CBSE Class 11 Biology chapter 3 NCERT solutions are prepared appropriately for the students so that they can understand each topic easily & quickly as well as remember while preparing for the final exam.
NCERT solutions for class 11 Biology chapter 3 plant kingdom enables the students to learn about algae, bryophytes, pteridophytes, angiosperms and gymnosperms.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3 – Plant Kingdom
It is essential that the students learn class 11 Biology chapter 3 NCERT solutions properly because they are the base for the concepts covered in class 12. So, these solutions are created in an easily language with diagrams & tables that enables the students to understand the topics rather than memorizing.
The students can refer to these solutions while solving the questions from the NCERT textbook. Class 11 Biology chapter 3 NCERT solutions are very beneficial for the students to grasp the concepts in a structured manner, enhance their theoretical & analytical skills to get high ranks in the exam.
You can download CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3 from below.
The students can access NCERT solutions for class 11 Biology chapter 3 pdf download online as well offline & study them anywhere & anytime. These solutions are prepared by the subject experts that have extensive knowledge of this subject.
What will you learn in NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 3?
Class 11 Biology chapter 3 enable the students to learn about Plant kingdom in detail including algae, bryophytes, pteridophytes, angiosperms and gymnosperms. They will study about different species in detail on the habitat, lifecycle, characteristics of these categories with examples.
They will study the classification of algae-based on the type of pigment possessed and the type of stored food such as,
- Angiosperms and
- Concept of Plant Life Cycles and Alternation of Generations
They get the knowledge of bryophytes, how they are dependent both on soil and water for their existence. Biology chapter 3 solutions are beneficial for the students while preparing for the final exam as well as doing homework. The students can easily access the solutions pdf download & these solutions also include diagrams & tables wherever required.
NCERT solutions are designed according to the latest CBSE syllabus that includes precise & elaborated answers. These solutions assist the students to score good marks in the final exams.
The solutions cover the following excercises:
- Exercise 3.1 – Algae
- Exercise 3.2 – Bryophytes
- Exercise 3.3 – Pteridophytes
- Exercise 3.4 – Gymnosperms
- Exercise 3.5 – Angiosperms
- Exercise 3.6 – Plant Life cycles and alternation of generations
Important Terms On Plant Kingdom
1. Numerical Taxonomy: Carried out using computers, Based on all observable characteristics, Data processed after assigning number and codes to all the characters. Advantages: Each character gets equal importance and a number of characters can be considered.
2. Cytotaxonomy: Based on cytological information. Gives importance to chromosome number, structure and behaviour.3. Chemataxonomy: Based on Chemical constituents of the plants.
Importance Of Algae
1. Help in carbon dioxide fixation by carrying out photosynthesis and have immense economic importance.2. At least half of the total carbon dioxide fixation on earth carried out by them.3. Increases dissolved oxygen level in their environment.4. Many species like Laminaria, Sargassum, Porphyra etc. are used as food.5. Agar obtained from Gelidiumand Gracilaria which is used in ice-creams and jellies and to grow microbes.6. Algin obtained from brown algae and carrageen from red algae used commercially as hydrocolloids.7. Chlorella and Spirullina are unicellular algae, rich in protein and used even by space travellers.8. Algae are unicellular like Chlamydomonas, colonial like Volvox or filamentous like spirogyra and Ulothrix.9. Occur in water, soil, wood moist stones etc.
Reproduction In Algae
1. Vegetative reproduction: by fragmentation2. Asexual Reproduction: Flagellated zoospores in Chlorophyceae, Biflagellated zoospores in Phaeophycease,3. By non-motile spores in Rhodophyceae.4. Sexual Reproduction: Isogamous, anisogamous or oogamous in chlorophyceae and Phaeophyceae.5. By non-motile gametes and oogamous in Rhodophyceae.
Reproduction in Bryophytes
1. Vegetative reproduction by fragmentation.2. Asexual reproduction by gemmae formed in gemma cups.3. Sexual reproduction: Main plant body is haploid, produces gametes and so called Gametophyte. By fusion of antherozoids produced in antheridium and egg cell produced in archegonium, results in formation of zygote which develops into sporophytic structure differentiated into foot, seta and capsule.4. Spores produced in a capsule germinate to from free-living gametophyte (Protonema).5. Sporophyte is not free living but attached to photosynthetic gametophyte from which derives nutrition.
Benefits of following NCERT Biology Chapter 3 Solutions
You will get 12 intext questions with answers for Class 11 Bio Ch 3 in this PDF. Solutions help students in acquiring knowledge about Biological Classification and increasing the quality of the answers which they are going to write in their Biology exam. If you download the free PDF of this chapter, then you will find multiple short and long questions and scientific meanings of Biological Classification in the exercise. Let us provide you with the solutions to the questions that are described in the exercise.
We have covered the complete guide on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 3 Plant Kingdom. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.