UPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Examination Paper I – (200 marks)
- Current affairs and current events of international and national importance.
- General science
- General issues on Climate Change, Environmental Ecology and Biodiversity (It don’t require subject specialization )
- Indian National Movement and History of India.
- World and Indian Geography- It contains Rights Issues, Physical Geography of India and the world, Economic Geography of India and the world, Social Geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Public Policy, Political System, Panchayati Raj, etc.
- Social Development and Economic – It contains Social Sector initiatives, Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Demographics, and Poverty etc.
UPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Examination Paper II – (200 marks) (Duration two hours)
- Problem-solving and Decision-making
- General mental ability
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level), Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level).
- Analytical ability and Logical reasoning.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
UPSC Syllabus for Main Examinations
Your rank in UPSC CSE will only depend on Main Examinations and your Interview (Personality Test). Your UPSC CSE Main consists of 1750 marks and Interview (Personality Test) section consists of 275 marks.
Your UPSC syllabus for the main examination contains nine papers, but only seven papers are considered for final ranking. In the remaining two papers, you have to secure minimum marks which are declared by UPSC every year and the main Exam of UPSC Civil Services is the totally written examination and it consists of following papers which are mentioned below.
Two papers which only qualifying papers and not counted for your final ranking.
(You have to select any one Indian Language from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Indian Constitution). Total Marks 300.
Note: – If you belong to Sikkim, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, and Arunachal Pradesh, these papers are not necessary for you.
English language. Total Marks 300.
For essential books on UPSC exam, Please Click here.