CBSE Class 10 Science: If you are preparing for CBSE 10th Science Exam, you should have a solid study plan and study materials. Without the right study materials and a proper study plan, you cannot score a better mark in any exam.
Don’t worry! We have created this detailed guide to help you to improve your preparation for the Science exam so that you can score a better grade in the CBSE 10th Board exam.
In this article, we are covering everything related to CBSE 10th Science Exam. Here you will get brief information on, CBSE Class 10 Science,
- Question Papers
- Revision Notes
Science is the subject where you can study the events happening around you. You will come to know from the growth of from plant to the electricity, from metal to energy. You will learn about various events.
If you are one of those who finds Science fascinating or want to pursue higher education in the field of Science, then this subject is especially for you.
You can build the depth base on the subject. It will help you to understand various concepts in higher studies correctly and also score a higher grade in the 10th Board Exam.
You should study the textbooks of the 10th properly to clear all concepts before the final exam. The expert has created the CBSE Class 10 Science Book by focusing on the following points.
- The language is used in the book are simple and straightforward.
- Multiple examples are provided so students can understand various topics correctly and build the depth concept.
- The varieties types of questions and solutions are provided to give students multiple ways to solve a problem.
- For the students who want to build deeper concepts, the optional exercises are also provided.
- All answers to the exercises and solutions or hints are given. So a student can become more proficient in the subject.
CBSE Class 10 Science
Science is the essential subject of class 10. It plays an important role in student life. You board exam score can be higher with a clear concept on every chapter and the daily practice of exercises.
Class 10 Science can be divided into three parts, i.e.,
CBSE Class 10 Science is the continuation of Class 9 Science. In the syllabus for Class 10 Science covers the various topics in broader are,
- The World of the Living,
- How Things Work,
- Natural Phenomena,
- Natural Resources.
CBSE has provided the latest syllabus to present a clear coverage of scientific concepts related to our daily life on the select topics.
CBSE Class 10 Science Books
You should have the right CBSE Class 10 Science books to build depth concepts in the subjects. So you can score the better Marks in the 10th Science Exam. Without the right book, you will not be able to clear all concepts. Hence you will not be able to score high in any exam.
So, you should not go for any random book while selecting books. You should be assured that it has covered the latest CBSE Science Syllabus.
You will find the following chapters in 10th Science,
- Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds
- Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chapter 6 – Life Processes
- Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10 – Light Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11 – Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chapter 12 – Electricity
- Chapter 13 – Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15 – Our Environment
- Chapter 16 – Management of Natural Resources
Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations
Chapter 1 is very important for CBSE Class 10 Science Exam. Every year minimum, three questions are being asked from this chapter.
The chapter explains the way of writing chemical equations and how to balance them. Here, you will know the different types of reactions taking place in the surrounding.
Some important topics explained in the CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 1 are:
- Writing and balancing chemical equations
- Different types of chemical reactions
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- Effects of oxidation reactions in everyday life: Corrosion & Rancidity
Chapter 2 Acids, Bases, and Salts
Here you will know the different types of chemical reactions that they undergo and how their reaction is with certain compounds.
It mainly explains the difference between acids, bases, and salts. It also deals with various types of reactions related to these three forms of chemical compounds.
An Acid is a molecule or ion capable of donating a proton or, alternatively, capable of forming a covalent bond with an electron pair.
Salt is a solid chemical compound consisting of an ionic assembly of cations and anions.
A base is a substance that can accept a hydrogen ion (H+) from another substance.
Some important topics involved in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 2 are:
- Chemical properties of acids and bases
- The reaction between acids and bases
- Reactions of metal carbonates and metal hydrogen carbonates with acids
- The reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- The reaction of non-metallic oxide with base
- Acid or base in a water solution
- Determining the strengths of acid or base solutions
- Importance of pH in everyday life
- Nature and formation of different salts
- Chemicals from common salt
Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
Here you will learn about the metal and non-metals and their properties.
Metals are the chemical elements that are solid, hard, strong, durable, shiny, good conductors of electricity and heat, and easy to work into various different shapes and forms.
Non-metals are those who lack all the metallic attributes. They are good insulators of heat and electricity. They are mostly gases and sometimes liquid.
All the aspects related to metals and non-metals like their physical and chemical properties, reactiveness, and various chemical reactions.
Important topics covered in this Class 10 Science chapter 3 are:
- Physical properties of metals and non-metals
- Chemical properties of metals and non-metals
- Reactions of metals and non-metals
- Occurrence and extraction of metals
- Corrosion and its prevention
Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compounds
In Chapter 4, you will learn about the Carbon element and various chemical compounds made by it.
Carbon and its Compounds chapter describe various features of carbon element and different compounds formed by it.
Give below are the main topics covered in class 10 Science Chapter 4:
- Bonding in Carbon
- Saturated and Unsaturated Carbon Compounds
- Homologous Series
- Nomenclature of carbon Compounds
- Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds
- Properties of some important carbon compounds: Ethanol and Ethanoic Acid
Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements
Here you can learn about the concepts related to the classification of elements. You have to study the periodic table in detail.
Some major concepts discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 5 are:
- Dobereiner’s Triads
- Newlands’ Law Of Octaves
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table: Its merits and demerits
- The Modern Periodic Table
- Position of Elements in Modern Periodic Table
- Trends in the Modern Periodic Table
Chapter 6 Life Processes
In the Life Processes chapter, you will learn the various biological processes and reactions taking place in organisms.
Some major topics covered in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 6 are:
- What are Life Process?
- Nutrition in Organisms: Autotrophic and Heterotrophic Nutrition
- How do organisms obtain their nutrition
- Nutrition in human beings: Respiration, Transportation, and Excretion
- Excretion in human beings and Plants
Chapter 7 Control and Coordination
In Control and Coordination chapter, you will know the different ways in which organisms respond to the stimuli.
Here will also learn about the human nervous system, automatics and voluntary actions, exocrine and endocrine glands, etc.
Some major topics covered in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 7 are:
- The nervous system of human beings
- Reflex actions and their path
- The action of nervous tissues
- Coordination In Plants
- Different ways in which plants respond to stimulus
- The action of different hormones in animals
Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce?
Here you will learn about the reproduction among the living organisms. You will know the different methods of reproduction in plants and animals and get aware of the various methods of birth control in humans.
Some of the important topics discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 8 are:
- Modes of asexual reproduction: Fission, Fragmentation, Regeneration, Budding, Vegetative propagation, Spore Formation
- Sexual reproduction and its significance
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Reproduction in Human Beings
- Reproductive systems in human male and female
- The process involved in fertilization of the egg
- Reproductive Health and different ways of birth control
Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution
In this chapter, you will learn about heredity and evolution of different species. Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection are also discussed here.
Heredity is the process of passing on of physical or mental characteristics genetically from one generation to another.
Evolution is a change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over consecutive generations.
The important topics discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 9 are:
- Variations observed in different generations
- Rules for Inheritance of Traits
- Mendel’s experiments on the expression of traits generation to generation
- Sex determination
- Acquired and Inherited Traits
- Tracing Evolutionary Relationships
- Human Evolution
Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction
In this chapter, you will learn about the light and the concepts of reflection and refraction of light.
Reflection is a process of modification in the direction of a wavefront at the surface between two different media so that the wavefront returns into the medium from which it created.
It also explains the Image formation by a plane mirror, curved mirrors, and lenses.
Some important topics to learn from CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 10 are:
- Reflection of light
- Image formation by spherical mirrors
- Sign convention for reflection by spherical mirrors
- Mirror formula and magnification
- Refraction of Light
- Refraction through a rectangular glass slab
- Refractive index
- Refraction by spherical lenses
- Image formation by spherical lenses
- Sign Convention for refraction by spherical lenses
- Lens Formula and Magnification
- Power of Lens
Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
In this chapter, you will know every detail of the human eye from its structure to its working. You will also know about the various defects of vision are also discussed here.
It also explains atmospheric refraction and various phenomena related to it.
Some major topics discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 11 chapter are:
- Structure and working of the human eye
- Power of accommodation of the human eye
- Defects of vision and their correction
- Refraction of light through a prism
- Dispersion of white light through a glass prism
- Atmospheric refraction and its effects
- Scattering of light (Tyndall Effect) and its applications in nature
Chapter 12 Electricity
In this chapter, you will learn about electricity, its properties, electric current, its applications, and various effects related to it. Electricity is the presence and flow of electric charge in one direction.
The topics discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 12 chapter are:
- Introduction to electric current
- Potential difference
- Ohm’s law and its graphical representation
- Factors on which the resistance of the conductor depends – Resistivity
- Resistors in series and parallel: Calculation of resultant resistance in the series, current, and voltage across each resistor
- Advantage of parallel combination over the series combination
- Heating effects of the electric circuit: Joule’s law of the heating effect of electric current
- Electric fuse
Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
In this chapter, you will know about the magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, AC and DC generator, Advantages of AC over DC, and domestic electric circuits.
CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 13 includes the following major topics:
- Magnetic field and its representation as field lines
- Magnetic field due to current carrying conductor
- Magnetic field due to the current through a straight conductor
- Right-hand thumb rule
- Magnetic field due to a current through a circular loop
- Magnetic field due to a current in a solenoid
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field
- Electric motor
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electric generator
- Domestic electric circuits
Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
In this chapter, you will know the sources and origins of various energy. You will also learn about the different forms of energy and extraction process.
Some of the main topics explained in the CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 14 are:
- The ideal source of energy
- Conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, thermal power plant, hydropower plants
- Biomass and wind energy as major energy resources
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: Solar Energy, Energy from Sea, Geothermal Energy, Nuclear Energy
- Renewable and non-renewable sources of energy and their availability in the long run
Chapter 15 Our Environment
Here you will learn about the environment around us, the various components of the environment, and the effects of human activities on the environment.
Some of the main topics discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 15 are:
- Ecosystem and its components
- Food chains and webs
- Ozone Layer and its depletion
- Managing the garbage, we Produce
Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources
Here you will learn about the different natural resources, their advantages, and conservation efforts.
The main topics discussed in CBSE Class 10 Science chapter 16 are:
- Natural resources and their management
- Management of forests and wildlife
- Water harvesting
- Management of fossil fuels; Coal and Petroleum
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
You can check the latest CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and Marking Scheme for Science from the below table.
Chemical Substance – Nature and Behaviour
World of Living
Effects of Current
The CBSE board examination will be of 80 Marks, and rest 20 Marks are for Internal Assessment.
CBSE Class 10 Science Solutions
Class 10 Science solutions are the most important Study Materials to prepare the 10th Science Exam properly. You can know all the concepts behind every single chapter wise exercise. If you want to explore the subject in more detail, you should solve the Miscellaneous Exercise questions from every exercise.
CBSE Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions
If you want trustworthy solutions, then NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions come in the top. These are the best materials to build the chapter-wise depth concept. You can build the depth concept on all questions from all exercises based on the latest NCERT pattern.
The contents are created by NCERT experts. They have designed the concept in such a way that you can easily understand without having depth concept in the section.
CBSE Class 10 Science Lakhmir Singh Solutions
Lakhmir Singh Solutions are the most popular among the students to prepare for the Science Board exam.
After NCERT solutions, Lakhmir Singh Solutions are the best Reference Materials you should follow to prepare class 10 Science. The famous author, Lakhmir Singh Solutions, has created these materials to provide you with the detailed guide on the subject.
CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper
Question Papers plays the important role in preparing for any exam, whether it is curriculum-related or competitive.
You should solve as many Science question papers as possible after the completion of all chapters from Class 10 Science and chapter-wise exercise. You will get an idea about the exam and the type of questions coming in the exam.
After solving multiple questions from CBSE Class 10 Science, it will be easier for you to understand the latest exam pattern more accurately way. It will also help you to understand the exam better and boost time management.
You can also analyze the current status of exam preparation. Identify your weaker sections and cover those sections before the final exam.
You should have the following materials to find the complete Science question papers related to CBSE Class 10th Exam,
- Sample Question Papers
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Question Bank
Class 10 Science Sample Question Papers
You may know the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) releases sample question papers and marking schemes for all subjects of class 10 every year. You will get an overview of the upcoming board exam by solving more sample papers.
After analyzing the CBSE 10th Science Sample Papers, you can also know about the latest exam pattern and the type of possible questions and the format of questions to be asked in the board exam.
Class 10 Science Previous year Papers
CBSE 10th Science Previous year Papers are the best source to know about the board exam and find repetitive questions. So you can get an idea about the exam and the important topics.
You should try to solve as many previous exam questions as possible to get familiar with the upcoming exam. It will reduce your exam fear and also build self-confidence, which will be useful for any exam.
Class 10 Science Question Bank
You also solve the CBSE 10th Science Question Bank after completion of the above question papers. Here you will also find the chapter wise questions from previous exams.
You can easily identify chapter-wise various repetitive questions, which will help to score better in the board exam.
You will find multiple questions for every single topic. By solving many questions, you can develop the depth concept in every single section of Class 10 Science.
CBSE Class 10 Science Worksheets
CBSE 10th Science Worksheets is the best study material to improve your logical, lingual, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities.
You can see the Class 10 Science important questions and answers in the Science worksheets. The worksheets are following the latest CBSE NCERT Syllabus.
CBSE Class 10 Science Revision Notes
The CBSE 10th Science revision notes are a special piece of study material that students can utilize properly.
With the help of the notes, you can do proper revision for the subject. It will also help you to understand the various theorems and laws quickly.
The notes are prepared by some of the Experts. All the CBSE class 10 Science revision notes are prepared by analyzing previous years of question papers and syllabus in mind.
CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals
Practicals have an important role in developing your knowledge. Without practical work, Science will be uncompleted.
CBSE board has included the practicals in Class 10 Science Syllabus to make students more familiar basic tools and techniques used in the laboratory.
To provide you with the complete information about the practical, we have provided all the necessary details that a class 10 student should know about CBSE class 10 Science practicals.
CBSE Class 10 Science Formulas
Many students forget the various important formulas while preparing for the subject. This is happened because of the less revision of various chapters. To overcome this, you should have a set of all formulas which are used in the subject.
We are providing you with the complete set of class 10 Science formulas in the PDF format.
Make sure that you should have Class 10 Science handy. It will be helpful for you to revise and memorize various chapter wise formulas available in class 10 Science book.
We have covered a detailed guide on CBSE Class 10 Science. Feel Free to ask any questions in the comment section below.