NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 10 enable the students to learn about straight lines and explanation that represent its’ algebraic form. These solutions emphasizes on the slope of the line and steps to find it & has many subtopics.
These subtopics have their own exercises that assist the students with a detailed explanation.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 Straight Lines
NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 10 provide an extensive interpretation of the topic. The important topics covered in this chapter Straight Lines are the slope of a line, Horizontal and vertical Lines, Point-slope form, Two-point form, Slope-intercept form that help the students in mastering all these topics. The students can conveniently download 11th class maths chapter 10 NCERT solutions in the PDF format.
You can download CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 Straight Lines from below.
What will you learn in CBSE Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 Straight Lines?
There are a total of four exercises in this chapter. The major concepts of Maths covered in NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 10 are:
- 1 Introduction: The students will learn a brief of the straight lines & its’ different parts.
- 2 Slope of a Line: The students will learn calculation of the slope where slope is the inclination of the straight line from x or y-axis.
- 2.1 Slope of a line when coordinates of any two points on the line are given
- 2.2 Conditions for parallelism and perpendicularity of lines in terms of their slopes
- 2.3 Angle between two lines
- 2.4 Collinearity of three points
- 3 Various Forms of the Equation of a Line: The students will learn different forms of the straight line.
- 3.1 Horizontal and vertical lines
- 3.2 Point-slope form
- 3.3 Two-point form
- 3.4 Slope-intercept form
- 3.5 Intercept – form
- 3.6 Normal form
- 4 General Equation of a Line: The students will learn about the general equation of a straight line.
- 4.1 Different forms of Ax + By + C = 0
- Slope-intercept form
- Intercept form
- Normal form
- 5 Distance of a Point From a Line: The students will learn about the method to calculate the distance of a point from a straight line. The formula is in the solution.
- 5.1 Distance between two parallel lines
- Exercise 10.1 solutions
- Exercise 10.2 solutions
- Exercise 10.3 solutions
- Exercise 10.4 Solutions
- Miscellaneous exercise Solutions
Theorems and formulas used in chapter
- If a line makes an angle á with the positive direction of x-axis, the slope of the line is given by m = tan α, α ≠ 90°.
- Two lines are perpendicular if and only if the product of their slopes is –1.
- Three points A, B and C are collinear if and only if slope of AB = slope of BC.
- Equation of the horizontal line having distance ‘a’ from the x-axis is either y = a or y = – a.
- Equation of the vertical line having distance ‘b’ from the y-axis is either x = b or x = – b.
- The point (x, y) lies on the line with slope m and through the fixed point (xo , yo ), if its coordinates makes the equation y – yo = m (x – xo).
- The point (x, y) on the line with slope m and y-intercept c lies on the line if and only if y = mx + c.
- If a line with slope m makes x-intercept d, the equation of the line is y = m (x – d).
- The equation of the line having normal distance from origin p and angle between normal and the positive x-axis ω is given by cosω+ sinω = pyx .
- Any equation of the form Ax + By + C = 0, with A and B are not zero is called the general linear equation or general equation of a line.
We have covered the complete guide on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 Straight Lines. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.