50+ Essential Questions About CSIR NET 2019 Exam You Should Know
50+ Essential Questions about CSIR NET 2019 exam: Are you preparing for CSIR NET exam 2019? Do you want to build your career in the research field?
If your answer is yes, then this article is for you. Here we are covering the detailed guide on 50+ Essential Questions about CSIR NET 2019 exam you should know.
50+ Essential Questions About CSIR NET 2019 exam You should Know
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) NET is the national level exam conducted by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research to check the eligibility of the candidates to apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS).
Here you can check essential questions about CSIR NET exam 2019 Frequently Asked Questions from below.
Essential CSIR NET Exam 2019 Frequently Asked Questions
- Question. How to check the examination notification 2019?
Answer. You can check the information related to the examination on its official website, i.e. csirnet.nta.nic.in.
- Question. How to rectify the mistake after submitting the online application form?
Answer. You should know that in case of any incorrect information, NTA will reject the application. You cannot change the details of the application form once it is submitted.
- Question. How can I get the application form for the NET Examination?
Answer. You can find from the CSIR official website, csirnet.nta.nic.in.
- Complete guide on How to apply CSIR NET exam 2019?
- Question. What payment modes are applicable for the Examination 2019?
Answer. Only online payment mode is available. You can pay for the CSIR examination online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Question. Do we need to upload any documents while submitting the application form?
Answer. Yes, you have to upload various documents while filling the application form. The essential documents are:
- Scanned copies of the photograph and signature
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate, etc.
- Question. What is the acceptable photograph size that needs to be attached in the application form?
Answer. Your photograph size should be less than 200 KB.
- The format of the scanned photograph should be in JPEG/JPG.
- The dimension range is from 130 x 160 to 260 x 360.
- Question. Is it necessary to have an email id to submit the application form?
Answer. Yes. You should an email address for registration and online application for the exam because all the required essential examination details will be sent in the email.
- Question. What preferences do I have to choose at the time of applying for the examination?
Answer. You can give a preference from below three options.
- For JRF (Junior Research Fellowship),
- For LS (Lectureship),
- For both.
- Question. Who are eligible for CSIR NET Exam 2019?
Answer. You have to complete the following degrees are eligible to appear for the examination:
- Integrated BS-MS,
- BS- 4 years,
- Or an equivalent degree.
If you are waiting for the results can also apply, but your results should be provided within the validity period of two years to avail of the fellowship.
- Question. Can I register for the exam after completion of a B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
Answer. No. You will not be eligible with only B.Sc. / Bachelor’s degree. But you will be eligible in a condition as below.
- After completion of the Bachelor’s degree, if you enrol for a PhD or Integrated PhD program within two years.
- Question. What is the age limit for CSIR NET Exam 2019?
Answer. For JRF, your maximum age limit should be 28 years. It is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Disability/female applicants. For OBC applicants, it is relaxed for three years.
For LS (NET), there is no upper age limit.
- Question. How many examination centres are available for this exam?
Answer. This examination will be held in 222 exam centres in various parts of India.
- Question. How much is the application fees?
Answer. You have to pay Rs 1000 as the application fee. For SC/ST/PWD, it is Rs 250, and for OBC, it is Rs 500.
- Question. What are the languages for the exam question paper?
Answer. The available languages are Hindi and English.
- Question. How many marks exam of NET CSIR 2019?
Answer. The NET Examination pattern is multiple choice-based questions carrying a total of 200 marks.
- Question. In which subjects is this examination conducted?
Answer. The test will be conducted for five subjects:
- CSIR NET Chemical Science
- CSIR NET Life Science
- CSIR NET Mathematical Science
- CSIR NET Physical Science
- CSIR NET Earth Sciences
- Question. Am I eligible to apply for the examination after PhD?
Answer. Yes. But your Master’s degree should be completed before September 19, 1991, with minimum 50 % marks are eligible for Lectureship only.
- Question. Can I write the answer sheet using an ink pen?
Answer. No, you have to use a black ballpoint pen only to write in the OMR answer sheet.
- Question. What is the question paper pattern?
Answer. The question paper is divided into three sections:
- Part A: Common to all subjects. This part contains 20 questions of General Aptitude. Marks allocated for this part is 30.
- Part B: subject-related general multiple-choice questions. Around 20-35 questions need to be attempted here. Marks allocated for this part is 70.
- Part C: Contains higher value questions to test the candidate’s knowledge and application of scientific concepts. Questions are analytical, and total marks allocated here is 100.
- Question. How much stipend is provided to JRF?
Answer. You will get a stipend of 25000 per month for two years as a JRF.
- Question. How can I get the admit card for the examination?
Answer. You can download CSIR NET exam 2019 admit card from the official website i.e.csirnet.nta.nic.in. You have to enter the application form number and date of birth.
- Question. What information is available in the admit card?
Answer. It contains all the important information such as the
- Your name,
- Roll number,
- Registration number,
- Your category,
- Examination time and venue,
- And a few important instructions related to the exam.
- Question. What are the cut-off marks for the CSIR NET 2019 Examination?
Answer. NTA releases the cut off marks on the official after the declaration of results.
- Question. How long will it take to declare the result after the examination? How can I get a notification for it?
Answer. After three months of completion of the exam, the results will be declared. You can quickly check your results from the official website. You will get a notification via email related to the result declaration.
- Question. Do you receive a certificate after completing the NET exam?
Answer. Yes, you have to send your documents to the CSIR official address to get the certificate.
- Question. How can I get the NET certificate?
Answer. You have to send the self-attested photocopies of the following documents for verification –
- 10th Marksheet / Birth Certificate
- Provisional Degree of Graduation or Post-Graduation Degree
- Final Marksheet with Required percentage of Marks
- Caste Certificate
- Copy of CSIR NET Results
- Question. Where should you send the documents for verification to get the NET certificate?
Answer. You have to send an attested copy of the required documents through Registered post or Speed Post to,
- The Section Officer, Certificate Section, HRD Group, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue Road, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012.
- Question. Who is eligible to get CSIR Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship?
Answer. This fellowship is provided to the toppers of the CSIR JRF. This fellowship is provided in the memory of CSIR’s first Vice-President Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
- Question. Can I get the answer keys after the examination?
Answer. Yes. You can get it online from the official website. You need to click on the link for the answer keys for your subject from the website.
- Question. Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Answer. Yes. Your 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Question. Do the JRF candidates need to pay any income tax for their fellowship?
Answer. No, you do not have to pay any income tax in the fellowship tenure.
- Question. Is there any merit list released by the Council after the CSIR NET examination?
Answer. Yes, two separate merit lists will be released based on the performance of the candidates.
- For JRF qualifying candidates
- For candidates qualifying for Lectureship (NET)
- Question. Is the CSIR NET exam tough?
Answer. CSIR exam is neither tough nor more comfortable. With a better strategy and smart study plan during preparation, you can easily crack it.
- Question. What is the use of the NET exam?
Answer. NET is the national level exam conducted by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research to check the eligibility of the candidates to apply for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS).
- Question. How many attempts are available for NET?
Answer. There is no limit on the maximum number of attempts. But make sure that your age limit is not more than 28 years for JRF (NET) and five years relaxation for any reserved caste-like SC/ST/OBC.
- Question. What is the salary of a net qualified lecturer?
Answer. You will easily get a salary of around 45,000INR per month for the post of assistant professor, 80,000INR per month for the position of associate professor, and 82,000INR per month for the post of professor.
- Question. What can I do after CSIR NET?
Answer. You will get various career scope after passing the CSIR exam. Some Career opportunities after clearing the Exam are,
- Go for a PhD.
- Perform Lectureship.
- Join DRDO Labs to Perform Research and Other Scientific Activities.
- Get Recruited as Technical or Support Staff!
- PSU Jobs.
- Research fellowship in CSIR labs.
- Question. Can I give the NET exam after BSc?
Answer. You are not eligible to apply for the NET, having PG is eligible to write Net Exam.
Question. How can I prepare for CSIR NET Exam 2019?
- Answer. To prepare well for the Exam, you should complete the syllabus of Part- A and the Part-B Section and then take the Part-C Topics in detail.
Question. What is the difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET?
- Answer. UGC NET Exam is conducted for almost all subjects of every stream, but the CSIR NET exam is held only for the science stream subjects. CSIR NET Exam has only one paper of 3 hours while UGC NET has two papers with the time duration of 3 hours.
- Question. Is the calculator allowed in the exam?
Answer. No calculator is allowed in the CSIR NET exam, be it for any stream.
Essential CSIR UGC NET 2019 Cutoff FAQs
- Question. What are the minimum marks to qualify CSIR NET exam?
Answer. The qualifying marks vary based on the category of candidates. These are,
- 33% for General/ EWS and OBC category,
- 25% for SC/ ST and PwD candidates.
- Question. Do candidates have to score minimum marks in Part-A, Part-B and Part-C of CSIR UGC NET exam?
Answer. No, there is no sectional cutoff in the exam, the cumulative score of all three parts will be considered for deciding CSIR NET Cutoff.
- Question. Does CSIR release common cutoff for all the categories?
Answer. No, CSIR releases separate cutoffs for General, EWS, OBC, SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Question. Is there a common cutoff for JRF and Lectureship?
Answer. No, the separate cutoff will be released for the post of Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship in each subject.
- Question. When will CSIR UGC NET 2019 cutoff be released?
Answer. CSIR NET Cut off for December 2019 session will be released in January 2020.
- Question. Is there any sectional Cut Off in CSIR NET 2019?
Answer. There is no sectional Cut off in CSIR NET 2019.
Bonus Questions On CSIR UGC NET 2019
- Question. What is the benefit of CSIR NET Exam 2019?
Answer. You will get various benefits after qualifying the CSIR NET Exam 2019.
- You can be eligible for asst. professor in college.
- You will get a scholarship as a JRF.
- You will get research opportunities in various PSU’s or private organisations.
50. Question. When is CSIR NET Exam 2019?
Answer. CSIR NET Exam is conducted twice in a year. Check the exam dates from below.
- December 15, 2019
- June 21, 2020
51. Question. Can BE/BTech give CSIR NET Exam 2019?
Answer. Yes, they can.
52. Question. What if I absent in CSIR NET Exam 2019?
Answer. You will miss the chance to appear in the exam. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research will not be going to conduct the re-exam.
53. Question. What important document to send CSIR NET Exam 2019 to issue of Qualifying Certificate?
Answer. After qualifying the Exam, you have to send attested/self-attested photocopies of the following documents for verification and issue of Qualifying Certificate:
- Your X class certificate as a proof of date of birth
- Your Degree/provisional degree of qualifying exam/M.Sc. or equivalent degree
- Your final mark sheet with the required percentage of marks
- Your Caste certificate, if applicable.
- If you are from OBC category, you have to submit the latest OBC caste certificate (Non-creamy layer)
- If you are Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped, you have to submit a certificate as per Govt. of India rules.
- If you have applied under Result Awaited (RA) category (M.Sc. or equivalent), then you need to submit the required documents only after completion of the requisite qualification.
54. Question. Who conducts the CSIR NET Exam?
Answer. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the CSIR NET exam.
55. Question. How to crack CSIR NET 2019 exam?
Answer. With a better preparation plan and best quality study materials you can crack the CSIR NET exam. To boost your preparation, we are providing best quality study materials. You can easily download from the below link.
We have covered the guide on 50+ Essential Questions about CSIR NET 2019 exam. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.