CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English 2019-20 PDF | Download CBSE English Syllabus PDF
CBSE Class 9 Syllabus For English 2019-20 PDF: Are you preparing for CBSE Class 9 Exam 2019? Do you have the latest CBSE syllabus?
Here we are providing you the complete guide on CBSE Class 9 Syllabus For English 2019-20.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English 2019
You may know that CBSE Affiliated School conducts the Class 9 exam, but the board decides the syllabus for CBSE Class.
All CBSE affiliated schools follow the NCERT curriculum as per the board’s recommendations.
The English language has an important role in all students life. Proficiency in the language will be helpful in finding a better job in the future.
English is also considered to be a scoring subject to boost your overall Class 9 grades. So to score a better mark in the subject, you should know the latest Syllabus for English.
Before getting into the details of CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English, let’s have a look at the section-wise marks distribution:
CBSE Class 9 English Marking Scheme PDF
Writing Skills With Grammar
Literature Textbook and Supplementary Reading Text
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English Reading Skills
In this section, your reading skills will be tested, i.e., your ability to read and understand a passage.
You will see the two passages based questions. It will have:
- A Factual passage of 300-350 words with eight Very Short Answer Type Questions.
- A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer Type Questions to test inference, evaluation, and analysis with four Very Short Answer Questions to test vocabulary.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English Writing Skills With Grammar
You will see the following topics in English Writing Skills with Grammar:
- Writing an Article/ Descriptive Paragraph( person/ place/ event/diary entry) in about 100-150 words based on visual or verbal cue/s.
- Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 150 – 200 words.
The Grammar syllabus will include the following areas in Class IX:
- Use of passive voice
- Subject-verb concord
- Reporting Commands and requests (ii) Statements (iii) Questions
- Clauses: (i) Noun clauses (ii) Adverb clauses of condition and time (iii) Relative clauses
In English Literature Textbook and English Supplementary Reader of Class 9, you will find the prose, poetry, play.
You will see the following chapters in the CBSE Class 9 English language syllabus are as given below:
- The Fun They Had
- The Sound of Music
- The Little Girl
- A Truly Beautiful Mind
- The Snake and the Mirror
- My Childhood
- Reach for the Top
- The Bond of Love
- If I were you
- The Road Not Taken
- Rain of the Roof
- The Lake Isle of Innisfree
- A Legend of the Northland
- No Men are Foreign
- The Duck and the Kangaroo
- On Killing a Tree
- The Snake Trying
- A Slumber did my Spirit Seal
Supplementary Reader Chapters
- The Lost Child
- The Adventures of Toto
- Iswaran the Storyteller
- In the Kingdom of Fools
- The Happy Prince
- Weathering the Strom in Ersama
- The Last Leaf
- A Hose s Not a Home
- The Accidental Tourist
- The Beggar
We have covered a detailed guide on CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment below.