The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released an official notification for the recruitment of IBPS RRB officer and Officer Assistant Post. As the IBPS RRB Recruitment has begun, candidates have started applying for the post. It is one of the golden opportunities for candidates who are looking forward to work in the banking sector. There are a large number of applicants for IBPS every year due to high paid salary, great career and job profile. This year, IBPS will be filling up more than 8000 vacancies in 45 Regional Rural Banks (RRB). So, candidates who are willing to apply for this opportunity might be wondering what is the salary and job profile of IBPS RRB. So, to help you out with this confusion, we have provided detailed information regarding the IBPS RRB Salary, career growth, and job profile. Take a look at our detailed interesting article to know about the IBPS RRB job and start applying before the last date.
IBPS RRB Salary
As per the recruitment, IBPS RRB is recruiting for four different posts which include:
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (Manager)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)
The IBPS RRB Salary for these posts is different. Below is the table comprising of the IBPS RRB Pay scale for different posts.
IBPS RRB Pay Scale
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Rs 7200-19300|
|Officer Scale-I||Rs 14500-25700|
|Officer Scale-II||Rs 19400-28100|
|Officer Scale-III||Rs 25700-31500|
IBPS RRB Salary: Allowances and Other Benefits
Apart from the IBPS Basic Pay, the Officers are entitled to various other allowances and benefits which include
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)/Leased Accommodation
- Travelling Allowance (TA)
- Conveyance Allowance
- Hill Station Allowance
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Leave Travel Concession
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Overtime Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
- Leave Encashment
Apart from basic pay, allowances, benefits, and decent IBPS RRB pay scale, there are various other perks of working at RRBs.
IBPS RRB Job Profile: Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of IBPS RRB Officer and Assistants are as below
IBPS RRB Job Profile for Officer Assistant (Multipurpose)
As the name says, Officer Assistant is a clerical job which involves multi-tasking in various departments of the bank. The day to day responsibilities of an Officer Assistant include
- Office Assistants have to verify the documents and proofs that are submitted by the customers.
- Must receive cash, cheques, drafts, pay orders, etc. from the customers.
- Update pass books of account holders and managing the delivery of chequebooks.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistants are responsible for the issuance of Demand Drafts (DDs), cash receipts, and creation of bank accounts for the customers.
- They also perform data-entry activities.
- Office Assistants are responsible for bank cash, balance sheets, ledger, various important documents of the bank, keys, etc.
- They are responsible for accounts and treasure related works.
- Office Assistants also have to educate the rural people and provide them with information about the latest government schemes and policies
- They have to help customers with their queries, guide them, and resolve issues.
IBPS RRB Job Profile of Officer Scale-I
The IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I is similar to a provisional officer in a commercial bank. They need to handle regular activities in the bank and monitor all the works. The duties of an Officer Scale-I includes
- Officer Scale I has to supervise the Office Assistants.
- They have to evaluate the applications and other documents submitted by people/farmers asking for loans.
- Recovery of loans is also a very crucial duty of Officer Scale I.
- They have to work towards implementation of new schemes and policies by the government.
- They have to create reports on the activities of the bank.
- Performing audits and other related tasks are also the jobs of the Officer Scale I.
IBPS RRB Job Profile of Officer Scale-II
Officer Scale-II are recruited under various departments like
- Agriculture Officer
- Marketing Officer
- Treasury Officer
- Chartered Accountant
- Information Technology
IBPS RRB Job profile of Officer Scale-III
The Officer Scale-III employees are recruited as Senior Managers
IBPS RRB Career Growth and Promotions
As described above, working at RRBs provides ample opportunities for learning and growth. The career growth at in IBPS RRB is as below
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose/Clerk)
- Officer Scale I
- Assistant Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Branch Manager
- Senior Branch Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- General Manager
The promotions are based on the experiences of the employee as well as their performance.
Thus, hope you have received detailed information regarding the IBPS RRB Payscale and job profile. So, start applying now before the last date and prepare well. Start studying for the IBPS RRB Exam with a wide range of IBPS Preparation Books available online.