According to the datesheet of CBSE for class 12th Board exams on the official website, the exams are scheduled to commence from March 2, 2016 and will end on April 20, 2016.
Chemistry has been a nightmare for many. And concerns this time have definitely doubled the heartbeats.
A gap of only 2 days for a subject like Chemistry with unknown demarcation has really taken the confidence of students for a toss.
Uneven split of the syllabus has already been creating a lot of panic as this time around there is no clear demarcation on the unit-wise division of marks. According to Sreedevi Gudur, a Chemistry Teacher at Carmel Convent Girls’ Bhopal, “Only prior and rigorous preparation can save the students this time.”
But unlike the pattern of many years, this time one doesn’t really know what to focus on according to weight-age of marks.
Split up of Chemistry –
1. This time 22 marks have been given to Physical Chemistry while some parts of Organic and Physical Chemistry have been clubbed together to 28 marks
2. The remaining comprises of purely Inorganic
Tips and Solutions by Sreedevi Gudur –
1. Mark Important Questions now
2. Create a layout of important topics from each unit
3. One run of the course before the exam is a must
4. Only revise during the exam gap (the important questions that you had marked)
5. Stay calm
Stress and Depression is bound to take a toll on students in a scenario where the competition is between Government and Private Schools, Convent and Co-Ed schools.
All we can do is hope for some reconsideration, until then “Prevention is better than cure”.
Time to start practicing sample papers as many as you can
Get your sample question paper from here and do practice: