NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry are all covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science. To do well in the Class 10 Board Exams, candidates must have a thorough understanding of the NCERT Class 10 Physics, NCERT Class 10 Chemistry and NCERT Class 10 Biology based on the syllabus.
Download Chapter-Wise NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
To practise the NCERT Class 10 Science Solution for each chapter, simply click on the specific chapter links provided below.
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compounds
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 6 Life Processes
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 7 Control and Coordination
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 12 Electricity
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 15 Our Environment
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources
NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science: Chapter-Wise Brief
Let us have a look at what each of the chapters in the NCERT Syllabus of Class 10 Science deals with:
Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations – Term 1
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 1, you will learn the concepts related to chemical reactions and equations. Here, you will know the different types of reactions taking place in the surrounding.
Some important topics explained in Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations are:
- Writing and balancing chemical equations
- Different types of chemical reactions
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- Effects of oxidation reactions in everyday life: Corrosion & Rancidity
Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts – Term 1
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 2, you will know the difference between acids, bases, and salts. It also deals with various types of reactions related to these three forms of chemical compounds.
Some important topics involved in Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts are:
- Chemical properties of acids and bases
- The reaction between acids and bases
- Reactions of metal carbonates and metal hydrogen carbonates with acids
- The reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- The reaction of non-metallic oxide with base
- Acid or base in a water solution
- Determining the strengths of acid or base solutions
- Importance of pH in everyday life
- Nature and formation of different salts
- Chemicals from common salt
Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals – Term 1
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 3, you will learn all the aspects related to metals and non-metals like their physical/chemical properties, reactiveness, and various chemical reactions.
Important topics covered in Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals are:
- Physical properties of metals and non-metals
- Chemical properties of metals and non-metals
- Reactions of metals and non-metals
- Occurrence and extraction of metals
- Corrosion and its prevention
Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compounds – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4, you will learn to solve problems about Carbon, and its Compounds chapter describes various features of carbon element and different compounds formed by it.
Give below are the main topics covered in Class 10 Science Chapter 4:
- Bonding in Carbon
- Saturated and Unsaturated Carbon Compounds
- Homologous Series
- Nomenclature of carbon Compounds
- Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds
- Properties of some important carbon compounds: Ethanol and Ethanoic Acid
Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 5, here you will know the various concepts related to the classification of elements.
The concepts discussed in Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements are:
- Dobereiner’s Triads
- Newlands’ Law Of Octaves
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table: Its merits and demerits
- The Modern Periodic Table
- Position of Elements in Modern Periodic Table
- Trends in the Modern Periodic Table
Chapter 6 Life Processes – Term 1
NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 6 deals with the various biological processes and reactions taking place in organisms.
Important topics covered in Chapter 6 Life Processes are:
- What are Life Process?
- Nutrition in Organisms: Autotrophic and Heterotrophic Nutrition
- How do organisms obtain their nutrition
- Nutrition in human beings: Respiration, Transportation, and Excretion
- Excretion in human beings and Plants
Chapter 7 Control and Coordination
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7, you will know the details of different ways in which organisms respond to the stimuli. Here you also get to know about the human nervous system, automatics and voluntary actions, exocrine and endocrine glands, etc.
You have to practice the following concepts before working on NCERT Science solutions:
- The nervous system of human beings
- Reflex actions and their path
- The action of nervous tissues
- Coordination In Plants
- Different ways in which plants respond to stimulus
- The action of different hormones in animals
Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce? – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8, you will come to know the different methods of reproduction in plants and animals and get aware of the various methods of birth control in humans.
Some of the important topics discussed in “How do Organisms Reproduce?” are:
- Modes of asexual reproduction: Fission, Fragmentation, Regeneration, Budding, Vegetative propagation, Spore Formation
- Sexual reproduction and its significance
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Reproduction in Human Beings
- Reproductive systems in human male and female
- The process involved in fertilization of an egg
- Reproductive Health and different ways of birth control
Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9, you will find the details related to heredity and evolution of different species. Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection are also discussed here.
You will learn the major topics as mentioned below in Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution:
- Variations observed in different generations
- Rules for Inheritance of Traits
- Mendel’s experiments on the expression of traits generation to generation
- Sex determination
- Acquired and Inherited Traits
- Tracing Evolutionary Relationships
- Human Evolution
Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction – Term 1
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 10, you will develop the concepts of reflection and refraction of light. It also explains the Image formation by a plane mirror/curved mirrors and lenses.
The topics to learn from Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction are:
- Reflection of light
- Image formation by spherical mirrors
- Sign convention for reflection by spherical mirrors
- Mirror formula and magnification
- Refraction of Light
- Refraction through a rectangular glass slab
- Refractive index
- Refraction by spherical lenses
- Image formation by spherical lenses
- Sign Convention for refraction by spherical lenses
- Lens Formula and Magnification
- Power of Lens
Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World – Term 1
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 11, you will know each and every detail of the human eye from its structure to its working. Various defects of vision are also discussed here. It also describes atmospheric refraction and various phenomena related to it.
The important topics discussed in Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World are:
- Structure and working of the human eye
- Power of accommodation of the human eye
- Defects of vision and their correction
- Refraction of light through a prism
- Dispersion of white light through a glass prism
- Atmospheric refraction and its effects
- Scattering of light (Tyndall Effect) and its applications in nature
Chapter 12 Electricity – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 12, you will find the solutions on electric current, its applications, and various effects related to it.
You have to learn the following topics in Chapter 12 Electricity:
- Introduction to electric current
- Potential difference
- Ohm’s law and its graphical representation
- Factors on which the resistance of the conductor depends – Resistivity
- Resistors in series and parallel: Calculation of resultant resistance in the series, current, and voltage across each resistor
- Advantage of parallel combination over the series combination
- Heating effects of the electric circuit: Joule’s law of the heating effect of electric current
- Electric fuse
Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 13, you will learn about the magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, AC and DC generator, Advantages of AC over DC, and domestic electric circuits.
Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current includes the following major topics:
- Magnetic field and its representation as field lines
- Magnetic field due to current carrying conductor
- Magnetic field due to the current through a straight conductor
- Right-hand thumb rule
- Magnetic field due to a current through a circular loop
- Magnetic field due to a current in a solenoid
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field
- Electric motor
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electric generator
- Domestic electric circuits
Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 14, you will come to know about different forms of energy, and their sources are discussed in this chapter.
The main topics explained in Chapter 14 Sources of Energy are:
- The ideal source of energy
- Conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, thermal power plant, hydropower plants
- Biomass and wind energy as major energy resources
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: Solar Energy, Energy from Sea, Geothermal Energy, Nuclear Energy
- Renewable and non-renewable sources of energy and their availability in the long run
Chapter 15 Our Environment – Term 2
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15, you will know about the various components of environment components and how human activities are affecting the environment.
Some of the important topics discussed in Chapter 15 Our Environment are:
- Ecosystem and its components
- Food chains and webs
- Ozone Layer and its depletion
- Managing the garbage, we Produce
Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources – Only for Internal Assessment
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16, you will get to know about the different natural resources, their advantages, and conservation efforts.
You will learn the following concepts in Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources:
- Natural resources and their management
- Management of forests and wildlife
- Water harvesting
- Management of fossil fuels; Coal and Petroleum
Why Choose Kopykitab Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2?
By choosing the NCERT Class 10 Science Solution from Kopykitab, you will get tremendous benefits. Some of the benefits are as given below:
- The solutions are written in simple language so that students are not confused when they refer to it.
- For all of the exercise questions listed in each chapter, the answers are thoroughly explained.
- Students will be able to solve the sample papers as well as the previous year’s question paper if they solve these solutions.
- It increases a student ‘s confidence level and also helps them work on their weak points.
- All of the answers are accompanied by diagrams that correspond to the question.
We have covered a detailed guide on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
Will the questions in the board exam appear from NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Science?
The NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science include the maximum number of questions that are asked in the board exam. Students can refer to the solutions framed by the experts at Kopykitab while solving textbook questions to get a comprehensive understanding of the concepts. The solutions are written in such a way that students may grasp even the most difficult concepts with ease.
Where can I get NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)?
With NCERT Books Solutions for all Sciences subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for Class 10, Kopykitab helps students conquer their worries. You can obtain them by visiting our website or by clicking on the quick links provided on our page.
What is the price for NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions Textbooks?
You can get NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Science for free by reading the above article.
Is the NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions PDFs enough to score well in the board exam?
Yes. The NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science cover all of the textbook’s exercise questions. The solutions are sufficient in clarifying students’ doubts and concepts, which are essential for examinations. Aside from textbook problems, students can use additional study materials to learn shortcut tips and tricks for rapidly answering difficult questions.