UPSC CDS Salary, Job Profile, and Career Growth
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various recruitment drives for different posts and departments. Combined Defence Services (CDS) is one such post which has a huge demand and the employees are highly paid. It is one of the prestigious jobs as the candidates will be appointed in the team of defense. As the UPSC CDS Recruitment has begun, it is important for candidates to know how much are the employees paid and how is the job and its future scopes. So, here in this blog, we have provided complete insights of UPSC CDS Salary, Job Profile, and Career growth. Candidates who have applied for this post can go through the blog to know more in detail.
UPSC CDS Salary
The CDS involves three fields: Air, Navy, and Army. Here is the table for all these three services separately. The table shows the salary details of the Combined Defence Services.
Indian Navy and Air Force Salary
|Lieutenant to Major||Rs 15,600-39,100 (PB-3)|
|Lt. Colonel to Major General||Rs 37,400-67,000 (PB-4)|
|Lt. General. HAG scale||Rs 67,000 (annual increment @ 3%) – 79,000|
|HAG Scale (* Admissible to 1/3rd of the total strength of Lt. Gens)||Rs 75,500 (annual increment @ 3%) – 80,000|
|VCO/AS/Army Cdr/ Lt. Gen (NFSG)||Rs 80,000/- (Fixed)|
|COAS||Rs 90,000/- (Fixed)|
Indian Army Salary
|Post||Pay Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
Apart from this salary, the employees are entitled to many other perks and allowances like
- Brigadier and above INR 10,500/-
- Major to Colonel INR 14,000/-
- Captain and Equivalent INR 11,000/-
- Lt. and Equivalent INR 9,000/-
UPSC CDS Dearness Allowances (DA): Same rate and applicable under the same conditions as that of are the Civilian Gazetted Officers from time to time.
UPSC CDS Kit maintenance allowance: INR 400/- per month
UPSC CDS Field Area Allowance: On the basis of the field areas that the UPSC CDS Officers are posted to, they enjoy the compensatory Field Area Allowance.
- The Compensatory Highly active field allowance rates are INR 6,780/- to INR 8,400/- p.m.
- Compensatory Field Area Allowance at the rate of INR 4,200/- to INR 5,200/- p.m.
- Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance at the rate of INR 1,600/- to INR 2,000/- p.m.
- Additionally, officers posted to the areas situated at a height of 9,000 ft. and above enjoy an extra High Altitude Allowance in the range of INR 1,060 p.m. to INR 11,200 pm. The amount is decided on the basis of the officer rank and place of posting.
- Siachen Allowance: A rate of INR 14000/- per month is granted to the officers of all ranks in addition to the Compensatory Field Area Allowance. However, a rule applied to this allowance is that it is not admissible along with other High Altitude / Uncongenial climate allowance.
- Uniform allowance: For a one-time kit, the Initial allowance received by the UPSC CDS officers is INR 14000/- and INR 3,000/- for every three years. The officers also receive free rations.
- Transport allowance: The transport allowance is applicable in two categories:
- In A-1/A class cities INR 3,200/- + DA thereon p.m.
- At other places INR 1,600/- + DA thereon p.m.
UPSC CDS Job Profile and Career Growth
UPSC offers a great job profile in Defence services. Below is the table showing the growth of the Officer.
|Lieutenant||On completion of Training|
|Captain||2 years of commissioned service|
|Major||6 years of Commissioned Service|
|Lieutenant Colonel||13 years of Commissioned Service|
|colonel||15 years of Commissioned Service|
|Colonel (TS)||16 years of Commissioned Service|
|Brigadier||23 years of Commissioned Service|
|Major General||25years of Commissioned Service|
|Lieutenant General||28 years of Commissioned Service|
Thus, candidates who are appearing for the UPSC CDS Exam can go through the detailed salary structure and job profile of UPSC CDS post. start preparing well from the CDS Books available online.