RS Aggarwal Chapter 12 Class 9 Maths Exercise 12.2 Solutions: You may have come across many objects in daily life, which are round in shape, such as wheels of a vehicle, bangles, dials of many clocks, coins of denominations 50 p, Re 1 and Rs 5, key rings, buttons of shirts, etc.In a clock, you might have observed that the second’s hand goes round the dial of the clock rapidly and its tip moves in a round path. This path traced by the tip of the second’s hand is called a circle. In this chapter, you will study circles, other related terms and some properties of a circle.
Download RS Aggarwal Chapter 12 Class 9 Maths Exercise 12.2 Solutions
Important Definition for RS Aggarwal Chapter 12 Class 9 Maths Ex 12b Solutions
A circle is a closed geometrical figure. All points on the boundary of a circle are equidistance from a fixed point inside the circle (called the centre).
- Area of a circle (of radius r) = π × r2
- The diameter of the circle, d = 2 × r
- Circumference of the circle = 2 × π × r
- Sector angle of the circle, θ = (180 × l ) / (π × r )
- Area of the sector = (θ/2) × r2; where θ is the angle between the two radii
- Area of the circular ring = π × (R2– r2); where R – radius of the outer circle and r – radius of the inner circle
Know more at the official website.