CSIR NET Application Form 2020: CSIR NET is the national level exam organized by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research to check the eligibility of You to apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS).
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has extended the CSIR UGC NET June 2020 online application dates till June 30 due to the COVID-19 outbreak. NTA has also provided relaxation in uploading the certificates/ documents except for photographs and signature.
In this article, you will get step by step guide to fill online CSIR NET Application Form 2020.
CSIR NET Application Form 2020
In order to fill the CSIR NET 2020 Application Form, you must fulfill the CSIR NET Eligibility Criteria. You can fill the form for CSIR NET Exam through the official site of NTA. The Application process is based on online mode only.
You should note that the last date to apply online for CSIR UGC NET 2020 exam was April 15 earlier. However, the last date was extended by National Testing Agency (NTA) first to May 15 then to May 31, June 15 and June 30 in view of the prevalent situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The CSIR UGC NET 2020 application form was released on March 16 on the CSIR NET 2020 official website csirNET.nta.nic.in.
The CSIR NET 2020 exam was scheduled to be held on June 21. However, currently, the revised date for the conduct of the exam is yet to be announced.
CSIR NET Application Form 2020 Documents Required
You must have the following documents handy before filling the CSIR NET Application Form:
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets, graduation certificate, and other academic certificates
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- You whose results are awaited (RA category) need to upload Attestation Form, attested by the HoD from the concerned University/College/Institute
- Bank details for NET banking, cards or UPI apps
How To Fill Online CSIR NET Application Form?
The steps to fill CSIR NET application form are given below:
Step 1: Register for CSIR NET 2020
- You need to visit the CSIR NET official website csirnet.nta.nic.in for online registration.
- Click on the link available for filling the application form
- Click on the New Registration button
- Download the CSIR NET information brochure and read the instructions on the page carefully
- Click on the checkbox at the bottom of the page and click on ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button. On clicking the button, CSIR NET registration form will open on the screen.
- Fill all details asked in the registration form:
|Mother’s name||Date of birth|
|ID type||ID card number|
|Complete address||Email ID|
- Choose a password
- Choose a security question and enter the security answer
- Enter the security pin shown on the screen
- Click on Submit
- Verify the details entered and click on the checkboxes at the end of the page
- Click on the Final Submit button
Step 2: Fill CSIR UGC NET application form
Next, You need to click on the Complete Application Form button and proceed further towards the online application form filling for CSIR NET 2020. Details that you need to fill in the form are:
|PwD category||Whether a candidate is diabetic|
|Minority community status|
|Post for which a candidate is applying (JRF and/or Assistant Professor)||Subject opted for NET|
|Specialisation opted for NET||Exam city preference (four choices in order of priority)|
|Medium of question paper||–|
|Educational Details (of Both Graduation & Post-Graduation)|
|Pass status||Course/stream name|
|Exam from India/Outside India||University/institute name|
|Year of passing/appearing||Result mode (Percentage/CGPA)|
|Marks details (obtained marks, total marks, obtained percentage)||Date of admission|
|Institute name and address||Institute pincode|
|If already a doctoral student (Yes/No)||Specialisation, if any|
- Enter the security code shown on the screen
- Click on Submit
- Verify the details filled and click on the checkboxes at the end of the page
- Click on the Final Submit button
Step 3: Upload scanned photo and signature
As the next step, you need to upload the scanned images of their photo and signature as per the prescribed specifications:
|Document||Format||Size (in KB)|
Step 4: Pay CSIR UGC NET application fee
CSIR NET 2020 application fee in online mode through debit card/credit card/net banking/UPI/Paytm gateway.
You can make the payment through SBI MOPS/ICICI payment gateway/Paytm payment gateway. The category-wise CSIR NET application fee 2020 is mentioned below:
CSIR NET Application Fee 2020 (in Rs)
OBC – Non-creamy layer
Once the fee is successfully paid, a confirmation page will be generated. You need to print at least three copies of the confirmation page and retain it for future reference.
- You must enter personal details like name, date of birth, and contact details like email ID, mobile number and address to get the registration number and password.
- You need to upload scanned images of their Photograph and Signature
- To complete the CSIR NET application form fill process, You can pay the application fees online using their debit card, credit card, or NET banking.
CSIR NET Application Form Correction 2020
The exam authorities will provide a CSIR NET application form correction window. You will be able to make changes in the application form that they have already submitted. The CSIR NET application form date for correction will be announced.
Follow the steps given below to make CSIR NET application form correction:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the exam.
- Step 2: Click on the application form correction tab at the bottom of the page.
- Step 3: Log in to the registered account using the application number and password.
- Step 4: Read the instructions carefully and click on the ‘I Agree’ checkbox.
- Step 5: Make the required changes in the application form.
- Step 6: Click on the Submit button.
- Step 7: Verify the entered details carefully.
- Step 8: Click on the checkboxes under the ‘Parameters checklist to be verified’ header.
- Step 9: Click on the checkbox for declaration.
- Step 10: Click on the Final Submit button.
- Step 11: Take a printout of the revised confirmation page.
We have covered a detailed guide on CSIR NET Application Form 2020. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment below.