CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2020-2021: You should know the latest CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science for preparing the CBSE Class 10 board examination.
You are aware of it that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) provides the academic CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for all subjects.
HRD Minister Ramesh Nishank announced a major CBSE syllabus reduction with 30% of the syllabus slashed for the year 2020-21 on July 7 which was soon followed by an official notification by CBSE on the same.
With the latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus, you will cover the entire syllabus without skipping any chapter or concepts.
Here in this article, we are providing the latest Revised CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2020-2021. You can also download the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science PDF from the below article.
Revised CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science 2020
You already know that Science is one of the important subjects in CBSE 10th Board Exam. It has a great role to choose a stream in the Class higher secondary level.
If you want to study in the Science stream in the future or want to become an Engineer, you must score high in CBSE 10th Science.
Before starting the detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science, let us see the units included in the syllabus along with the marks distribution:
|Unit No||Unit Name||Marks|
|1||Chemical Substance – Nature and Behaviour||25|
|2||World of Living||23|
|4||Effects of Current||13|
- Download Revised CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2020 PDF
- Download Old CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2020 PDF
The CBSE board examination will be of 80 Marks, and rest 20 Marks are for Internal Assessment. Let us now look at the chapters and concepts under each unit of CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science.
Secure Higher Grades and Chase Your Dream
Latest Revised CBSE 10th Science Syllabus
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Chemical reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation and reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH– ions, General properties, examples and uses, concept of pH scale (Definition relating to logarithm not required), importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
- Metals and nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds.
- Carbon compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series.
- Periodic classification of elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic
Unit II: World of Living
- Life processes: ‘Living Being’. Basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport and excretion in plants and animals.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health- need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS. Child bearing and women’s health.
- Heredity: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction;
Unit III: Natural Phenomena
- Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, centre of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required), magnification.
- Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index.
- Refraction of light by spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula (Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
- Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in daily life.
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Electric current, potential difference and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, parallel combination of resistors and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I and R.
- Magnetic effects of current : Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on current carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. Induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right Hand Rule.
Unit V: Natural Resources
- Our environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
Practical should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) on the basis of their reaction with
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
- Performing and observing the following reactions and classifying them into:
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- Action of water on quicklime
- Action of heat on ferrous sulphate crystals
- Iron nails kept in copper sulphate solution
- Reaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions
- Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
- Al2 (SO4)3(aq)
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
- Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determining its resistance. Also plotting a graph between V and I
- Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during
- Determination of the focal length of (i) Concave mirror and (ii) Convex lens by obtaining the image of a distant
- Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the
- Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared
- Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass
- Science-Text book for class X- NCERT Publication
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science- Class X- CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual-Science-Class X, NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication
Deleted CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
Here you can check and download the deleted 10th Science Syllabus.
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 (Theory)
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit II: World of Living
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit III: Natural Phenomena
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit IV: Effects of Current
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 Under Unit V: Natural Resources
Deleted Chapters In Science Class 10 (Practicals)
1. Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
2. Determination of the equivalent resistance of twresistors when connected in series and parallel.
3. Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel tshow stomata.
4. Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
5. Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
6. Finding the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams tshow the nature of image formed.
7. Identification of the different parts of an embryof a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the Class 10 Science exam.
- NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions 2020-2021
- CBSE 10th Science Sample Papers 2020-2021
- CBSE 10th Science Previous year Papers
- CBSE 10th Science Question Bank 2020-2021
- CBSE 10th Science Worksheets 2020-2021
- CBSE 10th Science revision notes 2020-2021
- Know Everything About CBSE 10th Science Practicals 2020-2021
Here you can easily download the Chapter-Wise Class 10 NCERT Textbooks PDF. You can find the NCERT Class 10 Science Textbooks in Hindi and English With solutions.
Class 10 Science Books (English Medium)
Here you can download CBSE Class 10 Science Books in English PDF for free.
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 2: Acids, Bases and Salts
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 4: Carbon and its Compounds
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 6: Life Processes
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11: Human Eye and Colourful World
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12: Electricity
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15: Our Environment
- CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources
Class 10 Science Books (Hindi Medium) कक्षा 10 विज्ञान की पुस्तकें (हिंदी माध्यम)
Here you can download CBSE Class 10 Science Books in English PDF for free.
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 1: रासायनिक अभिक्रियाएं एवं समीकरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 2: अम्ल, क्षारक एवं लवण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 3: धातु एवं अधातु
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 4: कार्बन एवं उसके यौगिक
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 5: तत्वों का आवर्त वर्गीकरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 6: जैव प्रक्रम
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 7: नियंत्रण एवं समन्वय
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 8: जीव जनन कैसे करते हैं?
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 9: आनुवंशिकता एवं जैव विकास
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 10: प्रकाश – परावर्तन तथा अपवर्तन
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 11: मानव नेत्र तथा रंगबिरंगा संसार
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 12: विधुत
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 13: विधुत धरा के चुंबकीय प्रभाव
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 14: ऊर्जा के स्रोत
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 15: हमारा पर्यावरण
- कक्षा 10 विज्ञान पाठ 16: प्राकृतिक संसाधनों का प्रबंधन
Now you have a clear idea about CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science. Along with above study materials, you can also download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths.
Feel free to ask any questions related to CBSE Class 10 Science syllabus 2020-2021 in the comment section below.