CAT Eligibility 2019: Before applying CAT 2019, you should be aware of CAT eligibility criteria 2019. You have to meet necessary eligibility criteria to fill online CAT application form 2019 and prepare the list of documents needed at the time of registration. You have to apply before September 20, 2019.
Here we are covering detailed guide on CAT eligibility criteria 2019 so that you can have a crystal clear idea about CAT eligibility criteria.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Academic Qualification
- You have to accomplish a Bachelor’s degree program in any stream from a recognised university or have an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, India.
- If you are from the general or NC-OBC category, then you must have a minimum of 50% in the bachelor’s degree.
- If you are from the reserved categories, then you must attain a minimum aggregate percentage of 45% in the bachelor’s program.
- If your score is awarded in grades or CGPA, you have to convert grades or CGPA according to the process certified by the university/ institute.
- If you are in the final year of the program or waiting for your results can also apply.
The academic qualification details of CAT Exam Eligibility are tabulated below:
|Engineering Degree – B. Tech/ B.E.||Recognised by MHRD/ UPSC/AICTE||50% (45% for SC, ST, PWD candidates)|
|Bachelor’s Degree from any University||Recognised by UGC||50% (45% for SC, ST, PWD candidates)|
|Students who are pursuing the final year of their Bachelor’s degree can also take the examination.||Continuing graduation from University Recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/AICTE or UGC||50% (45% for SC, ST, PWD candidates)|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 for Final Year Students
- If you appear final year degree exam, you will also become eligible to apply CAT exam 2019.
- You have to score at least 50% marks to get admission into a course.
- Various institutes like IIMs and other management verify CAT eligibility at different stages of the selection process.
If you crack CAT 2019 and shortlist for admission, then you must follow the following instructions.
- You have to show an original certificate with 50% marks in degree or equivalent (45% in case of reserved category) based on latest available grades/marks.
- You have to submit a set of photocopy of the original certificates at the time of interview.
CAT Reservation Criteria 2019
- All IIMs follow the reservation according to government rule.
- You will see two types of reservations of seats at IIMs – Caste based reservation and Reservation for Differently abled individuals.
- According to the 124th Amendment Bill in the Constitution of India, IIMs have also introduced the EWS quota this year.
Caste Based Reservation Policy
If you are from SC, ST, or NC-OBC category, you will get following relaxation.
- If you are from the SC or ST category, you have to score an aggregate of 45% in Bachelor’s degree program.
- If you belong to the NC-OBC category, you should score an aggregate of 50% in their Bachelor’s degree program.
You can see seat distribution according to the reservation below.
|Category||Per cent of seats reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backwards Classes – Non-Creamy Layer (NC-OBC)||27%|
Essential Documents for Caste Based Reservation
- You have to upload your caste certificate while filling the online application form.
- You will need to bring the original caste certificate the time of interview and admission.
- The format for caste certificate is available on the CAT official website.
Reservation Policy for Differently Abled Candidates
For the differently-abled candidate, there is a separate reservation policy applicable. There is a reservation of 3% seats for differently-abled candidates in IIMs. A Differently abled candidate should have 45% marks in a graduate degree.
A differently-abled candidate is defined as below:
- Hearing impairment
- Low Vision blindness
- Locomotor Disability/Cerebral Palsy
It is only applicable for those who suffer from the said disabilities at least to the extent of 40% or more. These candidates should have a medical certificatestating the same, issued by an authorised medical authority.
No Age bar to register
There is no age restriction to appear in CAT 2019 exam. A person who has all the qualifications to appear in the exam and has an age of 70+ years can also apply to take CAT 2019.
Now you have brief information about CAT eligibility criteria 2019. If you have any question, please let us know in the comment section.