Revised CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21 PDF: To understand the concepts and to score better in CBSE Class 10 Board Exams, students should have to have a thorough understanding of the CBSE Class 10 syllabus. And the same thing will happen goes for English too. English is a subject, which does not only scale up your marks but also improves up your real life too. But to achieve the feat, you have to get a clear knowledge of the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for English. CBSE Class 10 syllabus for English is divided into two parts that are English Communicative and English Language and Literature.
Here we are providing the detailed Revised CBSE Class 10 syllabus for English PDF along with Chapter-wise NCERT English Textbooks PDF.
Latest Revised CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21
You should know that there are three sections in CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for English 2020:
- Writing Skills with Grammar,
- Literature Textbook and Extended Text Reading
Let us see the weightage of each of the sections:
Revised CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020
Section – A
Section – B
Writing Skills with Grammar
Section – C
Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text
Total – 80 marks
Secure Higher Grades and Chase Your Dream
Now you can see New CBSE Class 10 Section-wise syllabus detail from below.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21 (Part A)
- Multiple Choice Questions based on a Discursive passage of 400-450 words to test inference, evaluation, and vocabulary. Ten out of twelve questions to be answered.
- Multiple Choice Questions based on a Case-based factual passage (with visual input- statistical data, chart, etc.) of 300-350 words to test analysis and interpretation. Ten out of twelve questions to be answered
(Total length of two passages to be 700-750 words).
- Multiple Choice Questions based on an extract from drama/prose to test inference, evaluation, and vocabulary. Any 1 out of 2 extracts to be done.
- Multiple Choice Questions based on an extract from poetry to test analysis and interpretation. Any 1 out of 2 extracts to be done
- Ten Multiple Choice Questions, out of twelve, to be answered. Questions shall be based on the following:
- Subject-verb concord
- Reported speech
- Commands and requests
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21 (Part B)
- Formal letter (word limit 100-120 words) based on a given situation. One out of two questions is to be answered.
- Writing an analytical paragraph (word limit 100-120 words) based on a given outline/ Data/ Chart/ Cue/s .One out of two questions is to be answered.
- Four out of six Short Answer Type Questions to be answered in 20-30 words each from FIRST FLIGHT and FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET (two out of three from FIRST FLIGHT and two out of three from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET).
- Four out of six Short Answer Type Questions to be answered in 40-50 words each from FIRST FLIGHT and FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET (two out of three from FIRST FLIGHT and two out of three from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET).
- One out of two Long Answer Type Questions from FIRST FLIGHT to be answered in about 100-120 words each to assess creativity, imagination, and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts. This can be a passage-based question taken from a situation/plot from the texts.
- One out of two Long Answer Type Questions from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET on theme or plot involving interpretation, extrapolation beyond the text, and inference or character sketch to be answered in about 100-120 words.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21 (Internal Assessment)
Listening and Speaking Competencies
- Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills will be for 05 marks.
- It is recommended that listening and speaking skills should be regularly practiced
- Guidelines for Assessment in Listening and Speaking Skills
- Activities for listening and speaking available at cbseacademic.in can be used for developing the listening and speaking skills of students.
- Subject teachers should also refer to books prescribed in the
- In addition to the above, teachers may plan their own activities and create their own material for assessing the listening and speaking
Parameters for Assessment: The listening and speaking skills are to be assessed on the following parameters:
- Interactive competence (Initiation & turn-taking, relevance to the topic).
- Fluency (cohesion, coherence, and speed of delivery).
- Language (accuracy and vocabulary).
- The practice of listening and speaking skills should be done throughout the academic
- The final assessment of the skills is to be done as per the convenience and schedule of the
The record of the activities done and the marks given must be kept for three months after the declaration of result, for any random checking by the Board.
Deleted CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21
Here you can check and download the deleted CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21
Deleted CBSE Class 10 English Grammar Syllabus
Deleted CBSE Class 10 English First Flight Syllabus
First Flight Literature
Deleted CBSE Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Syllabus
Download In-Demand Chapter-Wise NCERT Class 10 English Textbooks 2020-21 PDF
Here we are providing the chapter-wise 10th English NCERT Textbooks PDF. You can read it online or download it easily.
First Flight English Class 10 PDF
- First Flight Chapter 1. A Letter to God
- First Flight Chapter 2. Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
- First Flight Chapter 3. Two Stories about Flying
- First Flight Chapter 4. From the Diary of Anne Frank
- First Flight Chapter 5. The Hundred Dresses–I
- First Flight Chapter 6. The Hundred Dresses–II
- First Flight Chapter 7. Glimpses of India
- First Flight Chapter 8. Mijbil the Otter
- First Flight Chapter 9. Madam Rides the Bus
- First Flight Chapter 10. The Sermon at Benares
- First Flight Chapter 11. The Proposal
Footprints Without Feet
- Chapter 1. A Triumph of Surgery
- Chapter 2. The Thief’s Story
- Chapter 3. The Midnight Visitor
- Chapter 4. A Question of Trust
- Chapter 5. Footprints without Feet
- Chapter 6. The Making of a Scientist
- Chapter 7. The Necklace
- Chapter 8. The Hack Driver
- Chapter 9. Bholi
- Chapter 10. The Book That Saved the Earth
Interact In English – Literature Reader
A Textbook for English Communicative Class 10 PDF
- Chapter 1: Two Gentlemen Of Verona by A.J. Cronin
- Chapter 2: Packletide’s Tiger by Saki
- Chapter 3: The Letter by Dhumaketu
- Chapter 4: A Shady Plot by Elsie Brown
- Chapter 5: Patol Babu, Film Star by Satyajit Ray
- Chapter 6: Virtually True by Paul Stewart
- Chapter 1: The Frog and the Nightingale by Vikram Seth
- Chapter 2: Mirror by Sylvia Plath
- Chapter 3: Not Marble, nor the Gilded Monuments (Sonnet 55) by William Shakespeare
- Chapter 4: Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Chapter 5: The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Chapter 6: Snake by D.H. Lawrence
Interact In English – Main Course Book (MCB)
- Chapter 1: Health and Medicine
- Chapter 2: Education
- Chapter 3: Science
- Chapter 4: Environment
- Chapter 5: Travel and Tourism
- Chapter 6: National Integration
Long Reading Text – Novels
Extremely Important Links Related To CBSE Class 10
We have covered the complete guide on the Revised CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For English 2020-21. Feel free to ask any questions related to CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2020-21 PDF in the comment section below.