO 14000 , Customer relationship management ( CRM ) .
- Subburay, Total quality management, TMH. (2011)
- Barthwal R.R- industrial economics. wiley eastern limited
- Tirole jean – the theory of industrial organization . MIT PRESS
- Ahluwalia I.J – industrial growth in india . Oxford university press
- Divine P.J and R.M jones et Al- an introduction In industrial economics .George allen &Unwin limited London.
- Peter F. drucker – principles and practice of management . Prentice hall ltd .
VLSI Design & Optical Fiber Lab
- PART-I: Design and simulation of following VLSI circuits using EDA Tools (Software) Schematic design and make Device Level Layout of following circuits.
- Design 2-input NAND, NOR and XOR using CMOS logic. Obtain its static and dynamic analysis for speed and power dissipation.
- Design 2X1 and 4X1 Multiplexer using Transmission Gate (TG. Obtain its static and dynamic analysis for speed and power dissipation.
- Design a SR-latch and D-latch using CMOS. Obtain its static and dynamic analysis for speed and power dissipation.
- Design a SRAM and DRAM Memory Cell. Obtain its static and dynamic analysis for speed and power dissipation.
- PART-II Design and simulation of following VLSI circuits using VHDL and then burn/implement the circuits on FPGA kit for real input.
- Design a 4- bit parallel Adder. Obtain its number of gates, area, and speed and power dissipation.
- Design a 4- bit Serial in-serial out shift register. Obtain its number of gates, area, and speed and power dissipation.
- Design a 4 bit binary synchronous counter. Obtain its number of gates, area, and speed and power dissipation.
- PART-III. To perform following experiments based on Fiber Optic Trainer.
- To set up Fiber Optic Analog link.
- To set up fiber Optic Digital link.
- Measurement of Propagation loss and numerical aperture.
- Characterization (VI Characteristics) of laser diode and light emitting diode.
All Semester Syllabus for RTU Electronics Communication Engineering
You should have the following syllabus to boost your exam preparation for the RTU Electronics Communication Engineering.
Click on the link to access all semester syllabus related to Electronics Communication Engineering.
- 3rd Semester Electronics Communication Syllabus & Marking Scheme
- 4th Semester Electronics Communication Syllabus & Marking Scheme
- 5th Semester Electronics Communication Syllabus & Marking Scheme
- 6th Semester Electronics Communication Syllabus & Marking Scheme
- 7th Semester Electronics Communication Syllabus & Marking Scheme
RTU Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester Marking Scheme
Here you can check the latest Electronics Communication Engineering 8th Semester Marking Scheme.
|Course Code||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGG||Hrs. / Week|
|SEMESTER – VIII||1||L||T||P||IA||Exam||Total|
|8EC2A||Radar & TV Engineering||3||1||20||80||100|
|8EC3A||MEMS and Nanotechnology||3||1||20||80||100|
|8EC4.3A||Microcontroller and Embedded
|8EC5A||RF Fabrication Lab||3||60||40||100|
|8EC6A||Industrial Economics & Management.||2||30||20||50|
|8EC7A||VLSI & Optical Fiber Lab||3||60||40||100|
|8ECDCA||Discipline & Extra Curricular Activity||50|
Meaning Of various letters:
- L: Lecture, T: Tutorial, P: Practical, Cr: Credits ETE: End Term Exam, IA: Internal Assessment
We have covered the complete guide on RTU Syllabus Civil Engineering 8th Semester 2020. feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below