UGC NET Salary and Career Scope
The University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NTA) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to determine the eligibility of post-graduate candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). As UGC NET recruitment 2019 for the current year has begun, there is an ample amount of time for the exam. There are candidates who are worried about the salary and future scope after qualifying the UGC NET exam 2019. So, here we have provided some guidelines to candidates regarding the UGC NET Salary and Career Scope. UGC NET has numerous job opportunities in the teaching field and research. But, it is not only limited to these two careers, but there are also many career options like candidates can join many reputed PSUs which consider the UGC NET exam score for hiring to certain posts.
UGC NET Salary and Career Scope
1. UGC NET Career Options after qualifying JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)
Candidates who qualify for JRF have an option to pursue research in their respective postgraduate subject and can choose the universities and/or colleges among the NET coordinating institutes. Candidates can enroll themselves for the Ph.D. course offered by universities and IIMs.
- The candidate is awarded a fellowship for 5 years, after qualifying NET_JRF and enrolling in a Ph.D. course.
- For the first two years, the fellowship of Rs 31,000/- + HRA per month (depends on different institutes) and for the next three years, the fellowship of Rs 35,000/- + HRA per month is provided. This offers great UGC NET Salary and Career Scope.
- Apart from these, many other grants may be provided depending on the policy of the concerned university. The fellowship offered by private universities and IIMs varies depending on their respective program policies.
- Qualifying JRF offers dual benefits i.e., stipend like a regular job and a Doctorate degree.
- The next option is to work as a researcher in a corporate company. Some of the organizations recruit JRF-qualified candidates to carry out the research work for the benefit of their company.
2. UGC NET Career Options after qualifying for Assistant Professor
Candidates who qualify for Assistant Professor through UGC NET can choose the option to pursue a career in the teaching field.
- Through UGC NET, the candidate is eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
- They can explore the best universities across the country and start applying for the post of Assistant Professor with their valid scorecard.
- Candidates can expect a lucrative pay in the range of Rs 25,000/- to Rs 40,000/- per month in the initial phase based on the scores, skills, and colleges
- The UGC NET Qualifiers can also avail other career options by joining as a faculty at a coaching institute to train the aspirants for UGC NET Exam
3. Career Options in Public Sector Undertakings After Qualifying UGC NET
Qualifying UGC NET Exam opens the doors to several prestigious PSUs for the qualified candidates
- UGC NET qualified candidates are shortlisted by top PSUs such as ONGC, NTPC, EdCIL, etc.
- Candidates can apply for various posts in government organizations with their UGC NET scorecard.
- These companies recruit mainly in the fields of HR, Finance, and Marketing.
Thus, Candidates who qualify the UGC NET with high score have a lot of career opportunities. Hope our UGC NET Salary and Career Scope has helped you in knowing information regarding the career options. Stay tuned for more information. As there is an ample amount of time for the exam, candidates can start their preparation for the UGC NET Exam with a wide range of UGC NET Preparation Books.
30% OffEbook₹40.00 ₹28.000070% OffEbook₹180.00 ₹5470% OffEbook₹60.00 ₹1871% OffEbook₹445.00 ₹13371% OffEbook₹115.00 ₹3470% OffEbook₹160.00 ₹4870% OffEbook₹99.00 ₹3071% OffEbook₹95.00 ₹2870% OffEbook₹180.00 ₹5470% OffEbook₹330.00 ₹9970% OffEbook₹99.00 ₹3071% OffEbook₹195.00 ₹5870% OffEbook₹80.50 ₹24.570% OffEbook₹220.00 ₹6670% OffEbook₹560.00 ₹16870% OffEbook₹499.00 ₹15075% OffEbook₹80.00 ₹20.000070% OffEbook₹310.00 ₹93