CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science PDF | Chapter-Wise Solutions
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science: Are you preparing for the Class 10 Science Exam? Do you have the latest NCERT Solution?
Don’t worry! Here you can easily download the CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science.
Here we are providing you with Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions for all the 16 chapters in NCERT Science Textbooks with precise and elaborate explanations that are easy to understand and learn.
NCERT solutions for class 10 Science are very important to study materials to practice the exercise from all chapters. It will help you in understanding the complex topics and helps you in the preparation of the class 10 board examination.
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is a self-governing organization of the Indian government that provides the curriculum for CBSE and some state board schools in India.
Also, the NCERT Class 10 solutions provided here are accurate and following the CBSE guidelines. So you can refer to these solutions of Class 10 Science to prepare for the board examination.
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
CBSE NCERT 10th Science Solutions will help you to clear your doubts about any questions from the NCERT Science textbooks. These CBSE Science Solutions for Class 10 will also help you to revise the complete CBSE 10th Science Syllabus.
- NCERT Official website: ncert.nic.in
By solving more problems, NCERT 10th Science Solutions, you can develop a depth concept on the subject. It will help you to get a better score in the exam.
It will also help you to build the strong foundation for various competitive exams in the future.
To help you with this, we are providing you with the 10th Science Solutions.
You will find the following chapters in CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions,
- Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compounds
- Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chapter 6 Life Processes
- Chapter 7 Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chapter 12 Electricity
- Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15 Our Environment
- Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources
Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 1, you will learn the concepts related to chemical reactions and equations. Here, you will know the different types of reactions taking place in the surrounding.
Some important topics explained in Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations are:
- Writing and balancing chemical equations
- Different types of chemical reactions
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- Effects of oxidation reactions in everyday life: Corrosion & Rancidity
Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 2, you will know the difference between acids, bases, and salts. It also deals with various types of reactions related to these three forms of chemical compounds.
Some important topics involved in Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts are:
- Chemical properties of acids and bases
- The reaction between acids and bases
- Reactions of metal carbonates and metal hydrogen carbonates with acids
- The reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- The reaction of non-metallic oxide with base
- Acid or base in a water solution
- Determining the strengths of acid or base solutions
- Importance of pH in everyday life
- Nature and formation of different salts
- Chemicals from common salt
Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 3, you will learn all the aspects related to metals and non-metals like their physical/chemical properties, reactiveness, and various chemical reactions.
Important topics covered in Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals are:
- Physical properties of metals and non-metals
- Chemical properties of metals and non-metals
- Reactions of metals and non-metals
- Occurrence and extraction of metals
- Corrosion and its prevention
Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compounds
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4, you will learn to solve problems about Carbon, and its Compounds chapter describes various features of carbon element and different compounds formed by it.
Give below are the main topics covered in class 10 Science Chapter 4:
- Bonding in Carbon
- Saturated and Unsaturated Carbon Compounds
- Homologous Series
- Nomenclature of carbon Compounds
- Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds
- Properties of some important carbon compounds: Ethanol and Ethanoic Acid
Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 5, here you will know the various concepts related to the classification of elements.
The concepts discussed in Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements are:
- Dobereiner’s Triads
- Newlands’ Law Of Octaves
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table: Its merits and demerits
- The Modern Periodic Table
- Position of Elements in Modern Periodic Table
- Trends in the Modern Periodic Table
Chapter 6 Life Processes
NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 6 deals with the various biological processes and reactions taking place in organisms.
Important topics covered in Chapter 6 Life Processes are:
- What are Life Process?
- Nutrition in Organisms: Autotrophic and Heterotrophic Nutrition
- How do organisms obtain their nutrition
- Nutrition in human beings: Respiration, Transportation, and Excretion
- Excretion in human beings and Plants
Chapter 7 Control and Coordination
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 7, you will know the details of different ways in which organisms respond to the stimuli. Here you also get to know about the human nervous system, automatics and voluntary actions, exocrine and endocrine glands, etc.
You have to practice the following concepts before working on NCERT Science solutions:
- The nervous system of human beings
- Reflex actions and their path
- The action of nervous tissues
- Coordination In Plants
- Different ways in which plants respond to stimulus
- The action of different hormones in animals
Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce?
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 8, you will come to know the different methods of reproduction in plants and animals and get aware of the various methods of birth control in humans.
Some of the important topics discussed in “How do Organisms Reproduce?” are:
- Modes of asexual reproduction: Fission, Fragmentation, Regeneration, Budding, Vegetative propagation, Spore Formation
- Sexual reproduction and its significance
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Reproduction in Human Beings
- Reproductive systems in human male and female
- The process involved in fertilization of an egg
- Reproductive Health and different ways of birth control
Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 9, you will find the details related to heredity and evolution of different species. Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection are also discussed here.
You will learn the major topics as mentioned below in Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution:
- Variations observed in different generations
- Rules for Inheritance of Traits
- Mendel’s experiments on the expression of traits generation to generation
- Sex determination
- Acquired and Inherited Traits
- Tracing Evolutionary Relationships
- Human Evolution
Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 10, you will develop the concepts of reflection and refraction of light. It also explains the Image formation by a plane mirror/curved mirrors and lenses.
The topics to learn from Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction are:
- Reflection of light
- Image formation by spherical mirrors
- Sign convention for reflection by spherical mirrors
- Mirror formula and magnification
- Refraction of Light
- Refraction through a rectangular glass slab
- Refractive index
- Refraction by spherical lenses
- Image formation by spherical lenses
- Sign Convention for refraction by spherical lenses
- Lens Formula and Magnification
- Power of Lens
Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 11, you will know each and every detail of the human eye from its structure to its working. Various defects of vision are also discussed here. It also describes atmospheric refraction and various phenomena related to it.
The important topics discussed in Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World are:
- Structure and working of the human eye
- Power of accommodation of the human eye
- Defects of vision and their correction
- Refraction of light through a prism
- Dispersion of white light through a glass prism
- Atmospheric refraction and its effects
- Scattering of light (Tyndall Effect) and its applications in nature
Chapter 12 Electricity
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 12, you will find the solutions on electric current, its applications, and various effects related to it.
You have to learn the following topics in Chapter 12 Electricity:
- Introduction to electric current
- Potential difference
- Ohm’s law and its graphical representation
- Factors on which the resistance of the conductor depends – Resistivity
- Resistors in series and parallel: Calculation of resultant resistance in the series, current, and voltage across each resistor
- Advantage of parallel combination over the series combination
- Heating effects of the electric circuit: Joule’s law of the heating effect of electric current
- Electric fuse
Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 13, you will learn about the magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, AC and DC generator, Advantages of AC over DC, and domestic electric circuits.
Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current includes the following major topics:
- Magnetic field and its representation as field lines
- Magnetic field due to current carrying conductor
- Magnetic field due to the current through a straight conductor
- Right-hand thumb rule
- Magnetic field due to a current through a circular loop
- Magnetic field due to a current in a solenoid
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field
- Electric motor
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electric generator
- Domestic electric circuits
Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
In NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 14, you will come to know about different forms of energy, and their sources are discussed in this chapter.
The main topics explained in Chapter 14 Sources of Energy are:
- The ideal source of energy
- Conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, thermal power plant, hydropower plants
- Biomass and wind energy as major energy resources
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: Solar Energy, Energy from Sea, Geothermal Energy, Nuclear Energy
- Renewable and non-renewable sources of energy and their availability in the long run
Chapter 15 Our Environment
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15, you will know about the various components of environment components and how human activities are affecting the environment.
Some of the important topics discussed in Chapter 15 Our Environment are:
- Ecosystem and its components
- Food chains and webs
- Ozone Layer and its depletion
- Managing the garbage, we Produce
Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources
In NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16, you will get to know about the different natural resources, their advantages, and conservation efforts.
You will learn the following concepts in Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources:
- Natural resources and their management
- Management of forests and wildlife
- Water harvesting
- Management of fossil fuels; Coal and Petroleum
Benefits of CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
You will get tremendous benefits by using the NCERT Class 10 Science solution. A notable benefit is you can build the depth concept over the complete chapters of Class 10 Science.
It will help you to score the better grade in the exam and also helpful to crack various competitive exams in the future.
Other Notable Benefits are as given below:
- Building Depth Concepts: The NCERT Class 10 Science solutions will help you build strong command over the entire subject.
- Well Explained Every Solution: Here, you will see step by step explanation to provide you a better understanding of the problem-solving method.
- Best Reference to solve the questions and Practice: You can refer this solution to clear your doubts and revise the syllabus by solving chapter-wise exercise questions by using the best methodology.
- Assignment Completion on Time: With the help of the solution, you will easily solve the problems as a part of an assignment at the proper time.
- Build The Strong Foundation On Subject: It will also help you to build strong foundation Science. It will be helpful in higher education and also crack any competitive exams.
Other Important Study Materials for CBSE Class 10 Science
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the Class 10 Science exam.
Click on the link to access other study materials related to 10th Science.
- 10th Science Sample Papers
- 10th Science Previous year Papers
- 10th Science Question Bank
- 10th Science Oswaal Sample Papers
- 10th Science Practicals
- 10th Science Worksheets
- 10th Science Notes
We have covered a detailed guide on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.