CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2020-2021: If you are preparing for CBSE Class 10 Board Examination, then you should know the latest CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science, as Science plays a major role in learning as well as for the purpose of scaling up your marks.
You must be aware of the fact that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) provides the academic CBSE 10th Class Syllabus for all subjects.
With the latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus, you will get a detailed idea of the syllabus as well as you can design a routine by setting your priority chapters on top. In this article, we are providing the latest Revised CBSE Grade 10 Science Syllabus 2020-2021. You can also download the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science PDF from the below article.
Revised CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2020-21
You must have a pretty vast idea about the importance of Science in the CBSE 10th Board Exam. Science also plays a major role during your higher secondary education too.
If you are aspiring to go for the Science stream in the future or want to become an Engineer, you must require good conceptual knowledge as well as marks in CBSE 10th Science.
Science Syllabus Class 10
But, before starting the detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science, let us have a look at the units included in the syllabus along with the marks distribution:
|Unit No||Unit Name||Marks|
|1||Chemical Substance – Nature and Behaviour||25|
|2||World of Living||23|
|4||Effects of Current||13|
In CBSE Board Examination, Science Paper will be of 80 Marks, and the remaining 20 Marks will be through Internal Assessment. Let’s look at the Chapters and Concepts under each unit of the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science.
Secure Higher Grades and Chase Your Dream
Deleted CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2020-21 | Deleted Syllabus of Class 10 Science
Here you can check and download the deleted 10th Science Syllabus.
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 (Theory)
Deleted Chapters In Unit I: CBSE, Class 10 Science Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit II: World of Living
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit III: Natural Phenomena
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit IV: Effects of Current
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 (Practicals)
1. Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
2. Determination of the equivalent resistance of resistors when connected in series and parallel.
3. Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel show stomata.
4. Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
5. Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
6. Finding the image distance for varying object distances in the case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams show the nature of the image formed.
7. Identification of the different parts of an embryo a dicot seed (Pea, gram, or red kidney bean).
Updated: Latest Revised CBSE Syllabus for Class 10th Science in Detail | Syllabus of Science Class 10 CBSE 2020-21
Class 10th science syllabus Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Chemical reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation, and reduction.
Acids, bases, and salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH– ions, General properties, examples, and uses, the concept of pH scale (Definition relating to logarithm not required), the importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
- Metals and nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds.
- Carbon compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series.
- Periodic classification of elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic
Class 10th science syllabus Unit II: World of Living
- Life processes: ‘Living Being’. The basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport, and excretion in plants and animals.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health- need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS. Childbearing and women’s health.
- Heredity: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction;
Class 10th science syllabus Unit III: Natural Phenomena
- Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, center of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required), magnification.
- Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index.
- Refraction of light by the spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula (Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
- Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in daily life.
Class 10th science syllabus Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Electric current, potential difference, and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, the parallel combination of resistors, and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I, and R.
- Magnetic effects of current: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on the current-carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left-Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. The induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right Hand Rule.
Class 10th science syllabus Unit V: Natural Resources
- Our environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production, and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
Class 10th Science Syllabus | PRACTICALS
Practical should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) on the basis of their reaction with
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
- Performing and observing the following reactions and classifying them into:
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- The action of water on quicklime
- The action of heat on ferrous sulfate crystals
- Iron nails kept in copper sulfate solution
- The reaction between sodium sulfate and barium chloride solutions
- Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu, and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
- Al2 (SO4)3(aq)
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
- Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determining its resistance. Also plotting a graph between V and I
- Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during
- Determination of the focal length of (i) Concave mirror and (ii) Convex lens by obtaining the image of a distant
- Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the
- Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared
- Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass
- Science-Text book for class X- NCERT Publication
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science- Class X- CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual-Science-Class X, NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication
Materials can boost your marks and your knowledge. You have to follow the below-mentioned study materials to boost your exam preparation for the Class 10 Science exam.
Effortlessly download the Chapter-Wise Class 10 NCERT Textbooks PDF. You can find the NCERT Class 10 Science Textbooks in Hindi and English with all the necessary solutions.
Class 10 Science Books (English Medium)
Here you can download CBSE Class 10 Science Books in English PDF for free.
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 2: Acids, Bases, and Salts
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 4: Carbon and its Compounds
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 6: Life Processes
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11: Human Eye and Colourful World
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12: Electricity
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15: Our Environment
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources
Class 10 Science Books (Hindi Medium) कक्षा 10 विज्ञान की पुस्तकें (हिंदी माध्यम)
Here you can download CBSE Class 10 Science Books in English PDF for free.
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 1: रासायनिक अभिक्रियाएं एवं समीकरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 2: अम्ल, क्षारक एवं लवण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 3: धातु एवं अधातु
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 4: कार्बन एवं उसके यौगिक
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 5: तत्वों का आवर्त वर्गीकरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 6: जैव प्रक्रम
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 7: नियंत्रण एवं समन्वय
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 8: जीव जनन कैसे करते हैं?
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 9: आनुवंशिकता एवं जैव विकास
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 10: प्रकाश – परावर्तन तथा अपवर्तन
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 11: मानव नेत्र तथा रंगबिरंगा संसार
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 12: विधुत
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 13: विधुत धरा के चुंबकीय प्रभाव
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 14: ऊर्जा के स्रोत
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 15: हमारा पर्यावरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 16: प्राकृतिक संसाधनों का प्रबंधन
I hope you have got a clear idea about CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science. Along with the above study materials, you can also download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths.
Feel free to ask any questions related to the CBSE syllabus for Class 10 Science 2020-2021 in the comment section below.
FAQs on CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science
What is the complete CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science?
You can find the complete CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science from the above article.
How many chapters are there in science class 10?
There are a total of 16 chapters in science class 10.
Will the tenth board exam be held in 2022?
Yes. The test will be held across two terms by the CBSE. The first term test will be held in November and December of 2021. Term 2 exams are likely to be held in March-April 2022.
From where can I get the class 10 science syllabus 2020-21?
You can get the class 10 science syllabus 2020-21 from the above article in detail.
Suggest some Important Links Related To CBSE Class 10 Science 2020-2021?
You can get the Important Links Related To CBSE Class 10 Science 2020-2021 from the above article.