Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as ‘GATE’ is a career boosting examination conducted across the country. GATE is conducted to check the ability of a candidate in various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. Many students come to a decision that students who have attended IIT examinations can easily clear GATE examination. But, it is not so easy as you think. GATE examination consists of questions with 70% knowledge and 30% strategy. First of all to clear GATE examination you need a complete practice and preparation of each topic. GATE 2019 is starting from February 2, 2019 and will last up to February 10, 2019. As the GATE 2019 examination is nearing, it is high time for candidates to practice and revise during the last minute of examination. Here we have compiled GATE Time Management Tips that consists of tips and tricks on how to manage time during examination and also during preparation.
GATE Time Management Tips During Preparation
- First of all, you need to start your preparation 6 months before the examination.
- Prepare a time table and split your accordingly for each subject.
- Divide the subject into three parts- Theory, Numerical, and What not to read. Yes, it is very important to note that not to waste time on topics which are not important.
- Once you are completed with the theory, start solving problems.
- Make a note of formulas and keywords during your preparation so that it will help you during last minute study.
- Regularly practice again and again until you are confident.
- Complete all the subjects in five months. In the last month start taking up GATE mock tests. This will help you to judge yourself on your ability to answer the main examination.
- Take breaks and refresh yourself.
- Solve previous year question papers to get an idea on different type of questions.
GATE Time Management Tips During Examination
- Go through the Question Paper- Just like you do for any normal exam, take a look at the question paper. Read the question paper for first 2 minutes. You will get an idea about the difficulty level of question paper. If you feel questions you read are difficult then start answering from further. If you feel the questions are manageable then that’s great to start on.
- Do not Plan Earlier- The question Paper consists of 65 questions which has to be answered in 3 hours. Do not pre plan on answering questions which may end up in loosing all your time. There might be easy questions which can be answered just by looking at the question but there are also few questions which may take atleast 10 minutes to get the answer. So, do not plan before.
- Start with the easier part- Answering the easier part first increases your confidence level. The GATE exam usually gives aptitude at the beginning. This is to make sure that candidates do get tensed. If you are well prepared with aptitude then you can complete it within 5 minutes.
- Practice more and more- Solving previous year question papers is a great help for any exam. Give 3 hours for each paper and take up the exam. Taking up mock tests is also of great help because it has timer and you can improve your time management. Use virtual calculator so that you can improve your speed.
- Read questions quickly and carefully- Since you have solved many question papers, you need to be fast in reading questions in the main examination. Read the questions quickly and carefully.
- Do not Panic- If you are unable to answer any question or you get stuck in the middle of any problem, then do not panic. Just try for another 2-3 times and move on. Do not get tensed and think about that. Just leave it and move on.
Thus, the main advice for all students taking up GATE Exam is manage your time efficiently. If you have done your preparation well and practiced accordingly then definitely you will score more in GATE 2019.