NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 describes alcohols, phenols, and ethers as per the IUPAC system of nomenclature. It is a necessary study resource for all students studying chemistry in CBSE Class 12. The solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 PDF assist students in practicing essential structures and formulas from the aldehydes, ketones, and carboxylic acids topic through exercises, worksheets, and assignments. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 have 33 questions at the end of the chapter that is answered accurately on the basis of CBSE guidelines. These solutions are designed to cover all the concepts of this chapter.
- All you need to know about: Class 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions
NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 PDF: Alcohols Phenols and Ethers NCERT Solutions
Download Alcohols Phenols and Ethers NCERT Solutions PDF:
Class 12 Chemistry NCERT solutions pdf is an excellent study material that is required for all students studying Class 12th to score higher marks. These solutions assist the students to solve exercises, assignments, & practicing important structures and formulas from the topics of aldehydes ketones, and carboxylic acids.
Class 12 Chemistry Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers NCERT Solutions PDF – Important Questions
Draw the structures of all isomeric alcohols of molecular formula C5H12O and give their IUPAC names.
Explain why propanol has a higher boiling point than hydrocarbon, butane.
Give the structures and IUPAC names of monohydric phenols of molecular formula, C7H8O.
Write the mechanism of hydration of ethene to yield ethanol.
Explain how does the –OH group attached to a carbon of benzene ring activates it towards electrophilic substitution.
What will you get in Alcohols Phenols and Ethers Class 12 NCERT Solutions PDF?
Students will study alkane from which the alcohol is derived in this chapter. They will learn the positions of the -OH group and other substituents that are designated by using the numbers of carbon atoms to which these are connected. They will get to know that the simplest hydroxy derivative of benzene is phenol.
- A structure of phenol contains a benzene ring, in its substituted compounds the terms ortho (1,2- disubstituted, para (1,4- disubstituted), and meta (1,3- disubstituted) are often used in the common names.
- The reactions that take place during the production of alcohol from alcohols, phenols, and ethers. The reactions take place when phenols are made from benzene sulphonic acids, haloarenes, cumene, and diazonium salts.
- Alcohols, alkyl halides, and sodium alkoxides are used in this reaction to make ethers.
Subtopics of Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 – Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Structures of Functional groups
- Alcohols and phenols
- Some Commercially Important alcohols
Other Important Links Related To Class 12 Chemistry
Here you can check links to various study materials related to the 12th Chemistry:
Why Opt for KopyKitab?
- NCERT updates, practice papers, and previous year questions are all available on KopyKitab.
- All of the material we give is the result of the subject teachers’ knowledge and competence.
- These study materials will assist you in getting good grades on your exam.
- CBSE Class 12 Chemistry chapter 11 solutions pdf are framed by the subject matter experts so that students can easily understand the topics of this chapter.
We have covered the detailed guide on CBSE Class 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions Chapter 11. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.
FAQs on NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11
What is Ethers?
Ethers are a class of organic compounds that contain an ether group. An ether group is an oxygen atom connected to two alkyl or aryl groups.
How to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 PDF?
Go through the above article to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 PDF.
How many questions are there in NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11?
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Ch 11 has 33 questions correctly answered based on CBSE guidelines.
What do we learn from Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 Alcohols Phenols and Ethers?
Students will study the reactions involved in the process of making alcohol from alcohol, phenol, and ether. They will learn about the reaction of ether formation from alcohols, alkyl halides, and sodium alkoxides and the physical properties of ethers, alcohols, and phenols.
Why do we download NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 Alcohols Phenols and Ethers PDF?
The students can use NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 as reference material as they try to solve the exercise questions on their own.
Can I access Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 Alcohols Phenols and Ethers solutions on mobile?
Yes. You can download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Chemistry chapter 11 pdf & access it from any device.