IBPS RRB Selection Process: Building a career in Banking requires a tremendous amount of effort and for this reason, you need to go through the essential parts in relation to the IBPS RRB Selection Process which we have discussed here.
You must be curious to know about the ways to cross each hurdle. We will throw a light on it, and also check the important points for the IBPS Exam. You must not skip any part. Get complete information on RRB PO selection stages
IBPS RRB Selection Process 2021
Every exam comprises various elements and it is absolutely necessary to know about the factors which are associated with a particular exam in order to secure a good position.
In the case of IBPS, there are different IBPS RRB Selection Process that is followed for various posts. The 3 stages involved in IBPS RRB Selection Process for Office Assistant and Officer Scale I are:
- IBPS RRB Preliminary Examination 2021
- IBPS RRB Main Examination 2021
- IBPS RRB Interview Round (Only for Officer Scale I)
The stages involved in the IBPS RRB Selection Process for the recruitment of Officer Scale-II and Officer Scale III are:
- IBPS RRB Single Online Test
- IBPS RRB Personal Interview 2020
IBPS RRB 2021 Selection Process: Preliminary Exam
The preliminary examination for the post of Officer Scale I and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) is conducted by the IBPS. It is held to eliminate under-qualified candidates.
- The examination will comprise 2 sections- Reasoning and Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude as per the post.
- The questions will be of Objective type Multiple Choice.
- The candidate will be given a composite time of 45 minutes to complete both the sections and qualify according to the cut-off set by IBPS to proceed to Main Exam 2020.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks if the candidate answers wrongly to a question.
IBPS RRB 2021 Selection Process: Main Examination
IBPS RRB Main Examination will be scheduled for the post of Officer Assistant (Multipurpose) and Officer Scale I. Candidates who will be able to crack IBPS RRB Preliminary exam according to the cutoff set by IBPS will be allowed to sit for this exam.
- The Main Examination consists of 5 sections including Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability, English/Hindi Language, Computer Knowledge, and General Knowledge (as per the post applied).
- The main examination will have 200 multiple choice questions worth 200 marks with a time duration of 2 hours. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Candidates applying for the post of Office Assistant will be called for provisional allotment after successfully qualifying for the main exam.
- Those who apply for the post of Officer Scale I shall be called for Interview Round after qualifying for the main exam.
Must-Read Essentials for IBPS RRB Exam
IBPS RRB 2021 Single Online Examination
Single online examination is held for those candidates who have applied for the post of Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer and Specialist Cadre) and Officer Scale-III. The exam pattern is almost like the main exam for Officer Scale I but the syllabus asks additional questions from the respective profession.
- There will be different sections of the Single Online examination depending on the post that the candidate has applied for.
- For every wrong answer, a penalty of 0.25 marks will be given.
- Total marks for the test will be 200 marks and those who qualify in the Single Online Test of IBPS RRB 2020 shall be called for an Interview.
IBPS RRB 2021 Interview Round
The interview session will be fixed for candidates applying for the post of Officer Scale I, II, and III only.
- The interview will be coordinated by the Nodal Regional Rural Bank with the help of NABARD and IBPS in consultation with the appropriate authority.
- Candidates who qualify for the main examination (Officer Scale I) or Single Online Examination (Officer Scale-II and Officer Scale III) shall be called for an interview session which will carry 100 marks.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum of 40% marks (35% for SC/ST, OBC, PwD candidates) in the interview session.
- Candidates shall be provided with allotment on the desired post only after they successfully qualify in all the stages with high merit.
- Also, provisional allotment will depend on the number of vacancies and merit-cum preference basis.
IBPS RRB 2021 Document Verification
After qualifying all the stages the candidates will be called for document verification. If a candidate fails to show the documents then he or she will not be eligible for the post applied for. Candidates must carry the following documents in original as well as two self-attested copies of each along with him/them for the document verification process:
- Print out the IBPS RRB call letter
- IBPS RRB Application Form registered for CWE RRBs-V
- Proof of Date of Birth (class 10thcertificate/ Birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation)
- Photo identity proof
- Marks sheet of qualifications and other related graduation documents. The documents should be dated before September 30, 2020.
- Experience certificates (if applicable)
- Caste certificates must be produced that will be issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format.
- Disability certificate issued by the authorized medical board.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with a pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview.
- Those who are still in defense service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defense services, on or before September 29, 2020.
- No objection certificate if a candidate is working in Government Offices or Public Sector Undertakings.
- For age relaxation, the candidate must produce the required documents. Domicile certificate must be produced by the candidates applying in this category and certificate issued by magistrate confirming the 1984 riot-affected persons’ relief.
IBPS RRB 2021 Provisional Allotment
A provisional allotment list will be prepared for each category as per the number of vacant seats. Although it will not guarantee recruitment.
There are certain eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled and the final allotment will be done on a merit basis. Candidates must get their documents verified and ensure all the other eligibility conditions are fulfilled.
We have included all the information regarding IBPS RRB Selection Process 2021. If you have any query feel free to ask in the comment section.
FAQ- IBPS RRB Selection Process
What is the Selection Process For IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk) 2021?
The candidates applying for the office assistant will have to appear in two stages for the preliminary and main examination.
What is the Office Assistant Preliminary IBPS RRB 2021 Exam Pattern?
The Office Assistant Prelims Exam is divided into two major sections of Reasoning and Numerical Ability, each consisting of 40 questions of 40 marks each.
What is the Selection Process For IBPS RRB IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I 2021?
The candidates applying for the Officer Scale-I will have to appear in three stages for the Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
How many times can I appear for the IBPS RRB Exam?
There is no restriction in IBPS RRB on the no. of attempts. You may appear several times until the age limit is over.
What are age limit eligibility criteria for Office Assistant (Multipurpose) and Officer Scale-I?
Candidates should be above 18 years and below 30 years for both Office Assistant (Multipurpose) and Officer Scale-I.
What is the AgeWise Relaxation for reserved category IBPS RRB 2021 Exam?
AgeWise Relaxation for the reserved category is mention below, For SC/ST -5 years, For OBC -3 years, For PWD-10 years.
What is the minimum IBPS RRB educational qualification for office assistants (multipurpose)?
Candidates should have a Degree in any discipline, proficiency in the local language, Knowledge of Computer skills.
What is the minimum educational qualification for Officer Scale-I (PO/Assistant Manager)?
Candidates should have a Degree in any discipline, proficiency in the local language, Knowledge of Computer skills. Candidates having a degree in Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy will be given preference.
What is the Selection Process For IBPS RRB Officer Scale Post II and III 2021?
Candidates applying for Officer Scale-2 and 3 have to appear in only two stages which are Mains and Interviews.