Are you serious about building your career in banking? Do you want to work as an RRB Officer or Clerk? Yes. Then you must focus on the essential elements of the IBPS RRB Exam like the various job profiles along with the career opportunities because through this exam you will be able to chase your dream.
The blog which we have shaped for you will satisfy all your needs in connection with IBPS RRB Salary. Applying for different kinds of positions is as important as knowing about the salary structure.
Must-Know IBPS RRB Salary 2021
Candidates who apply online have a lot of queries regarding the pay scale. We will try to clear some of your confusion here.
As per the recruitment, IBPS RRB 2021 is recruiting for four different posts which include:
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (Manager)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)
The IBPS RRB Salary 2021 for these posts is different. Below is the table comprising of the IBPS RRB Pay scale for different posts.
IBPS RRB Salary For Clerk & Officer Post 2021
IBPS RRB Posts
IBPS RRB salary (In-hand Salary)
IBPS RRB Clerk
Rs. 15000 – Rs.20000
IBPS RRB Officer (PO)
Rs. 29,000 – Rs. 33,000
Rs. 33,000 – Rs. 39,000
Officer Scale III
Rs. 38,000 – Rs. 44,000
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I: Career Growth and Promotions
The positions which fall under the IBPS Structure will make way for all kinds of possibilities. The candidates must keep themselves updated regarding career growth.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I is a position for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in the RRB’s. The in-hand salary of IBPS RRB Officer ranges from Rs. Rs. 29,000 – Rs. 33,000.
Score higher ranks & have better career opportunities
Download excellent study material to enhance exam preparation
An IBPS RRB Officer Scale I will be under probation for a period of 2 years. After that he/she will be appointed as a regular serving employee thereby, being promoted to the post of Assistant Manager. The promotional hierarchy for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I is shown below:
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (PO)
- Assistant Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Branch Manager
- Senior Branch Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
Must-Read Essentials for IBPS RRB Exam 2021
IBPS RRB Salary: Allowances and Other Benefits
Apart from the IBPS Basic Pay, the Officers are entitled to various other allowances and benefits which include
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)/Leased Accommodation
- Travelling Allowance (TA)
- Conveyance Allowance
- Hill Station Allowance
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Leave Travel Concession
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Overtime Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
- Leave Encashment
IBPS RRB Salary Allowances
46.5% of the basic pay.
House Rent Allowance
For Rural Areas: 5% of the basic pay
For Semi-urban Areas: 7.5% of the basic pay
For Urban Areas: 10% of the basic pay
7.75% of the basic pay.
Apart from basic pay, allowances, benefits, and decent IBPS RRB pay scale, there are various other perks of working at RRBs.
IBPS RRB Job Profile: Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of IBPS RRB Officer and Assistants are as below
IBPS RRB Job Profile for Officer Assistant (Multipurpose)
As the name says, Officer Assistant is a clerical job that involves multi-tasking in various departments of the bank. The day to day responsibilities of an Officer Assistant include
- Office Assistants have to verify the documents and proofs that are submitted by the customers.
- Must receive cash, cheques, drafts, pay orders, etc. from the customers.
- Update passbooks of account holders and managing the delivery of cheque books.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistants are responsible for the issuance of Demand Drafts (DDs), cash receipts, and the creation of bank accounts for the customers.
- They also perform data-entry activities.
- Office Assistants are responsible for bank cash, balance sheets, ledger, various important documents of the bank, keys, etc.
- They are responsible for accounts and treasure-related works.
- Office Assistants also have to educate the rural people and provide them with information about the latest government schemes and policies
- They have to help customers with their queries, guide them, and resolve issues.
IBPS RRB Job Profile of Officer Scale-I
The IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I is similar to a provisional officer in a commercial bank. They need to handle regular activities in the bank and monitor all the works. The duties of an Officer Scale-I includes
- Officer Scale I has to supervise the Office Assistants.
- They have to evaluate the applications and other documents submitted by people/farmers asking for loans.
- Recovery of loans is also a very crucial duty of Officer Scale I.
- They have to work towards the implementation of new schemes and policies by the government.
- They have to create reports on the activities of the bank.
- Performing audits and other related tasks are also the jobs of Officer Scale I.
IBPS RRB Job Profile of Officer Scale-II
Officer Scale-II are recruited under various departments like
- Agriculture Officer
- Marketing Officer
- Treasury Officer
- Chartered Accountant
- Information Technology
IBPS RRB Job profile of Officer Scale-III
The Officer Scale-III employees are recruited as Senior Managers
Thus, hope you have received detailed information regarding the IBPS RRB Payscale and job profile. So, start applying now before the last date and prepare well. Start studying for the IBPS RRB Exam with a wide range of IBPS Preparation Books available online.
People Also ASK
Q 1. What is the pay scale of an Officer in Regional Rural Banks?
Ans. The pay scale of an IBPS RRB Officer is 14500-600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700.
Q 2. What is the monthly IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary?
Ans. The basic monthly salary of an Office Assistant in RRB varies between Rs. 15,000/- to Rs.19,000/- per month.
Q 3. What benefits are provided to an employee in IBPS RRB?
Ans. Apart from the IBPS RRB Salary, there are various perks and benefits which are provided to candidates:
House Rent Allowance
Miscellaneous Allowances (Newspaper, Petrol, etc.)
1984 Riot Victims – 5 years
Q 4. What is the job profile of an IBPS RRB Officer?
Ans. An Officer in a Regional Rural Bank has various responsibilities to fulfill. These include:
Bank Retail Operations
Verifying Cash and Payment Transactions
Maintaining Important Data and Files