SSC GD Constable Salary: Candidates who are selected for SSC GD will be paid between Rs 21,700 and Rs 69,100 per month. For different posts in the Staff Selection Commission General Duty Constable test, the SSC GD pay structure varies.
The Ministry of Home Affairs oversees the Staff Selection Commission’s General Duty (GD) exam. The hiring is done once a year, and lakhs of candidates choose to work for the SSC.
Read the entire article to get more details on SSC GD Constable Salary.
SSC GD Constable Salary 2021
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts many recruitments drives for various posts. Applicants are offered an impressive pay-scale and benefits in addition to the opportunity to serve the country for all the SSC Exam roles. This is one of the main reasons why individuals choose SSC GD as a career path.
Currently, it is conducting GD 2021 Exam to fill the SSC GD Vacancy for various posts like
- Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF),
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP),
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB),
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) and
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF) and
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles
Scroll down to find more details on SSC GD Constable Salary!
SSC GD Constable Salary Structure
The Basic salary of SSC GD Constable after selection will be in the range of Rs 21,700/- to Rs 69,100/-.
Apart from the salary, the employees are entitled to many other benefits like medical facilities, pension schemes, gratuity, and annual paid leaves.
The below is the SSC GD salary for different GD Constables:
SSC GD Constables Salary
Basic SSC GD Salary
House Rent Allowance
Rs. 23, 527
Perks on SSC GD Constable Salary
Aside from the wage listed above, the SSC GD salary also includes the following benefits and allowances:
- Transportation Allowance
- Medical Facilities
- Pension schemes
- Annual paid leaves
- Security allowances
- Field allowances
SSC GD Constable Job Profile
Below is the list of responsibilities of the SSC GD Constable. Go through the job description of SSC GD Constable below.
- The SSC GD Constables will be initially appointed as escorts or guards.
- In absence of a Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector, the SSC GD Constables will have to look after and supervise all the activities.
- SSC GD Constables might have to investigate cases if the Sub-Inspector asks him.
- Duties of Station Writer might also come to GD Constables
- Any other task or duties assigned by the SHO will have to be performed by the GD Constables.
Major Responsibilities of SSC GD Constable
The below is a comprehensive career description for SSC GD Constables in different security forces:
1 – GD Constable in BSF
- To protect the Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
- To promotes a sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
2 – GD Constable in ITBP
- To protect the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- To restore and preserve order in any area in the event of a disturbance.
- Vigilance on the northern borders.
- Detection and prevention of border violations.
- Keep a check on illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To provide security to sensitive installations and threatened VIPs.
- To maintain the peace in the assigned areas and promotion of a sense of security among the local populace.
3 – GD Constable in CISF
- To provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.
- Be in-charge of airport security at all commercial airports in India.
- Security on the Delhi Metro is handled by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- To protect the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- Special Security Group (SSG) provides security cover to persons nominated by the Home Ministry
- To provide protection, safety, and security to Industrial undertaking/installations, also offer protection against fire hazards.
4 – GD Constable in SSB
- To monitor and prevent cross-border crimes, and other illegal activities
- Protection of the Indo–Nepal, and Indo–Bhutan borders
5 – GD Constable in CRPF
- To look after the internal security of every part of India
- Operate abroad as part of Indian Peace Keeping Force and the UN peacekeeping missions
- Provide VIP security to election duties, from guarding of vital installations to the counter-Naxal operations.
6 – GD Constable in Assam Rifles
- To provide internal security under the control of the army through the conduct of counter insurgency and border security operations,
- To provide aid to the civil power in times of emergency, and
- To provide communications, medical assistance, and education in remote areas.
- In times of war, working as a combat force to secure rear areas if needed
7 – GD Constable in SSF
- This unit is responsible for entry in Secretariat premises, posting of guards at Secretariat gates and other places of premises,
- To maintain the internal discipline, entry of vehicles and their parking, regulation for taking material out of Secretariat premises, and protection of Secretariat property.
SSC GD Constable Career Growth
The SSC GD Constables have very good opportunities for promotion depending upon their performance. The next level of posts for SSC GD Constables after promotion are as shown in the flow:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
Get Other Highly Important Essentials for SSC GD Constable Exam
SSC GD Constable Study Materials
To score more and clear all your rounds of examination, it is important to prepare well with a wide range of GD Constable Study Materials, SSC GD Constable Books, and SSC GD Constable Question papers.
Know more about SSC GD Constable Study Materials: CLICK HERE
FAQ’s Related To SSC GD Constable Salary
1- What is the SSC GD Constable Salary in-hand given to an applicant who is chosen by the GD exam?
The SSC GD Constable salary in-hand given for applicants entering as General Duty Constables is 23537/-.
2- Aside from the SSC GD Constable Salary, what other incentives are given to applicants?
Aside from the SSC GD Constable salary, an employee of GD constable earns benefits such as Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance, Medical Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and so on.
3- What is the work profile of an SSC Constable?
The safety and security of the nation and its residents are the primary duties of candidates who are chosen in the SSC GD. Read the article to know a detailed GD work profile.
4- Is there a period of probation after completing the SSC GD exam?
Yes, after being chosen in the SSC Constable GD test, applicants must first complete a probationary term.
5- What are the possibilities of advancing in your career if I clear the SSC GD Exam?
After clearing the SSC General Duty test, you are entitled to be promoted to the multiple positions after serving for the required amount of time. Read the above article for more details of career growth.
6- What happens if my SSC GD online form payment is unsuccessful?
Candidates who have paid the SSC GD Constable application fee but have not obtained payment data from the bank can recover payment information by entering their registration id and password.
7- What is the pay-scale for Rifleman GD?
The pay-scale for Rifleman GD are: INR 21700- 69100.
8- What is a BSF soldier’s salary?
The BSF salary scale ranges from between INR 4,440 and INR 7,440 to between INR 37,400 and INR 67,000.
We have covered a detailed guide on the SSC GD Constable Salary 2021. If you have any queries related to SSC Exam, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.