CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2019-20 PDF | CBSE Class 10 Biology, Physics, Chemistry Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2020: You should know the latest CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science for preparing the CBSE Class 10 board examination.
You are aware of it that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) provides the academic CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for all subjects.
With the latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus, you will cover the entire syllabus without skipping any chapter or concepts.
- Check CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2019 For All Subjects
- Download CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2019 Pdf from Official Portal
Here in this article, we are providing the detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science. You can also download the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science PDF from the below article.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2019-20
You already know that Science is one of the important subjects in CBSE 10th Board Exam. It has a great role to choose a stream in the Class higher secondary level.
If you want to study in the Science stream in the future or want to become an Engineer, you must score high in CBSE 10th Science.
Before starting the detailed CBSE Class, 10 Syllabus for Science let us see the units included in the syllabus along with the marks distribution:
Chemical Substance – Nature and Behaviour
World of Living
Effects of Current
The CBSE board examination will be of 80 Marks, and rest 20 Marks are for Internal Assessment.
Let us now look at the chapters and concepts under each unit of CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science.
Chemistry – CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science
The CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Syllabus are listed below:
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Chemical Reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation, and reduction.
- Acids, Bases and Salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH– ions, General properties, examples and uses, concept of pH scale (Definition relating to logarithm not required), importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
- Metals And Nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds; Basic metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention.
- Carbon Compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series. Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes, and alkynes), the difference between saturated hydrocarbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition, and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps, and detergents.
- Periodic Classification Of Elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic properties.
Biology – CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science
The CBSE Class 10 Biology Syllabus are listed below:
Unit II: World of Living
- Life processes: ‘Living Being.’ The basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport, and excretion in plants and animals.
- Control and Co-Ordination In Animals And Plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones;
- Control and Co-Ordination In Animals: Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary, and reflex action; Chemical Co-Ordination: animal hormones.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health-need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs. HIV/AIDS. Childbearing and women’s health.
- Heredity and Evolution: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction; Basic concepts of evolution.
Physics – CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science
The CBSE Class 10 Physics Syllabus are listed below:
Unit III: Natural Phenomena
- Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, center of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required), magnification.
- Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index. Refraction of light by the spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula (Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
- The functioning of a lens in the human eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses. Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in daily life.
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Effects Of Current: Electric current, potential difference, and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, the parallel combination of resistors, and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I, and R.
- Magnetic Effects Of Current: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on a current-carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left-Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. The induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right Hand Rule, Electric Generator, Direct current. Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science – Natural Resources
The CBSE Class 10 Natural Resources Syllabus are listed below:
- Sources Of Energy: Different forms of energy, conventional and non-conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water, and tidal energy; Nuclear energy. Renewable versus non-renewable sources of Energy.
- Our Environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production, and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
- Management Of Natural Resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wildlife; Coal and Petroleum conservation. Examples of people’s participation in the conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources.
Here you can easily download the Chapter-Wise Class 10 NCERT Textbooks PDF. You can find the NCERT Class 10 Science Textbooks in Hindi and English With solutions.
Class 10 Science Books (English Medium)
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 2: Acids, Bases and Salts
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 4: Carbon and its Compounds
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 6: Life Processes
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11: Human Eye and Colourful World
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12: Electricity
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15: Our Environment
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources
Class 10 Science Books (Hindi Medium) कक्षा 10 विज्ञान की पुस्तकें (हिंदी माध्यम)
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 1: रासायनिक अभिक्रियाएं एवं समीकरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 2: अम्ल, क्षारक एवं लवण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 3: धातु एवं अधातु
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 4: कार्बन एवं उसके यौगिक
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 5: तत्वों का आवर्त वर्गीकरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 6: जैव प्रक्रम
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 7: नियंत्रण एवं समन्वय
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 8: जीव जनन कैसे करते हैं?
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 9: आनुवंशिकता एवं जैव विकास
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 10: प्रकाश – परावर्तन तथा अपवर्तन
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 11: मानव नेत्र तथा रंगबिरंगा संसार
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 12: विधुत
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 13: विधुत धरा के चुंबकीय प्रभाव
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 14: ऊर्जा के स्रोत
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 15: हमारा पर्यावरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 16: प्राकृतिक संसाधनों का प्रबंधन
Now you have a clear idea about CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science. Along with above study materials, you can also download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths.
- NCERT Solutions For CBSE 10th
- CBSE 10th Books For All Subjects
- CBSE 10th Sample Papers 2019-2020
- CBSE 10th Previous Year Papers
- CBSE 10th Marking Scheme 2019
- CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2019-2020
- CBSE Grading System 2019
- CBSE 10th Study Plan To Score High
- CBSE 10th Admit Card 2019-2020
- CBSE 10th Date Sheet 2019-2020
- CBSE 10th Practical Exam
- CBSE 10th Result 2019-2020
To boost you study, you can download Latest CBSE Class 10 Science Question Bank PDF.
Feel free to ask any questions related to CBSE Class 10 syllabus in the comment section below.