CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals have an important role in developing your knowledge. Without practical work, Science is nothing. CBSE board has included the practicals in the Class 10 Science Syllabus to make students more familiar with basic tools and techniques used in the laboratory.
Students will have a better understanding of the concept in a better way by observing the changes happening in front of their eyes while performing the experiments. They can improve the basic science fundamentals band gradually they will learn by doing things.
CBSE Class 10 Science Practical Book 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
You can also download the Chapter-wise CBSE 10th Science Practicals PDF from the below link and boost your practical exam preparation level:
List of Experiments For CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
You will find the list of experiments in CBSE Class 10 Practicals for Science 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2:
CBSE Class 10 Biology Practicals 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
Here you can check the CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals For Biology 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2.
|Light is Necessary for Photosynthesis|
|CO2 is Released During Respiration|
|Binary Fission in Amoeba and Budding in Yeast|
|Homology and Analogy of Plants and Animals|
CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Practicals 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
Here you can check the CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals For Chemistry 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2.
|pH of Samples|
|Properties of Acids and Bases|
|Types of Reactions|
|Properties of Acetic Acid|
|Cleaning Capacity of Soap in Hard and Soft Water|
CBSE CBSE 10 Physics Practicals 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
Here you can check the CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals For Physics 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2.
|Resistors in Series|
|Resistors in Parallel|
|Focal Length of Concave Mirror and Convex Lens|
|Refraction Through Glass Slab|
|Refraction Through Prism|
|Image Formation by a Convex Lens|
Revised CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals Marking Scheme 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
The marking scheme for internal evaluation is shown below:
Internal Assessment Class 10 Science Marking Scheme
05 marks + 05 marks
Detailed CBSE Class 10 Science Practical Syllabus 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
You should know that the practicals are related to the concept taught in the theory classes. CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals Comprise a total of 15 practicals in the syllabus as given below.
List of Experiments for CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals
- Experiment 1
- Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
- Dilute Hydrochloric Acid
- Dilute NaOH solution
- Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution
- Lemon juice
- Dilute Hydrogen Carbonate solution
- Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) on the basis of their reaction with:
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
- Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
- Experiment 2. Performing and observing the following reactions and classify them into:
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- The action of water on quicklime
- The action of heat on ferrous sulphate crystals
- Iron nails kept in copper sulphate solution
- The reaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions
- Experiment 3. Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
- Al2 (SO4)3(aq)
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
- Experiment 4. Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determine its resistance and also plotting a graph between V and I.
- Experiment 5. Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
- Experiment 6. Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
- Experiment 7. Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
- Experiment 8. Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
- Solubility in water
- Effect on litmus
- Reaction with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
- Experiment 9. Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
- Experiment 10. Determination of the focal length of:
- Concave mirror
- Convex lens
- by obtaining the image of a distant object
- Experiment 11. Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
- Experiment 12. Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared slides.
- Experiment 13. Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass prism.
- Experiment 14. Finding the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams to show the nature of the image formed.
- Experiment 15. Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
CBSE Class 10 Science Lab Manual 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
You will find the following points in every experiment in the CBSE Class 10 Science lab manual 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2.
- Aim: It covers the objective of the experiment.
- Theory: It covers the basic principles, laws, or theories behind every experiment.
- Material required: It covers the list of all types of equipment, measuring devices, and other essential materials to perform the experiment.
- Procedure: It comprises the steps to perform the experiment a proper sequence. It also includes diagrams to present the pictorial view of the experiment.
- Observation: It covers the observation data of the experiment while performing the experiments. You should note in the form of a table for better presentation with the proper expression of units for every measurement.
- Calculations: Calculations are done based on the observation by using the formulae. In some experiments, you may have to draw the graphs.
- Results and Discussion: It covers the final result of the experiment.
- Precautions and Sources of Errors: It includes all precautions observed while conducting the experiments. It should also include the sources of error that arise due to the limitation of equipment.
Download CBSE Class 10 Science Lab Manual PDF 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
The CBSE class 10 lab manual is divided into 5 parts. The last part covers the project work, with a total of 111 projects are suggested.
Also, all projects are well explained. So you can easily perform them. These projects will promote your creativity and a spirit of inquiry and help you to understand the application of the Science subject.
You can download the complete lab manual from the table shown below.
|CBSE Class 10 Science Lab Manuals|
|Unit 1 Materials|
|Unit 2 The World of the Living|
|Unit 3 The Natural Phenomenon|
|Unit 4 How Things Work|
Other Important Links for CBSE Class 10 Science 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
- Class 10 Science Previous Year Papers
- Class 10 Science Sample Papers
- Class 10 Science Worksheets
- Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions
- Class 10 Science Question Bank
- Class 10 Science Revision Notes
CBSE Class 10 Science Practical Important Questions 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
- What is your observation when copper is added to iron (II) sulphate solution?
- Why is sulphur dioxide collected by upward displacement of air?
- How does the carbon dioxide gas enter the leaves?
- Which by-product of fermentation is useful in the brewing industry?
- Why are the incident and emergent rays parallel to each other in the case of a rectangular glass slab?
- On what factors does the refractive index of a medium depend?
- Why is it advised to clean the ends of connecting wires before connecting them?
- How are magnetic field lines of a straight current-carrying wire different from the field lines of a bar magnet?
NCERT Class 10 Science Manual Kit 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
The NCERT class 10 Science manual kit covers the activities on various chapters of the Science subject. The kit has scientific and general items, chemicals, glassware, tools, etc.
You will find all the details of these tools and the methods of using them in the NCERT class 10 Science Manual Kit. You will learn the concepts and integrate your knowledge after performing these tests.
You will also connect the topic with the theory part that you have studied and discussed in the classroom. You will learn problem-solving strategies and group learning skills while performing the activities through kits. It will also motivate you to learn new facts.
To download the NCERT Manual of class 10 Science kit in PDF format click on the link below;
Each activity in the NCERT class 10 Science manual kit is explained in detail and covers the following points:
- The materials required to perform the activity.
- Process of performing the activity is mentioned in the steps.
- The final result that students have obtained by performing the activity.
We have covered the detailed guide on CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.
FAQs on CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals 2022 For Term 1 & Term 2
Is there a practical in CBSE Class 10?
Yes. The school administration will conduct the CBSE Class 10 Practical Exam 2022 and Science Projects for Class 10 Assessments internally.
Is there anyone who fails the practicals in Class 10?
You will undoubtedly receive passing grades in CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals. You will receive passing grades from your teacher. You may have lower grades, but you will not fail.
What exactly is a lab manual?
The paper you give your test users to assist their exploration of the interface you’re testing will be referred to as a “lab manual.”
What is the best way to create a CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals?
All CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals should be written in the past tense, impersonally. Personal pronouns should be avoided while writing impersonally. Personal terms such as we, I, you, they, and he or she are included in these expressions.
From where can I download the Science Practicals for Class 10 CBSE PDF?
You can download CBSE Class 10 Science Practicals from the above article.